Linwood Boomer Stepping Down

admin

Retired Administrator
According to Variety.com, Linwood Boomer is stepping down as exec producer to the show. I have managed to get hold of the article and its now breaking news on our homepage.

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=362

Does this mean the end of Malcolm in the Middle the "way" we know it to be. Will it loose its zanny crazyness, yet make everything seem so believable anymore?

Any thoughts?

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
no. he'll still be there, and the new guys has done some good stuff. the writers will be the same, personally i think there wont be any noticables changes. except that fox defo wont be doing another season after 7.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Wow, I'm quite surprised, I must say. As rare as it is, Linwood always made it sound like he would defy the odds.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
wow, i think he has rubbed his crazyness onto a couple writers. This will be a change, but nothing MITM can't handle.

admin

Retired Administrator
Garbage Kills Megan said:
I would be more worried if the show was at the top of it's game right now, but it's not. I think it will probably be ok.
Yeah, I have to agree with you there, the show is no longer at its peak, really Boomer does need to get out now - otherwise he will just be stereocast as the "MITM" director. I think he is a great man, with great idea. I have really enjoyed MITM in the early days and 3rd Rock from the Sun, another of his creations I found fabulous as well - sadly it was so underated in the US :(

arach

Its about time that he leaves. I wondered why he didn´t leave earlier. He should do some great new other shows. a man with his potential shouldn´t be stuck to one show for such a long time.

I don´t worry about mitm. it will be fine. the crew has shown what they can do, i guess they will be fine without him. maybe there will be some fresh new wind in mitm´s last season.

admin

Retired Administrator
Yeah he is continuing to work with Regency and FOX so hopefully we can see some more great programmes, that are equally good or better than MITM or 3rdROCK :D

Wemboy

Probably sounds obvious, but often a change can be a good thing. Linwood Boomer leaving could just freshen things up and benefit the show with a few new ideas etc. I wonder how easy it will be for him to give up control of the show though? Perhaps he'll see other people doing his old job and try and "interfere", clawing back his control of the show!, then again maybe he's not such a conrtol freak!:D