Cats ate her face?

Blinky

Why does Hal tell Francis about Aunt Helen's death "Cats ate her face. Dewey knows more about it than I do"? Is he just kidding around or am I missing something?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: cats ate her face?

Apparently as far as the Wilkersons are concerned, cats did eat Aunt Helen's face. Remember she was related to Lois, not to Hal or the boys (I mean, she was related to all of them, but she was Lois' aunt, so Lois knew her best) and no one but Lois particularly liked her. In fact, even Lois didn't really like her. Perhaps the whole cats ate her face thing was an inside joke that Hal and the boys created? I guess that's left up to the viewer to infer. Good question!

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

Yeah, it mustve been something the boys/Hal thought up. I don't think cats could eat an old woman's face....UNLESS...those "cats" were lions! ;D

punkygrl5

I thought they were serious, maybe the old lady looked like a pigeon or some thing, i don't know *feels stupid ???*

Alle

She probably died from something more mundane. And the her cats, no doubt, began gnawing at her face as she lay dead.

MalcolmFun

Ha! You guys are silly. There is nothing to indicate cats actually ate her face. Dewey is a kid, he makes up stories and is a manipulator. The joke is not that cats are her face. It is that Hal is so clueless and distracted he buys what Dewey tells him.

AlexTheMartian

Ha! You guys are silly. There is nothing to indicate cats actually ate her face. Dewey is a kid, he makes up stories and is a manipulator. The joke is not that cats are her face. It is that Hal is so clueless and distracted he buys what Dewey tells him.

Yeah, that is EXACTLY what my thought of the situation was :tongue: :D

Alle

We only go by what we know. Perhaps Dewey only learnt of a few minor details about her death, and embellished the story. The joke wasn't lost on me, personally. But theres no harm in talking about them.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator

I never really looked at it that way (i'm embarrassed :blushing:), but it makes perfect sense. Seems that I didn't get that joke then :tongue:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Maybe you're not thinking literally enough. :D I mean, Hal is clueless but was he really paying attention to what Dewey said on the phone, and is he really dumb to merely repeat back what Dewey told him?