8th Season

MalcolmFun

There isn't much new to talk about since the show is ended, so what would have happened if the show didnt end? I think it is easy to conclude Graduation was a good natural end point since the show might have to change after that, but I think it could have continued with the show much the same:

Francis, as always obsessed with Lois, buys a house next door. Paima becomes Jamie's regular babysitter. Reese would have a job but still live at home since he cant afford to move out. All the main characters would still be right there.

The only thing that would change is Malcolm at college. With Francis and Piama always at the house, Malcolm would be flipped exactly into Francis role from seasons 1 and 2 at Marlin Academy. Always on the phone and being drawn "in the middle" of what is going despite being away. I see no reason this formula couldnt have worked for another 2-4 years, essentially just exchanging Malcolm and Francis. This actually might have been better then season 7 since by this time everyone looks to Malcolm to solve thier problems ,not Francis, and nobody calls him anymore like they did in the early years.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That's a very novel idea. We've had tons of conversations about an eighth season but I really like this scenario because it still has the whole family together which is definitely really cool. Great idea!

MalcolmFun

Would you still have it so that Lois would have a 6th child?

It could be another child or it could be a false alarm. I'm not sure that matters. The point is the main characters all still have a reason to be in the plot. I think this actually was a problem sometimes for Franicis in the last seasons as it was, but putting Malcolm in Francis' role from season 1 really solves it. It makes good sense that everyone in the family keeps calling Malcolm for help for one thing or another. I'm just sorry it will never be made:sad:

Amigo22

Super Moderator
That's a cool idea, MalcolmFun.

But yeah, you're right - it could be a false alarm, but with Hal and Lois's sex life, I doubt it :D

Today a radio station afternoon show were discussing, of all topics, home-made videos of couples 'in the bedroom' and I had visions of Hal and Lois from Seasons 1 and 2 :eek:

rzombie1988

Another season of MITM would have been really interesting, especially considering the events that came about in the last episode. Based on the last episode alone, they could make a ton of episodes.

You could do:
-Reese/Craig don't get along living together, or more wackyness between the two. Reese could maybe move out and try to live with Ida or something.
-Malcolm and his new problems at college. Malcolm being a janitor could do a storyline where he tries to get back at people making messes.
-Lois getting closer to catching Francis lying about him not having a job. That could be a story spanning many episodes.
-Francis getting involved in different things around the office. Francis is a rebel to authority, so the storylines pretty much write themselves.
-An episode where Piama/Lois bond because they are both pregnant(Was it ever stated that Piama was actually pregnant?)
-Dewey finally gets a girlfriend, among other big teenage events. Dewey could probably have more episodes based around him than anybody else.

The weaklinks would obviously be Jamie and the new kid. I don't think there is alot you could do with either honestly. If they both were about 5-8 years older you could have Dewey be their version of Francis. Other than that, I don't know because most of the new kid stuff has been done already.

One other issue they would have is that everybody is in different places. If they decided to skip to the summer, we could see more interactions with the family, but otherwise it would be super hard to jump from character to character. Especially since Malcolm is the main focus but he's at Harvard. Maybe Malcolm could get kicked out of school, to make things simpler, and then he could appear at home more by going to Community College instead.

Really one more season could have been ideal. They would have had no shortage of storylines obviously. If I ever get my chance to run my own tv network, MITM will be renewed.

Last edited:

jeremyjerm12

They defenitly could have made 1 more season.

Other episode ideas could be:

#1 Malcolm getting a girlfriend and eloping and having children. Lois call the college looking for Malcolm. She finds out he left school. Lois is on a hunt to find him.

#2 Reese steals a car and rams it into the house and the police are trying to find out who did it. Lois blaming Francis. Lois find out it was Reese and takes him to the police station. Reese spends 2 months in jail. He starts to work at the store with Lois to pay for the damages.

#3 Dewey goes around smashing windows in the neighborhood ( because of lack of attention). Malcolm catches Dewey smashing the school windows and Dewey bagges Malcolm not to rat him out.

I know these arn't the best ideas but, that's all I could think of so far.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Hmm, #1 would be interesting... kind of like 'Emancipation' was

EDIT: my 800th post - woohoo!!!