Reassuring DVD News

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I have some reassuring news about the DVD releases for seasons 2 thru 7. All of them are listed on Netflix now. Every last one of them. And they all have summaries and things. I search every few months and the last time I searched was October-ish. At that time, only season 1 was listed. Now, like I say, every season is listed out there. They all have summaries and things too. The release dates are still "unknown" but Netflix only lists discs that it will for sure carry at some point in the future. I don't know when but sooner or later it's going to happen. We just need to hang in there and be patient.

AlexTheMartian

YAY! that is enough proof for me ;D

I wonder what they did with the music issue? pick some different songs?

Haha on the topic of DVDs... yesterday I brought the new 1st season dvd of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends 8)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
So am I. It's not a guarantee but it's definitely a step in the right direction and it means at least they have enough to issue summaries and things like that. It's kinda funny because you can write reviews for movies at Netflix and all the MITM seasons are filled with reviews saying "This is the funniest show ever, sure hope it's released!"

Ryebeach

Hmm, interesting news Sam. Thanks for sharing. :) I haven't even heard a rumor lately about future seasons becoming available... I'll have to do some checking. If I can find out any new info, I'll let you know.

punkygrl5

Yes! It means I'll have to order them from Amazon (Season1 wasn't avalible in the UK). Thats great news, thanks!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I went out on a limb recently and bought all seven seasons of MITM on DVD. I've seen deals in the past that offer to do it but I was always wary of spending ~$150 to have it done when it was from an unknown company and I had no idea what I would be getting. There were a few things that differentiated my decision this time. First, it cost only $35, with shipping. Second, the site clearly answered and explained all of my questions, including how the episodes were acquired. Other sites that I have emailed about this didn't even have the courtesy to reply. Finally, the payment processor was third-party, which means I would have another company to fight if anything went wrong. It took a week and a half for the discs to get here from when I ordered them but they finally arrived and I was ecstatic.

At this point, I have managed to burn my own fairly decent collection, but it takes up a total of 35 discs. The discs they sent me totaled seven for all 151 episodes. Now most of them have pretty decent quality, but the actual files are the same torrents that many of us have become very used to. Seasons 2 and 3 are, of course, the iffyest, but these discs have the best quality of any of the torrent versions that I have seen.

Overall, I am very happy with my discs and with this company. Check it out at www.tvshowplanet.info. I will warn you that some people reported not receiving their order six months after they ordered it, which only added to my uncertainty, but I am glad I took this chance. I want to share the wealth so if you're not comfortable ordering from this company let's work something out. If you have a high speed Internet connection I can transfer the files to you over Tribalnet. If you want physical discs or don't want to download them and still don't want to order from that company or live outside of the US, I'll burn copies for you and send them to you and a completely nominal cost.

I figure seven discs * 1 dollar per disc = $7 for the physical discs. Then the jewel cases I order are also about $1 each. So that would total $14 for the physical discs plus any shipping that applies. I'll ship USPS, UPS, DHL, or FedEx; whichever you would like to pay for. :-D Of course, orders outside the US will be more expensive.

I can accept payment with either a check or for those of you that are as paranoid as me about ordering things online, I have a Paypal account. Let me know if you're interested. ;)

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
A couple of weeks ago a guy from the German MITM-board wrote that he had also tried to get dvds from this website.
He said that everything went well and the dvds were shipped but then were confiscated by the customs authority because
of copyright infringement. So better don't order them from outside the States ;D

Amigo22

Super Moderator
@ Sam - that's so awesome!

@ Dabney - my experience with eBay last year has put me off buying over the Internet.

qwerty

@yardgames- can you give me an idea of the size of each episode (in MB obviously), I would be interested to grab some episodes off you if the file size is small enough (I'm on a fairly limited Broadband bandwidth)

Cheers.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I haven't ripped any individually but they put the entire season onto one disc so simple math shows that they're approximately 200-300 MB a piece.

punkygrl5

I'm way to busy to do all that stuff (especially on a lousy wireless connection. Broadband mucked up - long story) so I'll just wait for the DVDs to be released. ;D thanx for offering us all!

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Let's keep hoping for the official DVDs from FOX.
And Sam, be careful about selling tv shows you have burned on DVD. From what I have read, you may be treading on illegal ground.
That being said(about it being most likely illegal), IM INTERESTED! ;D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
The site is tribalweb.net It helps when I have the right program name. ;-D @Tony theoretically if I'm not making a profit I'm not breaking a law. Still, if we get a lot of new members I will revoke the offer; I really want to keep it for the members that have been with us forever. Qwerty I will need your Tribalweb username after you've installed the app so I can add you to my web. I have some hard drive limitations so I can only do one season at a time. Any preference which one to do first?

@Tony now that you have DSL do you want to try TW again or do you want me to burn discs?

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I have all epsides in the best quality availble anywhere, downlaod tribal web and tell me your usename, ill add you and you should be able to download very good speeds.

qwerty

Hey thanks a lot guys. My username is QwertyPark. Is there any way that either of you can split the episodes up individually? Because downloading a whole season is just too much for my bandwidth.

Oh, and I was a member of the old VC (Primehunter1) so don't think i'm here just for the free eps :)