Updating the Episode Guide ON HOLD

ArtOfLosing

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how do I upload a summary/add a new episode? I can't seem to find any links allowing me to do so.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Its not a stupid question at all. The episode guide isnt editable by members. Its runs on quite old software - if you would like to add any of the missing summary's or add new info for existing ones post it here.

It would be great if anyone could do so.

I plan to to "tidy up" the episode guide this weekend. So if you have new info to add post it here and I will add it this weekend. :)

ArtOfLosing

Bomb Shelter

Great! Here's what I've got for episode #718 "Bomb Shelter".

Summary:

Lois and Hal take Malcolm to the mall to buy him new underwear when he sees a hot girl and follows her to a dancing class which, in an attempt to get closer to her, he immediately signs up for. He's a natural dancer and quickly moves his way up to the top of the class. When his instructor suggests that he partake in an upcoming competition, Malcolm chooses the hot girl as his partner and quickly finds out that she is an awful dancer. He decides to stick with her until she accidentally hurts her ankle and can no longer perform. Malcolm then partners up with a more skilled, albeit less attractive girl, Danielle, with whom he soon develops a crush on. Right before the competition begins, Danielle tells Malcolm that she likes him a lot even though she "never would have expected it". During their dance routine, Malcolm asks why that is and she explains that she has made mistakes in the past by only dating guys based solely on their looks. This upsets Malcolm who proceeds to argue about it and tells Danielle that she's "no prize either", effectively ruining the dance routine and their relationship.

While at the mall, Lois and Hal enter a contest to win a truck where the contestants must keep one hand touching the truck at all times until one person, the winner, remains. Hal is quickly disqualified and goes home. Lois uses her psychological skills to disqualify the other contestants until one lady remained who she couldn't break. Lois eventually pees her pants but wins the truck.

Since Lois is staying at the mall trying to win the truck, Hal must do all the work at home. During this time, Lois tells him to complete the "to-do list" which has piled up over the years. Reese and Dewey accidentally break one of Hal's most prized possesions and try to bury it in the backyard when they find an underground bomb shelter. Hal discovers his broken trophy so Reese and Dewey trap him in the shelter for fear of how angry he'll be. The boys decide to complete his to-do list so, when they finally let him out, there is no way he can be angry with them. Hal finds the bomb shelter quite enjoyable until he can't find an olive for his martini. He discovers a back door in the shelter and, while retrieving said olives, discovers his to-do list getting done. He sneaks back into the shelter and relaxes. Eventually Hal's and the boy's paths cross and they begin to argue when Lois comes home. They forget about the arguement and, instead, marvel at their new truck.

Cold Opener:

Dewey and Reese are trying to break each other's record of who can keep their tongue held against a lit lightbulb the longest.

Songs used in episode:

Malcolm dances with instructor/final dance routine: "Sway" performed by Michael Bublé
Hot girl hurts foot/new dance partner: "Big Time Operator" performed by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Opponent's dance number: "Cha Cha" performed by Chelo

*Whew*!:tongue: It took some time to find the right artist for "Sway" because hundreds have covered it. Hope this helps! I'll try and work on the remaining episodes later if no one else contributes them.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Brilliant!

Bomb Shelter
Malcolm's First & Last Dances
Sway (9)
Michael Buble (9)

Bomb Shelter
Malcom's Other Dances
Big time operator (9)
Big Bad VooDoo Daddy (9)

Bomb Shelter
Hal's Bomb Shelter Jazz
Take 5 (17)
Dave Brubeck (17)

Bomb Shelter
Cutoff Dude's Dance
Cha Cha (25)
Chelo (25)
http://home.earthlink.net/~bigfitz79/Malcolm_Music.html

Thats the best place for music in the episode :)

If you could do more that would be amazing!

ArtOfLosing

Stevie In The Hospital

Haha, well that link sure would have saved me a chunk of time. Oh well.

Episode 719 "Stevie In The Hospital"

Summary:

Hal wants to take Reese out to drive around his new toy boat but Reese isn't able to because he has to begin his new job as a telemarketer. Hal then asks Dewey who simply declines, and then Malcolm, who can't because he plans on visiting Stevie in the hospital. Lois enters the kitchen and Dewey asks her if she bought him the baking soda he needs for his science project. Lois forgot and tells Dewey, who is now angry after having asked her five times, to do what his brother did: take baby powder and blame the guy who brought the vinegar.

Hal decides to take Jamie to the park with him. Hal gets into an arguement with a little kid who claims they are sitting on "his bench" but Hal wins. The boy then takes his toy speed boat and runs over Hal's, sinking it.

