"Stupid Girl" Episode

curtishouse27

I was just watching this episode the other day and, for some reason, it enthralled me more than any other episode of MITM that I've seen before. I guess it has to do with Reese being able to "shut his brain off." I have been guilty of over-analyzing things to death in my life and it would just make life so much easier if I was able to stop doing that and just enjoy life as Reese seems to do; even Malcolm finds a brief joy in this way of thinking or lack thereof. Imagine how much easier and less stressful life would be if we lived a little bit more like Reese and stopped over-thinking every single nuance of our everyday lives. Did anybody else feel this way after watching this episode?

MalcolmFun

The contrast of Reese not thinking at all to Malcolm over thinking things is shown in a lot of episodes. The pitfalls of both are shown at various times and at times they try to emulate each other without success. In one episode when Reese goes to do something Malcolm would not dare to do, Reese even explains: "Malcolm, I live in a world of 'what the hell's!"

I am like Malcolm myself. Sometimes I overthink things to the point of total inaction. Like Malcolm, I have to try and actually force myself to be spontaneous and social.

beyond the basic silly humor, Malcolm in the Middle is all about psychology - every single episode

yardgames

Retired Administrator
At some point I think we're all like both of them. But sooner or later we have to realize that it doesn't actually do any good to sweat the little things. Sometimes those things really do have a way of working themselves out.