Frankie (Malcolm) Finishes 9th in Toronto

Nico21

That's a good position, but unfortunately this is not due to Frankie's performance... 12 of the 13 drivers ranked behind him had an accident and couldn't finish the race :mellow: !

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
That's a good position, but unfortunately this is not due to Frankie's performance... 12 of the 13 drivers ranked behind him had an accident and couldn't finish the race :mellow: !

So? He was racing in the same conditions - he had accidents in previous races that lead him to be further behind.

Nico21

I suppose that Frankie finished the track second-last....but at least he finished! :D
That's what I meant, Frankie managed to finish the race (which is already good since he only finished half of the races this season, moreover Toronto seems to be a difficult track, and it was raining), but his position at the end isn't the result of good laptimes, this is only because the others crashed !

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
We will see in Edmonton if he's made major improvements. We have to bear in mind he's been racing for 1-2 years where as people like Tom Sutherland (his team mate (18)) has been racing most of his life.

Nico21

We will see in Edmonton if he's made major improvements. We have to bear in mind he's been racing for 1-2 years where as people like Tom Sutherland (his team mate (18)) has been racing most of his life.
I totally agree with you on this point. this is only his second year of real racing, which is very little. Compared to the other drivers, he has a huge lack of experience, however he manages to be competitive, and not to finish last.
So he's not that bad !

But I don't think his Toronto ranking was mostly due to his skills on the track, as he only had to avoid crashing during an hour ! The 12 last drivers were not running so he only had to finish the race to get a good place !

Anyways this result is a good thing because he earns some points and improves his position in the general ranking (he's now 24th over 31 drivers, with 18 points).

here is the official ranking: http://www.champcaratlantic.com/Results/Standings.asp

Last edited:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
But winning isn't everything; he's having fun and that's important too. My worry is that he lets this destroy any chance of a career for himself in the future or worse that he gets seriously injured or killed.

MalcolmFun

Listen to the andpop interview in other thread - I think he really doesn't care about Hollywood anymore. Even if he stopped racing tomorrow I'm not convinced he would be running back to do auditions.

Anyway this experience is surely preparing him to get the future staring role in movie remakes/sequals of Speed, Herbie, Knight Rider, Talledega Nights, Fast and the Furious, Gone in Sixty Seconds, Mad Max and/or Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad world!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I wasn't thinking just acting. His mom said that if he worked till he was 17 he would have enough money to retire. The thing is, how much money does that assume he uses each year? He doesn't exactly live frugally, and I just meant that for survival he would need a real job sooner or later. I don't know maybe I'm wrong and he is set for life no matter how much he spends?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Gosh no! That is unheard of! The only people that have ever received $2 million per episode were the Friends gang during the final season and Ray Romano on the final season of Everybody Loves Raymond. For some reason $500,000 stands out for me as the magic number for Frankie, but I could be wrong there. It sounds like something Rye would know.

MalcolmFun

I don't know the number per episode but I think it comes to millions per season of Malcolm. remember they also get money for syndication which could go on a long time. Plus 8 million for staring in 2 codey banks movies + probably a couple more million for the rest of his movies where he wasnt billed as the solo lead.

If he actually calculated out a responsible budget to live on till he is 75 I don't know, but when asked he actually said point blank he never has to work again. I think there is a danger he could be wasting money on cars but it is hard to see how that would ruin him unless he is a lot dummer then he seems.

Actually Jane Kaczmarek gave an interview where she also said she didn't have to work anymore. I think it was on the Meagan Mullay show(cancelled)

Last edited:

Nico21

Back to the original topic of this thread, and the latest champ car race at San Jose yesterday where Frankie managed to finish 11th !

This is for me a much better result than his 9th place in Toronto, because this time there were no huge accidents during the race, a lot of pilots actually crossed the final line behind Frankie !
This is even better knowing that he started the race from the last position !

This good ranking makes him rise in the season standings, he's now 21st over 33 drivers, and 14th over 24 among the rookies, with 38 points.

This is a good improvement, now I can actually say 'congratulations Frankie!' as you previously did in this thread !

I can't wait for the next (and last) race at Elkhart Lake !

Watch the full results here: http://www.champcaratlantic.com/Results/SessionResults.asp?ID=659

Last edited:

MalcolmFun

The race announcers ussually don't talk about him since he is the back and obviously the camera focuses on the leaders, however in this case they made a note he moved up from the back and he got a bonus point for being the car that gained most spots.

It seems like he actually has good reactions and instincts in the race and what to do in relation to other cars on the field. At one point in this race you can see him dodge an out of control car. I think what he needs work on is sort of the technical aspects of you to get the lowest lap times even when there is no one in front of you as his don't match the leaders and he keeps qualifying in the back.