World Premiere/Distribution news on Frankie Muniz' latest film "My Sexiest Year"

Ryebeach

World Premiere/Distribution news on Frankie Muniz' latest film "My Sexiest Year"

According to a festival screening schedule posted in Variety last week, it appears as though Frankie's final film that he completed before leaving acting for a racing career, My Sexiest Year, has been picked up by distributor THINKFilm and had its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival on May 22, 2007.

The producers and THINKFilm have yet to announce the acquisition so be on the lookout for a press release in the near future. No release date has been set.

Source: http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=cannes2007&jump=screenings&articleid=VR1117965543

Ryebeach

Didn't hear anything about Frankie Muniz's movie at the Cannes Festival...

Nor had I until this blurb in Variety. I know it wasn't a featured selection at the festival so I have no idea how or why it ended up premiering there. I don't know when they acquired the distribution rights so perhaps ThinkFILM brought it to the fest as a sort of last minute screening to get the word out about it. I don't have any other info at this time so we'll have to stay tuned.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Ill add as a Front Page Post tonite.

But yes its werid. We also didnt hear bout it till AFTER it had shown! It could be a mistake on Variety of course...

Ryebeach

But yes its werid. We also didnt hear bout it till AFTER it had shown! It could be a mistake on Variety of course...

I suppose it could be, although Variety is usually on the ball, especially with festival coverage. I'll make some inquiries and see if I can find out anything further.

Ryebeach

I have an e-mail into Variety about their posting on the festival page. They are checking into the authenticity of the screening.

I am also in the process of checking with THINKFilm. However, often there are confidentiality clauses in place for distributors and filmmakers with film acquisitions so I may not hear back from them until the studio issues a press release, if in fact, THINKFilm will be distributing this film.