Frankie Muniz in 'Danny Roane: First Time Director'

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Front Page Post

As most won't know Frankie Muniz guest stars in Danny Roane: First Time Director which he filmed more than a year ago. But it has only been shown in a few film festivals to date. However its coming to DVD on November 6th. You can see Frankie in the trailer below, but from what I can tell he only has a small role playing himself.

[See Front Page Post for Video]

Interestingly Andy Dick who stars and directs the film also directs Frankie's latest project Division III.

UPDATE:
Thanks to MalcolmFun see here.

Last edited:

MalcolmFun

I have to ask what is up with the comments on the front page being seperate from the message board? it is confusing. You should just link to here and eliminate those comments.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
There is normally a link to the forum saying "discuss in forum" at the end of every post.

However I havn't completely removed comments on the front page because not everyone is interested in signing up for a forum, and as i want to give the most options for people to comment/contribute i thinks its best that way.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Thanks TJ. I've never heard about this project before. It looks reasonably interesting, worth checking out anyway.

Last edited:

MalcolmFun

Here is the entire appearance of Frankie in that movie. To tie this in with another thread, notice Frankie has taken several cameos where the subject is making fun of arogant/out of control Hollywood. THe problem in this case is this is not 1/100 as amusing as being Cher's boyfriend and the rest of the movie really does not get any better.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b0Ax4ZgXTgw"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b0Ax4ZgXTgw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

yardgames

Retired Administrator
LOL yeah Frankie hasn't played someone other than himself for quite some time. Pretty soon the Frankie Muniz stereotype is gonna be the kid that always plays himself. I'm not entirely sure I understand the plot of the movie from this clip but it does look very stupid.

Nico21

I'm not entirely sure I understand the plot of the movie from this clip but it does look very stupid.
Same for me... At the begining it looks weird and we wonder what's going to happen, and then it looks just stupid! I hope this clip is not the commercial for the DVD or they won't sell any single one of it!

MalcolmFun

Actually this is true. According to IMDB he has 34 appearances as an "actor" but 55 where he appeared as "himself". This makes sense though since Malcolm only couts as 1 and every appearance on a talk show, interview, awards show or news show ect each couts seperately. I havent even seen half of that stuff. He was on TRL, Hollywood squares, MadTV, Punked, American Idol(?), the 2001 winter Olympics(what the?). He was on the Girls Next Door and a Playboy special hmm? He was on Arrested Development?missed that

AlexTheMartian

Actually this is true. According to IMDB he has 34 appearances as an "actor" but 55 where he appeared as "himself". This makes sense though since Malcolm only couts as 1 and every appearance on a talk show, interview, awards show or news show ect each couts seperately. I havent even seen half of that stuff. He was on TRL, Hollywood squares, MadTV, Punked, American Idol(?), the 2001 winter Olympics(what the?). He was on the Girls Next Door and a Playboy special hmm? He was on Arrested Development?missed that

except, i ment in movies. everythibng you named are tv shows that usually will have celebrities.

Playboy sometimes inteview celebrities age 18-21 about their love lives... that is probably how Frankie has a credit with that.

I seen the Punk'd episode, Frankie was actully the first celebrity to ever be punk'd. His rare expensive car was "stolen" at a restaurant. I saw it on YouTube. Frankie and Ashton are actually friends.

I think I seen him on TRL, he might have been on there more then once but i don't know

I also probably saw him on an episode of MadTV... and he probably was a host on SNL too.

lol, American Idol probably was a short random appeance... don't they have guest judges?

and probably same for 2001 winter Olympics. He probably was in the audiance and they had a short talk with him. that one was in Utah wasn't it?

Last edited: