Why did people think Malcolm was weird?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
As I was going through posts, someone (sorry, I forgot who!) made a very good point that Malcolm may have been doomed to his miserable life even before he was put into the Krelboyne class because as early as Pilot, he said people were calling him weird. What was so weird about Malcolm before it was discovered that he had an IQ of 165?

MalcolmFun

He never stopped talking, always complained, and insults people without even meaning to or realizing it. Also, even if you have a photographic memory you still have to read something once to learn it. There are shelves of books in the house and in one episodes he tells Dewey he already read him every book so he starts reading a huge dictionary. He was obviously a bookworm. I think that is basis of it.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Malcolm actually admitted in a few situations that HE was the problem. But despite knowing WHAT the problem was, he clearly had no idea HOW to go about changing his behaviour, so instead of focussing on solving the problem, he just continued making the situation worse.

D

Deleted member 1693

He just is weird. He's an alienating little creep who thinks he's too cool for school or anyone else for that matter. :D

Doctor person

"He never stopped talking, always complained, and insults people without even meaning to or realizing it."

Thats me in a nutshell, exept I don't insult people.... Unless i just don't realize it... But my IQ is still a few points under Malcolms'.

D

Deleted member 1693

I never start talking. But I make fun of people and insult them in my head. It's kind of a sick habit.

MalcolmFun

I never start talking. But I make fun of people and insult them in my head. It's kind of a sick habit.

I have to admit I am kind of the same. All the insults and complaints Malcolm says are the same types of things that go through my head. The difference is explained in The Bully. Because of Reese Maclolm never learned to shut his mouth! My thought process is just the same as Malcolm but in school I was just the opposite I was afraid people would beat me up if I said the sarcastic stuff I wanted to say so never said anything.