Downloaded Episodes Won't Play?

Hi,

I'm a new guy with a question, :lol:

When i have downloaded a episode, i try to open it with VLC, with WMP and with Realplayer, but none of them work, whats the problem.

Thank you.

PS: Sorry for the bad english, i'm from the Netherlands^^

MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE RULESS!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Reese in the middle if you don't downloaded the files from our torrent all the files are .avi and will all play in VLC. Make sure you computer is faster enough to play video.

If you downloaded from elsewhere you need to tell us more about the file your trying to play.

i have downloaded most of the first season and when i load an episode in vlc it plays the first 10-30 seconds then the video stops but the pllayer continues to count. the video starts up again at the credits. any ideas?

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
i have downloaded most of the first season and when i load an episode in vlc it plays the first 10-30 seconds then the video stops but the pllayer continues to count. the video starts up again at the credits. any ideas?

Sounds to me like you have download "partial" episodes. So you have downloaded bits of the an episode, the start bit and the end bits etc

If your using utorrent, click on the "Malcolm in the Middle" torrent then click "files" below. You will see blue bars and % that show how much of an episode you have.

MITM_Fan

VLC player isn't recommended, use for best viewing MPC with CCCP codec pack, to have the best results and also to activate filters this way the image get's nicer.

Which I of course by all means, colors, crop, de-interlace, sharp, noise (nice at sometimes), etc. It's a waste of time doing re-encodes as this is enough.:cool:

smileyorilly

check file size download

click on the download link and check the filesize on the link is the same as the one on you computer which should be around 174mb in size. also unzip it from any archive before playing. Tell us the link you are downloading from also