Malcolm in the Middle on FX this Fall

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Front Page Post

<strong>September 10 from 12pm-8pm</strong>, FX (US) will launch the newly acquired sitcom <strong>Malcolm in the Middle</strong> with an <strong>8 hour marathon</strong>. The newly acquired series will air Monday-Friday in the daytime throughout the week....
The FX weekday schedule starts at 7am on the September 11 with back to back <strong>Malcolm in the Middle</strong>, followed by double shots of Dharma & Greg and Spin City. At 10am it will be the FX mid-morning movie. At noon we get a double take of Married with Children, followed by two episodes of King of the Hill, <strong>Malcolm in the Middle</strong>, King of the Hill, and That '70s Show. At 5pm a movie airs until 8pm, unless a movie is only 2 hours, then the movie starts at 6pm. If that is the case, then from 2-6pm we get an hour each of That '70s Show, <strong>Malcolm in the Middle</strong>, King of the Hill, and more That '70s Show....

Source: <a href="http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/2007/08/fx-fall-2007-schedule-malcolm-joins.html" title="Source" target="_blank">SitcomsOnline.com</a>

Ryebeach

Thanks for the info, TJ. An 8 hour marathon to start off? Awesome news! :)

I'm also hearing word that starting this fall some FOX affiliates will be taking off at least one and quite possibly both of their airings of MITM in syndication to make room for new show purchases. I'm currently in the process of trying to see what my local FOX affiliate will be doing. If they do cut down the number of episodes of MITM they air, I'm glad we'll have FX as another option. :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Personally, I would be surprised if they do that because as of last sweeps month, MITM rated the third highest for syndicated program, behind only Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and Wheel of Fortune. It seems like that would be a strong show for any station to have in its syndicated lineup.

Ryebeach

Personally, I would be surprised if they do that because as of last sweeps month, MITM rated the third highest for syndicated program, behind only Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and Wheel of Fortune. It seems like that would be a strong show for any station to have in its syndicated lineup.

Let's hope you're right, Sam. I'm still awaiting word on my local FOX affiliate's plan.

AlexTheMartian

Anyone know if the FX showings of MITM will have the cold openers?

Someone on the Celebrity Loop MITM board said FX was getting a different package than regular syndication package but they were not sure if that means these will have cold openers, but it was speculated that could be a possibility.

I would really love to see MITM episodes in their entirety.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
They took MITM off of syndication for me a long time ago. :( Probably about the same time that the show ended on Fox. So I haven't seen MITM air on the TV in forever! Luckily I have backup. That's awesome that FX is going to pick it up.

PBUNDY

Here are the episodes that are going to be shown during the Malcolm in the Middle marathon on Monday, September 10th on FX:

12:00pm Pilot
12:30pm Krelboyne Picnic
1:00pm Rollerskates
1:30pm Company Picnic (part 1)
2:00pm Company Picnic (part 2)
2:30pm Humilithon
3:00pm Family Reunion
3:30pm Grandma Sues
4:00pm If Boys Were Girls
4:30pm Baby (part 1)
5:00pm Baby (part 2)
5:30pm Reese Joins the Army (part 1)
6:00pm Reese Joins the Army (part 2)
6:30pm Reese Comes Home (part 3)
7:00pm Jessica Stays Over
7:30pm Graduation

rzombie1988

I'm glad to see mitm get 4 episodes a day, but I worry that Fx is not the right channel for mitm. It seems to target an older audience than what mitm gets. If it's popular enough, maybe Fx would renew it.

AlexTheMartian

I'm glad to see mitm get 4 episodes a day, but I worry that Fx is not the right channel for mitm. It seems to target an older audience than what mitm gets. If it's popular enough, maybe Fx would renew it.

Well FX is FOX's cable network, that is mainly why it is on that instead of another cable network.

And actually, some of the stuff done on that show I do not think would make this show a kids show, it seems to be at the least a teenager show, and FX's daytime is filled with a lot of shows just like this, like That 70s' Show and King of the Hill, so I think it will fit perfect!

I do not think the show would fit with FX's evening programs, but it does have a perfect fit with the daytime lineup.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
You know, that's an interesting point. FX is a very different demographic than Fox. But perhaps this could work in MITM's favor and actually make that slightly older demographic see the humor and intelligence in the show and make it more popular. For the young'uns, there's still (in most areas) the local syndication as well.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Hey guys! Im back..and for good. :thumbup1:

Anyways, whilst I am glad MITM is on FX, I am NOT glad that they show it at the worst times of the day. I mean, it comes on in the mornings (people at school/work), and the early afternoons (people still at school/work). So, so much for high ratings.