Reese loves his new job. He is making sales left and right by using lies and trickery on the customers. His boss informs him of the sales contest that they have going on in which first prize is a flat screen TV and tells him if he keeps up the good work that he'll have a pretty good shot at winning. Reese's fellow employees are struggling to keep up with him. After one of them had been on the phone for thirty minutes with a customer and still hadn't made a sale, Reese steps in to show him how it's done only to find out that the customer plans on committing suicide. Reese eventually talks him through it, getting him to flush his pills down the drain - and then commands him to buy a dozen air purifiers. The rest of the employees groan and go back to their desks, with one of them telling the boss to "just give him the damn TV".

Malcolm's first attempt to visit Stevie is a failure when he "accidentally" takes a shuttle to the airport. His next attempt ends when he takes too much time deciding what gift to buy him in the gift shop and the visiting hours end. His third attempt is given up in favor of helping Hal with his boat problem.

Dewey, in spite, is messing with Lois and she knows it. He has been changing little things here and there, knowing it will drive her crazy. She eventually begins talking to Dewey, who she believes to be in her room somewhere hiding, and tells him that they should call a truce. She tells him to give her a sign if he agrees. She then hears two knocks from somewhere and, satisfied, leaves the room. The camera reveals that the knocks were coming from a tree hitting the window outside.

Malcolm convinces Hal to fight back and helps him equip his boat with some sort of weapon. The both of them go to park and wait for the boy to show up. Malcolm then tells Hal about how he hasn't visited Stevie yet. When asked why not, Malcolm explains that he and Stevie have always had a sort of unspoken agreement that Stevie is just a regular person and they have never really talked seriously about his illnesses. He says that it would be hard to pretend nothing's wrong when he sees him in the hospital hooked up to god-knows-what and that he wouldn't know what to say. Hal tells Malcolm not to think about it and sends him to visit Stevie. Then the boy shows up and proceeds to try and sink Hal's boat by removing both of it's pontoons and flipping it. Hal acts shocked at first and then opens the bottom of his to reveal a smaller rocket-like missile boat. He launches it and blows the kid's speed boat to pieces. The boy then crys while Hal laughs and onlookers are disgusted.

Malcolm enters Stevie's room and, clearly uncomfortable, chastises him for being in the hospital again. He tells him not to think he's there because he feels sorry for him, that he's glad he didn't die, and that he'll see him when he gets out. He then leaves only to quickly come back and throw Stevie a cookie and then leave again. Stevie turns to the patient next to him and says, "I told you he'd come" and then eats his cookie.

Cold Opener:

Lois tells Jamie to put his shoes on and holds them in front of him. Jamie starts yelling and runs away. Lois asks Reese what his problem is but he doesn't know. Then a flashback shows Reese showing Jamie how to tie his shoes with a twisted story that ends with the bunny being strangled.

Music:

Nothing that I could identify. A few instrumentals here and then but nothing that would be an artist-specific song.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I didnt update this weekend as I plan to completely redo the episode guide- which is a big job - I am working on it in my spare time.

ArtofLosing - you work is much appreciated and will be used when the new guide is up.

ArtOfLosing

No problem. I've been meaning to finish the other episodes but just haven't had the time lately. Well, here's 720 "Cattle Court":

Summary:

Reese, still working at the meatpacking plant, begins dating Carrie who is a vegetarian. To conceal the fact that he eats meat, but still get a way with doing it, Reese hides meat in various places in his meals and on his clothes. While enjoying a day at the park, Carrie takes Reese's bacon-filled hat and starts to run around with it so Reese will chase her. At the same time, dogs attack Reese for he is hiding porkchops in his pants. Carrie discovers Reese's secret. Reese trys to patch things up between them by attempting to make Carrie see how ridiculous being a vegetarian is, to no avail. He then has a bad dream where he is put on trial by a court made up of farm animals and is sentenced to be eaten. This changes his views and he takes Carrie to the meatpacking plant where he works and sets free all of the cattle. Carrie declares Reese a hero just before realizing that the cattle are heading toward the freeway.

Dewey takes Hal up on a "game night with dad" coupon that he's been saving and Hal, unable to find a way out of it, plays a "Life"-type board game after dinner. Hal loses, gets upset, and sends Dewey to bed with no dessert. The next day, Hal pulls Dewey out of school to play the game once more to try and prove that life doesn't always go your way. After Dewey wins again, Hal creates his own version of the board game that more closely resembles real life. That night, the two play the game into the morning with no sleep. Hal eventually wins and Dewey explains that he actually learned something about life and how the world really works, which is what Hal was trying to convey the whole time. Hal throws this in Dewey's face, declaring it "loser-talk", and dances around the table shouting "I won!".

