Why are the videos stretched?

xtxoxpxd

hi everyone,

just discovered this website, and its great! only thing is, why is it when i download the episodes that they are stretched? is it supposed to be like that?

thanks.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Welcome - glad you like the site.

Seasons 2 and 4 are in wide-screen format - so yes they are not square but the picture should not look "stretched". However season 3 has been converted to wide-screen so may look a little stretched but not in any way that will be very noticeable or effect viewing.

If there is stretching that makes the video look weird, then the problem is at your end. Play the files with http://www.videolan.org

xtxoxpxd

yes season 3 was the one i was talking about. is there any way to convert them back to normal without using a different media player?

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
What player are you using? They should not look that strange. How stretched is it?

If you know how change the aspect ratio.

xtxoxpxd

What player are you using? They should not look that strange. How stretched is it?

If you know how change the aspect ratio.
i'm using windows media player. they don't look REALLY stretched but it's obvious they are. it's 16:9 when its supposed to be 4:3. how do you just "change the aspect ratio"?