Buying Fake DVDs - Quality of Purchase?

Jmor777

I was thinking of purchasing the entire dvd collection of Malcolm from Supreme DVD Entertainment for 34.00 and I was wondering if anyone knows how the quality of the dvd's are, is the company reliable, etc. :)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome Jmor777. If you need any help email me from the link below. We hope you enjoy your stay.

The DVD's are fake.
They are illegal.
The company is NOT to be trusted, especially with credit card.

They are one of many companies who go by various different names and get shut down by the police and re-open elsewhere.

I'm guessing your are referring to this site:

supremedvdentertainment (dot) com

The person who owns this website can be seem below - 100% fake.
DNS said:
Registrant:
John Doe
123 Main St.
New York, NY 10001
US

Registrar: DOTSTER
Domain Name: SUPREMEDVDENTERTAINMENT (dot) COM
Created on: 26-DEC-06
Expires on: 26-DEC-11
Last Updated on: 26-DEC-06

Administrative, Technical Contact:
Doe, John liberalsblowme@yahoo.com
123 Main St.
New York, NY 10001
US
212-555-1212

Remember the quality is not going to be that good, they will be no better (maybe worse) than our FREE downloads,

I have heard of people who have bought these fake DVD's before and SOME have got them. Who knows if you will be lucky or not.

If you want to risk it, I'd use one of paypal.com one time credit card numbers. Therefore they cant steal credit card details, that however doesn't effect the fact that the product you are buying is illegal.

I completely understand why people want to do this, and its FOX's fault for not releasing the DVDs.

Also read our FAQ.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1693

There are programs that can convert the AVIs you can obtain here to a data or watchable-on-players DVD, like Total Video Converter, Burn4Free, etc (a lot are free or have free trials). If you really want the episodes in DVD format, you can download and convert the episodes. It can be time consuming, but it's all free, except for blank DVDs (which some people have lying around anyway). That's what I did. But remember, if there is a free trial for a certain number of days, don't download the program until you have the episodes you need.

Jmor777

Thanks for the feedback and information. I will definitely not buy from them. Is there any chance seasons 2 - 7 will be released on DVD? I have recently discovered this wonderful, clever series and have purchased season 1 already. I have not enjoyed a sitcom this much since watching 'ol Barn on the Andy Griffeth Show.

D

Deleted member 1693

That's wonderful. :)

And this is a question that many ask. Chances are they will not even after all this time due to music rights issues. It's all FOX's fault.

AlexTheMartian

When I become rich, either 1. I'll be president of FOX and get these DVDs released with my influence in the industry, or 2. I will buy all the rights if FOX doesn't want to put up the money for them.

ORRRRRRRRRRRRR

they can just have a serious overview of entire series, and hire a sound company to replace specific songs with one JUST AS GOOD but one they can easily acquire rights for. really, come on FOX!

Nico21

they can just have a serious overview of entire series, and hire a sound company to replace specific songs with one JUST AS GOOD but one they can easily acquire rights for. really, come on FOX!
I'm not sure this is the best solution. The most expensive songs must also be the main songs in the show, and MITM wouldn't be MITM without it !
Can you imagine Hal skating on something else than 'Funkytown', Malcolm and Reese dancing on something else than 'Abba'... There are plenty of good songs in the show (Queen, Tear for Fears, James Brown...), and I don't think it would be that good if they were replaced. I would always miss something while watching !
I also remember Take five from Dave Brubeck in the Bomb Shelter episode, isn't it the perfect song for the scene? Or Sum41 when Reese gets his driving licence? Can you imagine any other song that would fit?

Back to the original subject, illegal DVDs aren't always sold by unknown, a member of Malcolm-France recently reported that he saw and bought the 7 seasons DVDs in a famous french mall. But it seems it didn't last long.

AlexTheMartian

illegal DVDs are just that, illegal. If a big company sells illegal DVD, they are committing a crime. I can not imagine any major company willing to take that risk.

