Idea: MITMVC Audio/Video Podcast?

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I was thinking it could be great to produce a Malcolm in the Middle podcast. It's a great way to reach MITM fans and would be fun to make.

The format I was thinking (which is totally up for discussion) would be:

• Intro (theme music/video)
  • News (run down on the latest news on the site and some discussion if relavent)
  • Feature - each podcast we pick a topic (probs one of the more popular threads on the forum) and discuss it. eg. family name.
  • Entro (theme music/video)
As you can see from the above, we would have a panel of people talking.

I'm thinking 3 or so people, who would read up on the "feature" for the week and they would chat about it.

We could record and chat over skype, and then I could edit in video in the background, which would be clips of what we are talking about.

So basically I'm looking to see if anyone would be interested in doing this or has any ideas.

AlexTheMartian

I can do the moving graphics for it, since my real-life job is doing motion graphics for television shows. after 1st episode is complete and edited, you can send me the video file with blank prompts for me to add in the graphics and then just use those same graphics in the following episodes as well.

And i think reese35 should do the ending credits, he is great with them. so I can do Intro video and some labels throughout the video, such as the name at bottom of the person currently talking.

If any of you seen the show Viva la Bam on MTV, that is the style that me and my company mainly does for graphics. We did the entire series, but i only came in on the final season but i did not do anything back then, as i was mostly just there to watch and learn.

However, if you like i can mix together the Malcolm in the Middle style of opening sequence with a sort of MTV-grunge, or something similar.

P.S. I do not have the time to be in the video, also i probably would not be willing to be in it, lol.

Last edited:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
YEAH! motion graphic would be awesome! I don't expect everyone to be able to do the show hosting, but any skills people can bring would be great.

AlexTheMartian

YEAH! motion graphic would be awesome! I don't expect everyone to be able to do the show hosting, but any skills people can bring would be great.

oh, when i first read this for some reason i thought it was video podcast, but if it is just audio with video graphics, thats cool.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
oh, when i first read this for some reason i thought it was video podcast, but if it is just audio with video graphics, thats cool.

There are no firm decisions, I want to do a video podcast ideally. However doing joint video (webcam) and recording it from around the world is hard. So I was thinking of doing a combination of audio and video. So the discussion dn commentary would be audio on skype, but it would be over video clips of what we where talking about.

So basically the presenters would meet up at a arranged time. We would chat on skype about the subject. I would record the audio. then in editing i would add video/images.

D

Deleted member 1693

I would love to host/do the audio since I have a lot more time on my hands now. Maybe I would stumble at first, but then I would probably get used to it. I've always wanted to use podcasts.

But, you know, whatever's easiest for you. If other people want it more, that job should be theirs.

MalcolmFun

Here is a variation on this idea. Select a Malcolm episode. Get 3 or 4 people online at the same time in skype and they all have a copy of the episode. They all watch the episode and talk about it over skype while it is in progress. This would be like the voiceover DVD commentaries except fan generated talking about what they like and what is funny whatever. Then post the audio and there can be additional discussion about the episode and what was said in the forum.

AlexTheMartian

MalcolmFun's idea sounds cool, as it will be like audio commentary that come on DVDs... and don't be afraid of going off subject and pointless banter, as that is what make radio shows entertaining anyways... some DVDs have boring commentary to be honest. so you will need to add some entertainment.

D

Deleted member 1693

I agree. Sometimes the directors/producers/actors on commentary go off on a random tangent and miss some of the best parts of the shows/movie :D

I'd be up for something like that. I'm excited for it, but I'm not the best at speaking spontaneously with people I don't know. But I can definitely work on it!

D

Deleted member 1693

... Don't think so, really. In all seriousness, I'm not talking with people I don't know live. I'm pretty sure I'd be way too nervous.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I am, but nobody really seems that interested. And for it to work people have to be keen.

MalcolmFun

I'm no good at small talk with random people either but if you have a specific topic of conversation that makes it easy. I think it is a good enough idea to try. Even if it turns out crappy, just consider it an experiment and dont publish it on the site. If you can organize it ahead of time on a weekend I would join in.

Tyno

Malcolm-France
Well, I think this is a good idea, really. But I don't know if commenting an episode is the best idea of all, because like some of you said, it'd be small talk, nothing to really say instead of the actors/productors/directors who can tell us things we don't know. In my opinion, it would be nice to have a few people to prepare real material about the show, and its cast and crew.

Actually, we did a series of podcasts on Malcolm France last, when the end of MITM aired in France. We did 5 podcasts in partnership with a web radio which dealt with the genesis of the series, the characters and some trivia. It's here.

KelEl

I know it's been awhile since anyone's discussed this on here, but I think this podcast thing whould still happen.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I know it's been awhile since anyone's discussed this on here, but I think this podcast thing whould still happen.

I agree, time is an issue, but If you would be interested in helping, say what stuff you would like to do?