Life is Unfair! MitM moments you had?

Gouki

As I mentioned with the pen fighting, me and my brother fought over a pen (or something similar to a pen) a few a weeks back, after we'd had a couple of drinks. He's younger, but bigger, stronger and less intelligent. But I'm smaller, weaker and far more intelligent and sarcastic.

So, yeah, he grabbed me, after grabbing the pen (or remote, or it might have been a Wii remote) and kept tauning me "what are you gonna do about it? Huh what are you gonna do? You think your so good!", and so I punched him. To everyones shock. I didn't knock him to the ground but he stumbled back and tripped over the couch arm onto the couch. And my dads, I swear to god, "you can take your brother?" Well, it was also in front of a bunch of friends, so, yeah.

Then, a week later, I saw If Boys were Girls for the first time, and the scene was even more hilarious. I normally find it creepy when TV Mirrors my life, but this just proves my point Malcolm in the Middle is one of the most realistic protrayals of family to have existed.

hvg3akaek

hehe :D that is pretty cool...in a way ;) (not advocating violence here!)

i think that malcolm and co do the stuff that we wished we could have done, or had the guts to do. The biggest things I ever pulled were in the order of wrapping up a piece of a tissue with sticky tape around it, and pretending it was a tooth. And getting two dollars for it :p

yeah...not terribly outrageous.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, I once asked my mom how she already knows everything I'm good at, like Malcolm did in the episode where he gets a guitar but can't play. Does that count?

AlexTheMartian

Every time I am in the hospital with cuts I cause so much drama, that it causes other people in the waiting room to start saying that someone should see that kid quick. I think that is a MITM-like moment :p

Also, one time I had a celling fan installed in my bedroom, and my parents had me go up in our attic (being nothing but beams to crawl on, and the entire top of the ceiling with only insulation on it) and install it. The whole time I was up there I was screaming at my parents that I am doing the best I can, there was even a few times where I screamed "This is child abuse, call child services!" only because I wanted to make the heat and awkwardness of being up there to be more dramatical. I wasn't really serious about saying that. I think that is so a MITM moment.

Oh, and I just have to add the time when I was with my cousin Justin and he almost lit off a bunch of big fireworks inside his house while both out parents were out. To this day we still call it the day he almost lit the house on fire. While that might sound like a Reese moment, when I said my cousin Justin I don't mean Justin Berfield, but he has been the trouble maker in the family, like Reese has, lol.

MalcolmFun

If you recall in Zoo how Malcolm was a classic sullen teen and Dewey was an exuberant happy go lucky kid, I sort of lived through that with my cousin who is a few years younger.

There was this one time when I was a little kid and at a wedding with my family, I met my cousins and we were bored so we went exploring there was this really dangerous place where there was this thin rail thingy above a big drop, we could ahve just gone around via the hill, but we all kept on daring each other and then we all crossed it one by one. And it was scary. Really Scary. Does that count?

D

Deleted member 1693

Scene Mirrors.

There is probably a similar thread around here somewhere (lazy), but this one concerns times in your life that mirrored scenes in Malcolm in the Middle. In other words, have you ever felt that one of your life's problems or experiences could have ever fit right into an episode?

For example, most of us remember the episode Tiki Lounge. Well, my dad's friend, Allen, has had a similar place in his garage for years and years... With the bar, the same masks, lighting, music, and everything! Until recently, I thought it was just a random insane idea, but now I find that it was more than likely inspired by that episode! Pretty mind-blowing (haven't seen him for a while though).

What about you? Have you ever had pointless tussles with your brothers/friends? Have your parents ever acted just like Lois/Hal? I'd like to hear from ya.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Is he an MITM fan? That's neat that the show inspired him to do that.

BTW I took the liberty of merging this thread with the other one that you correctly supposed we had on this subject. I hope you don't mind. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1693

I had absolutely no idea he was a fan until now. I'd better go talk to him and possibly take pictures sometime!

EDIT: Of course I don't mind, Sam. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1693

Definitely! I'll try and schedule something with my father and Allen. I'll edit this post if anything occurs.

EDIT: I went! See the next post for pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:

punkygrl5

Awesome

Thats so cool. I've had a 'Forwards Backwards' thing with my brother, it never got as serious as Malcolm and Reese breaking each others limbs in those racing things.

D

Deleted member 1693

I've been waiting for a while, and finally Howard + Allen scheduled something with me! These pictures were taken a month or so ago. The guys tell me that it looks slightly different now due to some new fundings... But this is what I got for now. The lounge is called the "Crown Tiki". Take a look!

photos01.jpg

photos02.jpg

photos04.jpg

MalcolmFun

THat a cool picture....

and I thought of another one

Imagine members of your family in a long arugument. No one can agree. Finally, a stubborn person decides on a position that will end the argument and they say the line "I know you are right but I still don't agree with you!" What a great way to end an argument when you have no more facts on your side! THis reminds me of something Lois would say in a situation like "Traffic Ticket" when she was going on about being right and everyone else was wrong.

D

Deleted member 1693

No problem, guys! I still can't get over how awesome it is. Howard and Allen are geniuses.

MalcolmFun: Exactly. How are you supposed to respond to a comment like that?