Malcolm is grounded but plans on sneaking out to a concert Friday night while his mom works the late shift. However, Lois asks Craig to cover her shift that night because there is a Lifetime movie she wants to see and Craig eagerly agrees. Malcolm, his concert plans suddenly in jeopardy, trys to make Craig see how much Lois takes advantage of him and to get him to change his ways. Craig makes some lousy attempts to get back at Lois and then feels that she has "suffered enough". Malcolm tells Craig that Lois has absolutely no feelings for him and that he means nothing to her. Craig, feeling a little put off by this, quits his job at Lucky Aide, buys a motorcycle and plans to "fulfill his dream of eating a swedish pancake at every iHop in America". He then says he plans on paying for his meals by playing the Banjo and that the "kindness of strangers" should pay for the rest. After hearing this, Malcolm confesses to his mother what he's done and the two of them go after Craig and bring him back to his senses.

Cold Opener:

Lois catches Dewey bringing a mouse into the house and tells him to get rid of it. He agrees and takes the mouse to his room where he drops it into a dresser drawer where we discover that the mouse was only food for whatever Dewey was keeping in the drawer.

Music used:

No artist-specific music used.

Episode Note:

This episode was aired out of production order. You'll notice that Reese is still working at the meatpacking plant although, in an earlier episode, he gets a job as a telemarkerter. And Lois is still driving the van around even though she won a truck in an earlier episode. I believe the correct episode number for this would be 718? though I'm not positive.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Wow thanks again - you work is not going unnoticed :)

Episode Note:

This episode was aired out of production order. You'll notice that Reese is still working at the meatpacking plant although, in an earlier episode, he gets a job as a telemarkerter. And Lois is still driving the van around even though she won a truck in an earlier episode. I believe the correct episode number for this would be 718? though I'm not positive.

discussed here: http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1188&highlight=Cattle+Court

Basically you are correct- aired out of production for reasons unknown.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
They did that a couple of times. Stilts was supposed to be the S6 finale, for example. But the Cattle Court screw-up was the only one that dramatically affected the long-term plot.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Ok great news. The new episode guide, predictably called Episode Guide 2.0 :p has been coded and designed.

We dont have all the episodes yet, so it wont launch until then. Its current URL is http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/episode

When it launches it will move to /episodes.

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/episode/showproduct.php?product=1

Thats the pilot. The guide features a synopsis, air date, cold open, summary, guest stars, recurring cast, bloopers, trivia, music, transcripts, subtitles, link to episode gallery, [and in the future ability to watch/download]

Any "categories" of information that are missing do say. also any additions to pilot info do say.

Go ahead and write a review.

Site staff/admin/mods can "upload episodes" however please dont. I will create each episode, because I know the formatting.

Reviewing episode increases your post count for those interested :)

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
Episodes update: two songs identified

Episode 508 Block Party:

Kielbasa Contest #3 - Peanut Polka (Brave Combo)

(Initially I thought it was Three Weeks, but it's definitely Peanut Polka, a traditional tune arranged and played by Brave Combo - you know what it is with polkas, after a while they all sound the same ;-).)

Episode 611 Dewey's Opera:

Jamie Looking From Window 2 - "O, mio babbino caro" (oh my dear daddy) from Giacomo Puccini's opera 'Gianni Schicchi'.

Richard

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1693

Um, I'll get to the long synopsises eventually xD

Sorry about the delay.

smileyorilly

Just slashes

Nope it is nearly perfect except for /'s in the episode guide for the pilot sometimes instead of spaces. It would be much easier if the episode guide where an open community to edit, I say it could be easily done by the end of July with everyone pitching in, or get a team to help to do the episode guides.

Nope nothing needs to be added in the pilot I think anyways

Richiepiep

Administrator
The never ending development of the episode guide continues. I'm not going to say its gunna be finished any time soon, but I'm currently working on it.

Look at http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/episodes/showproduct.php?product=1

Do you see something missing? Some category that should be added? Something that could be better?

Feedback please :)

This really looks superb (apart from the usual HTML/SGML-character escape hassles already noted by someone else, apostrophes and ampersands that is). But these are easily overcome by experimenting.

It really looks very stylish graphically and exhaustive as far as content is concerned!! :D This does give us an extra edge over sites like TV.com which I now use all the time, for want of a better source from us.

I don't know to what extent we could just copy/have copied plots from other online sources (probably using original Fox outlines) like TV.com, IMDB or TV Guide as a starting point. I guess it's a bonus being original and more comprehensive!

My blessings for what they're worth :p,

Rich

P.S. As for the 'who came up with breaking the fourth wall' issue, those who want to nitpick can read my post in the 'Reese's Apartment' section. I'd like feedback on that (over there), because it's off topic here. It's just that I don't easily take things for granted. A mixed blessing - in disguise ;).

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2263

Last edited: