Malcolm Reckoning - Fan Original Epilogue

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Wow that is fantastic! I'm about a quarter in and literally laughing out loud at some of those old jokes! Thanks for sharing, I can't believe you found that gem!

I really really enjoyed that screenplay! I like reading the screenplays as much as I like watching the episodes and the one that was pointed out in this thread was AMAZING! It felt like watching a new episode to me! If anyone has any more of these hidden somewhere, reveal them! :)

Last edited:

Gouki

Hmmm. On the technical side of things it's pretty decent. They have an understanding of pacing, and screen writing structure.

On the other hand? The actual writing isn't so crash hot. Most of the jokes fall flat, and the characters aren't too in character for the most part. A lot of the situation are odd, and don't really keep inline with the pseudo-realism the show presented. Especially the baby names.

vching

Hmmm. On the technical side of things it's pretty decent. They have an understanding of pacing, and screen writing structure.

On the other hand? The actual writing isn't so crash hot. Most of the jokes fall flat, and the characters aren't too in character for the most part. A lot of the situation are odd, and don't really keep inline with the pseudo-realism the show presented. Especially the baby names.

well, nothing can ever live up to the actual MITM reputation after all, but I still think it was a good try... been going through hundreds of old MITM fan pages to find some of these...

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Yeah, I didn't love the baby names, but I actually thought the characters were in their own personality. That was one of the strengths for me; I was able to visualize each character saying and acting just what the screenplay said.

Murph

I have a 14 page episode of MITM I wrote when I was 9/10 upstairs. Basically, Malcolm becomes a lawyer, Craig forces Lois into a date, and Francis nearly bowls a Perfect game, wearing a pink dress.

MalcolmFun

vching

I have a 14 page episode of MITM I wrote when I was 9/10 upstairs. Basically, Malcolm becomes a lawyer, Craig forces Lois into a date, and Francis nearly bowls a Perfect game, wearing a pink dress.

you should share it with us!

Gouki

That is pretty funny and amusing but it doesnt strike me that it is actually in the style of a real Malcolm in the Middle episode. Some of the jokes are almost like a stand-up comedy routine.

Check out these. They are more in the form of actual episodes. They would take place immediately after Graduation. Hope you like I think they are pretty funny.

1http://boards.safesearching.com/showthread.php?t=60470

2http://boards.safesearching.com/showthread.php?t=61220

See, now they're not perfect, but much better than the "Epilogue".

D

Deleted member 1693

Hm... I think I'll start work on a script. Just to see how it will turn out.

MalcolmFun

I see multiple threads about fan-fiction and just wanted to comment. This isn't a knock on anyones writings I think it is great if people like the show enough to try. What I want to say is just that Malcolm in the Middle the absoloute most important thing is the personality, psychology and motivation of the characters. That is what the whole show is based on. If you just try to come up with some interesting story without nailing that part then your story will kind of fail as being authentic.