Frankie Muniz Puts House Up For Sale [Photos]

• Thread starter Deleted member 1693
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1693

Front Page Post

Frankie-Muniz-House-Wetherly-Drive-Sale-2007-MITMVC_2_.jpg

Frankie Muniz has put his house (N. Wetherly Drive, Los Angeles, CA) up for sale at $3,875,000. Which he bought in January of 2006 for $3,499,000. Some sources say he did "extensive" upgrades, so we are unsure of whether he will make a profit. Frankie has bought and sold several houses in the past.

Features in the Wetherly Drive house that Frankie is selling include four baths, an open floor plan, an outdoor fireplace, a pool and spa, a full surround sound system, a viewing deck, and a large master suite with pitched ceilings, skylights, two walk-in closets and a bath with an infinity tub, according to listing information. The 1,972-square-foot house was built in 1941 and sits on a very small, 0.17-acre lot, according to public records. Described as 'hot property' by the LATimes.

It is not yet known if Frankie has purchased a new home, but I'm sure we will find out soon.

See 60+ photos of the house in our GALLERY.

Source: LATimes, bergproperties.com, realestalker, Lisitng

Previous Houses

The house at 1164 N. Doheny Drive above the Sunset Strip, which he purchased in mid-2003 through his 1164 North Doheny Drive Trust for an undisclosed amount and which he sold to actress Halle Berry’s New Start Trust in mid-2005 for $5,995,000, according to public records.

The 3,891-square-foot house at 1506 Blue Jay Way in the Bird Streets area of Los Angeles’ Hollywood Hills, which Muniz purchased in mid-2004 for an undisclosed amount. Muniz’s Blue Jay Way Trust sold the house in May 2005 for $3,900,000 to a non-celebrity after it had been listed for $3,995,000. Built in 1962, that house has nifty security features like fingerprint-recognition software. Blue Jay Way is the street where actress Jennifer Aniston owns (and rents out) a 2,903-square-foot house (at 1639 Blue Jay Way), which she purchased in 1995 through her Wonder Trust for $742,500, according to public records.

Last edited by a moderator:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
LOL what does one person need a house that large for? Of course maybe he's realized that and is selling it to buy a smaller one. Doubt it. :D

MalcolmFun

I don't know about California but in most of the country it is hard to make money in real estate right now. Hope he knows what he is doing.

I'm not sure if this was ever posted here but Frankie was featured on VH1 "Fabulous Life" regarding some real estate deals from back in, I think, 2005. I think I still have it recorded.

D

Deleted member 1693

LOL what does one person need a house that large for? Of course maybe he's realized that and is selling it to buy a smaller one. Doubt it. :D

I was wondering the same thing myself. And also, does he really need that fingerprint door thing? xD

Ryebeach

I don't know about California but in most of the country it is hard to make money in real estate right now. Hope he knows what he is doing.

I'm not sure if this was ever posted here but Frankie was featured on VH1 "Fabulous Life" regarding some real estate deals from back in, I think, 2005. I think I still have it recorded.

Frankie was featured on the premiere episode of that series, "The Fabulous Life: Really Rich Real Estate," which aired in November 2006. Here's the episode description for Frankie's segment:

Looking to sell two of his Hollywood Hills homes as well as buy property, actor Frankie Muniz calls on best friend and WEA agent Max Shapiro. Max shows Frankie "the ultimate party bachelor pad," a $12,000,000 Hollywood Hills home. Heir to his father's throne, Max hopes to impress Stephen Shapiro by landing the deal, which would also mean $550,000 in total commission for Max.

It was a cool segment and for awhile, Vh1 was streaming it on their website but it doesn't appear they are any longer, nor could I find it on YouTube.

AlexTheMartian

California has a terrible time with real estate right now, but the thing is, Frankie is a celebrity and probably will be selling to rich people, and rich people have the money anyways so it is not an issue to them that the real estate market is not doing good.

D

Deleted member 1693

Very colorful and tasteful place with an excellent view. I love the art, too!

The warm glow at night is so beautiful... :eek:hmy:

MalcolmFun

Frankie leaves Hollywood

Looks like the house didnt sell yet.

Frankie retires from acting to race!
I guess the tabloids aren't actually very good at reporting news since that is like 2 year old info, but that story is all over the place now.

Conflicting infos. Is he selling everything he owns in L.A. to move to Arizona? IS he building a house, buying a condo, all of the above?

Frankie Muniz to Leave Hollywood

Brace yourselves, Frankie Muniz is leaving Hollywood.

The former Malcolm in the Middle star,22, is uprooting and moving to Arizona to focus on a career in race car driving. He's already put his West Hollywood home up for sale with agent Max Shapiro at the Westside Estate Agency. The price: a cool $3.695 million!

"He's moving to Scottsdale," a source tells OK!. "He's decided to focus his energy on racing and feels that he doesn't need a home in Hollywood anymore."

In a recent interview, Frankie told OK! that while he knows there's a strong possibility that Hollywood may stop calling, it's not really something he cares about anymore.

"I really wouldn't mind if I never acted again," he confessed to OK!. "Racing is definitely my passion — this is my career now and what I definitely want to do for the rest of my life."
http://www.okmagazine.com/news/view/6702

Real Estate Round Two With Frankie Muniz
After not enticing anyone to snatch it up when it was first listed back in December of 2007 for $3,875,000, Frankie Muniz has re-listed his N. Wetherly Drive home in the Hollywood Hills with a new real estate agent and a reduced asking price of $3,695,000, which ain't much more than the $3,499,000 property records indicate he paid for the 5 bedroom and 4 bathroom house in January of 2006.
http://realestalker.blogspot.com/

http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/escapade/article/271346

MalcolmFun

it doesnt surprise me he wants to move, since despite his life in Hollywood, he has basically indicated he doesnt like the shallowness. If I understand him correctly, that is what is tatooed on his arm. What surprises me is he didnt just move out of LA into some quiet southern California suburbs instead of out of state.

I bet he keeps the LA condo as a crash pad regaurdless