I say, if people want to download them, enjoy it yourself, just DON'T SELL THEM, you do not want to end up behind bars :eek:hmy:

D

Deleted member 1693

For something as trivial as supplying some illegal "Middle". :D

Batch

Why not just record it off TV? It's on often enough. Also 151 / 7 = 22 episodes per DVD. 4.37gb / 22 = 200mb. At 200mb in .VOB formate the quality will be pretty poor.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
They're fake, so the episodes were probably obtained from the Internet, and depending on the site they were from, the quality will almost definitely be :shit:.

D

Deleted member 1693

You can use Total Video Converter (good trial) or the one TJ uses. (forgot the name right now... >.<)

Ryebeach

Just want to reiterate what's already been said about those sites that are selling the DVD sets; They are illegal. FOX owns the rights to all the episodes of MITM and as we all know, only season 1 is available on DVD. Any other seasons you may see for sale are not authorized by the copyright holder (FOX) and are thus illegal to sell and illegal to buy. I highly recommend avoiding buying them for not only that reason, but as TJ mentioned, the possibility of identity and credit card theft. Trust me when I say, FOX is well aware of the sites that offer to sell entire DVD sets and their legal department will deal with these issues. In the end, as much as we all would love to have the full series of MITM on DVD, it's just not worth the risks.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Aside from the legal issues here....

I tried a "fake" collection a few years ago. Mine was $25 with shipping. It was a risk, true, but I knew I could dispute the charge with my credit card company if I didn't get my product (which I did).

Was it worth it? Well, I recognized many of the eps as common clips from torrents I had seen online. What I was really paying for was having them all put on disc for me. I was really getting behind and it put them all on just 7 discs, which was convenient. I still use S2 and S3 discs because they're still better than what I had before, but I'm working on redoing those two libraries with the HD S2 eps in the torrent and the better-quality S3 episodes. Then my illegal discs will be retired completely so I have homemade illegal discs. :D

Malcolm191095

i bought some from taiwan. the qualtiy was awful. it was as if itwas picxilated. 2 discs wre completely out of sinc. there were many errors. about 10 episodes were missing! just tape them off the telly!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
i bought some from taiwan. the qualtiy was awful. it was as if itwas picxilated. 2 discs wre completely out of sinc. there were many errors. about 10 episodes were missing! just tape them off the telly!

Welcome Malcolm191095, I'm sorry to hear you got ripped off.

I'd like to state again anybody considering buying DVDs (expect for season 1) form anywhere even if you think they look trustworthy, they aren't and you will be scammed.

KelEl

Well, my lovely mother bought fake DVDs off line, because I have been talking about MitM so much lately and I complained about how we don't have a DVR so I couldn't record it.
Well, first of all, they managed to get every season on a separate disk. I knew right then that they couldn't be that great. They were okay, 1, 6 and 7 were the better ones, while 2 and 3 really sucked. They were pixalated and horrible, and they had this annoying advertisement for the Sims game before every episode. Then some of the episodes had commercials in between! And most were out of sync.
Thankfully, she didn't waste that much money -- only $20. So now, I'm just going to download them from here and make my own disks. I just thought I would share my own experience :D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Well, my lovely mother bought fake DVDs off line, because I have been talking about MitM so much lately and I complained about how we don't have a DVR so I couldn't record it.
Well, first of all, they managed to get every season on a separate disk. I knew right then that they couldn't be that great. They were okay, 1, 6 and 7 were the better ones, while 2 and 3 really sucked. They were pixalated and horrible, and they had this annoying advertisement for the Sims game before every episode. Then some of the episodes had commercials in between! And most were out of sync.
Thankfully, she didn't waste that much money -- only $20. So now, I'm just going to download them from here and make my own disks. I just thought I would share my own experience :D

Count yourself lucky you got the DVD in the first place. Also I would tell your mother to watch her credit card as there is a chance her credit card details will have been stolen. Depending on how dodgy the seller is.

People keep doing it, which is of course going to happen, but if you read this please don't. You are supporting illegal, dodgy people who will rip you off.

I think I'll do a post front page post on this sometime exposing the fake site etc.