Not their car?

Jaret

In the pilot, there is a flashback of Francis where he is apologizing and after it, Malcolm said the car that exploded wasn't theirs. Now not that this is that important, but I am sure I noticed that the car that exploded is the same car that the family drives. I has the same ugly paint job and the same shape. Correct me if I'm wrong...

yardgames

Retired Administrator
And last time I checked cars were mass produced. There's more than one ugly old car in the world. :D

Jaret

And last time I checked cars were mass produced. There's more than one ugly old car in the world. :D

Yes but if Francis was to steal a car, he would have gotten a better one most likely. There is no mention that it was stolen, but the chances of it being the same model are a little too coincidental...

Amigo22

Super Moderator
If he was going to steal it, then yeah, he would have gone for a more expensive car, but it was parked in the street with no-one around, so it wouldn't have mattered to him what type of car it was.

MalcolmFun

Malcolm_In_The_Middle014.jpg

The car that he destroyed was an old fashioned station wagon. It is the same color as thier van, if that is what you thought it was.

Jaret

If I am correct, that is their car. I seem to remember driving just that... In Kreylboyne picnic I think... hmm...

Jaret

That's what Malcolm says in the Pilot, but regardless of whose car it was, he still damaged it, and his parents are the ones that have to pay for it.

But it's just so fun to quote Malcolm. Sorry, I had to... Anyway, we have gotten off topic.

Nico21

I don't see which Wilkerson's car looks like this one. The only station wagon I remember they had is the blue ford taurus (often parked in the alley of the house in the later seasons). Or the blue chrysler 7 seater van with wood decorations on the side, the one they use at the end of Krelboyne Picnic:
vlcsnap1479552vp0.png

Besides these two, I only think about sedans, like the yellow one Lois destroys fighting against a woman at the supermarket, or the blue Dodge Hal crashed to kill a bee in season 7.
All of them may be "ugly old", but I don't think one of these is the one Francis burnt !

Last edited:

Jaret

I don't see which Wilkerson's car looks like this one. The only station wagon I remember they had is the blue ford taurus (often parked in the alley of the house in the later seasons). Or the blue chrysler 7 seater van with wood decorations on the side, the one they use at the end of Krelboyne Picnic:
vlcsnap1479552vp0.png

Besides these two, I only think about sedans, like the yellow one Lois destroys fighting against a woman at the supermarket, or the blue Dodge Hal crashed to kill a bee in season 7.
All of them may be "ugly old", but I don't think one of these is the one Francis burnt !

I think that one in the picture is quite possibly the one i am thinking about. If you think about it, they look quite similar but the only difference i notice is that the front of the one on fire has a longer front.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
The van is the only vehicle they have all seven seasons. Thanks for the pic; I didn't remember exactly what Francis blew up, but it was a station wagon; not a van. So it was in fact different. Cars of that time just happened to have the wood paneling a lot; it ages MITM a bit.

AlexTheMartian

the one on fire is a station wagon, the one that been used all throughout the series is a van. Both have same paint and design, but it is obvious one is a station wagon and one is a van. vans are much taller, and actually have 3 rows, station wagons just have the 2 rows, and just a long backspace. Two different cars :blink:

Malcolm_In_The_Middle014.jpg

vlcsnap1479552vp0.png

and you can see, the van (bottom image) has more blue at the top and bottom of the wood design, the station wagon (top image) does not have that much visible blue, and is mostly the wood design.

Last edited:

Jaret

But I was also recalling stuff from memory and when I was watching pilot again, I just saw mainly the design and it reminded me a lot of the van they drive. I wasn't really studdying it that much....

BobCurdy789

I think it's Lois' Car, because, and I quote from wikipedia:
Lois exiled him to a military academy after he was caught in bed with his girlfriend, and crashed Lois' car (which proceeded to burn up)

The burning station wagon is Lois' because on wikipedia they say so

Last edited by a moderator: