PDA

View Full Version : So what do you watch now that MITM is done with?

rzombie1988
Jan 20, 2007, 11:02 AM
Is there any show(s) that you are into like you were MITM, now that it is done showing new episodes?

Ryebeach
Jan 20, 2007, 01:51 PM
No sitcoms other than Scrubs now and again at the moment but plenty of other shows:

ER
CSI:Miami
Desperate Housewives
LOST
The OC
Ugly Betty
Ghost Whisperer
Prison Break
Jericho
Brothers and Sisters
Cold Case

punkygrl5
Jan 20, 2007, 07:07 PM
Stil a few mitm epps I havent seen (a couple ov season 7 ones). Otherwise I'm gettin in2 Ugly Betty n Big Brother apart frm dat im ethier on the comp or practicin my guitar n Bebo.

Dabney
Jan 21, 2007, 06:59 AM
At the moment there are two sitcoms that I'm really crazy about, Scrubs and The War at Home.
But none of them can beat MITM...

By the way, as patrick4488 mentioned before, over here ORF broadcasts MITM again and again, so
we can (still) watch Malcolm nearly 7 days a week :)

NeCoHo
Jan 21, 2007, 07:57 AM
House?

That's the only show that I really look forward too every Tuesday... heh... Tuesday in 2 days...s

reese35
Jan 21, 2007, 12:11 PM
"Idol", some 24 every now and then, "Grey's Anatomy", some "OC" before the sun sets....

patrick4488
Jan 21, 2007, 02:06 PM
By the way, as patrick4488 mentioned before, over here ORF broadcasts MITM again and again, so
we can (still) watch Malcolm nearly 7 days a week :)

Yeah, sometimes (like today) we even have reruns on Sundays, so 7 days of MITM a week ;D

I also like the Simpsons, the OC, Scrubs, CSI:Miami etc...

But MITM is one of the unique shows (like the Simpsons and Scrubs) that you can watch again and again without getting bored.
That's not working with CSI for example...

reese35
Jan 21, 2007, 02:28 PM
Oh, and as Justin pointed out, House too. Hugh Laurie is a good actor, and plays a mean "sarcastist". (yeah, i just made that up! :P)

AlexTheMartian
Jan 21, 2007, 11:34 PM
Yeah, House and Numb3rs are the 2 dramas I look forward to each week. But I also am becoming a regular viewer of Smallville again, I missed a lot of the last few seasons but I'm coming back to it. Smallville and Malcolm in the Middle used to be the 2 shows I tried to never miss.

And as for comedies I am into The War At Home just as much as I was into MITM. But I've been kind of annoyed recently, becuase TWAH is on the same time as Smallville! Grrr.

Murph
Jan 23, 2007, 04:20 PM
My name is Earl
Two & a Half Men
King of Queens

Lots of sport, DVDs and Game Shows.

That will be all...for now.

NeCoHo
Jan 24, 2007, 05:27 AM
Mike, there are cynics, and jerks. That's about all you can call Dr. House... And to a degree, me, now that I'm censoring myself so virgin ears won't hear anything that disturbs thier sense that there is nothing wrong with anything... I hoped you followed...

Murph
Jan 25, 2007, 12:40 PM
On a slight side note, does anybody else here follow soccer?

NeCoHo
Jan 25, 2007, 01:42 PM
If follow you mean that I heard David Beckam just got signed to LA, then yes, otherwise, no.

tony_montana
Jan 26, 2007, 08:19 PM
On the soccer note real quick...I live in the South in the US, and you won't believe the soccer bashing that goes on around here. People here hate soccer with a vengence for some reason(guess Im weird since Im southern and I don't absolutely hate soccer ;D). I listen to "Sport New Radio" that's broadcast from Clemson, and during soccer season they get some of the most redneck, soccer hating callers you ever heard, asking "What in the (Expletive) does FIFA mean?!" ;D
Anyways back on the subject...I dont watch too much tv. Really all I watch is:
MITM reruns
Sanford and Son(sometimes)
Wrestling
That's about it as far as normal tv shows go. IMO, most tv today is trash(literally and morally), so I am really careful in what I watch(in my choice of movies as well).

AlexTheMartian
Jan 27, 2007, 02:54 AM
I am in Los Angeles, and there are a lot of mexicans here, so soccer is very popular umong them (i would say us, but im more white then i am hispanic, lol). But professional U.S. soccer is not popular, usually it is just people watching soccer happening in other countrie.

patrick4488
Jan 27, 2007, 11:12 AM
Soccer is pretty popular here in Europe.
Here it's as important as baseball, basketball or football in the US ;)

AlexTheMartian
Jan 28, 2007, 08:44 AM
oh, don't get me wrong, soccer (or whatever other name you want to use) is very popular in most other countries, actually most of the world except U.S. and Canada (they got their hockey, right?)

yardgames
Jan 28, 2007, 12:26 PM
It's football and baseball here in US--at least where I live. I pretty much hate all sports. My friend plays league soccer and that's the only team sport he likes to, so I'm not really exposed to it too often. Although my brother is addicted to any and all types of team sports--especially the ones where people get hurt. IDK, I just find sports boring. I don't mind individual sports like bowling or biking or something like that. But you don't watch those on TV, which means we're completely off-topic here. ;D

To get us back on track, I would mention that Survivor is the only show left from the reality craze a couple of years ago that I still watch. There were so many reality shows in like 2004 that there really were no other choices. I remember watching a couple eps of Who Wants to be a Millionaire, some rip on that with Dick Clark, Greed, Weakest Link, My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancee, The Apprentice, some boot camp show, Big Brother, The Mole....so many.

Now it's really just Idol, Amazing Race, and Survivor. I still find Survivor entertaining because it is so orginal. I've never watched the Amazing Race, mainly because I never got into it in the beginning. And I find Idol completely overrated--it is quite possibly the worst TV show. I don't understand why people watch it!

NeCoHo
Jan 29, 2007, 06:36 AM
Reguarding Idol, I find it fun to watch people hopes get crushed. That's just my thing. Once the auditions are over, I kinda watch just to see who wins, but really don't care if I miss an ep.

Murph
Jan 30, 2007, 04:32 PM
Soccer is pretty popular here in Europe.
Here it's as important as baseball, basketball or football in the US ;)

Hey, just wondering, do you support any particular team? Austrian League isn't doing too good at the minute in Europe, eh? Have they ever had a team representing them in the Champions Leage groupstage, yet? Didn't Austria Vienna do fairly well in the UEFA Cup a couple of years ago?

@Tony, lol, I thought it was just stereotyping that parts of America hated soccer, but the way you say "hate with a vengeance" really made me laugh. I honestly thought soccer was starting to grow in America.

tony_montana
Jan 30, 2007, 08:06 PM
Soccer is growing in the north, the west, the northwest, the northeast...anywhere and everywhere except here in the South. ;D

NeCoHo
Jan 31, 2007, 05:45 AM
Don't talk about the northeast... Everyone here is pretty much indifferent about soccer. Or that they hate it.

MalcolmReeseDewey
Feb 3, 2007, 11:45 PM
At the moment i'm into the O.C, friends, the fresh prince of bel air, laguna beach, newlyweds and suite life. I'll watch anything on MTV!

tony_montana
Feb 4, 2007, 12:15 PM
Ugh. I have MTV shows. How can you watch "Sweet 16" without wanting to badly punch those kids? ;D

AlexTheMartian
Feb 5, 2007, 12:30 AM
i hate teenage dramas, only time ill watch one if there is action, like Smallville, then it is in a seperate category, lol

Amigo22
May 8, 2007, 09:15 AM
Ugh. I have MTV shows. How can you watch "Sweet 16" without wanting to badly punch those kids? ;D

I'm not surprised... "Sweet 16"... that sounds soooo lame :ohmy:

Amigo22
May 8, 2007, 09:24 AM
My name is Earl
Two & a Half Men
King of Queens

I like Two and a Half Men too. I'm waiting for the next DVD to be released so I can get it. YouTube DID have some episodes including the current season, until the WB had them taken off :sad:

RaposaNegra
Jun 16, 2007, 12:51 PM
btw, is there any other show like MITM? (I know it's impossible but, similar) :p

Tyno
Jun 17, 2007, 01:35 PM
btw, is there any other show like MITM? (I know it's impossible but, similar) :p
Everybody Hates Chris. It's watchable, but sometimes it's kinda lame. I stopped watching in the middle of season 2.

tony_montana
Jun 17, 2007, 09:16 PM
I have gotten to the point where I don't watch any show on a regular basis anymore. Ive been reading more and more of the Bible and have seen just how bad most tv is, so I distance myself from alot of it (and I'm glad to do so). Goes the same for movies. The little tv I do watch is the news, some stuff on the History Channel and Discovery Channel, and a little on CourtTV. It doesn't come on tv anymore, but one show I DO watch a bit is a show I have on DVD called "Mystery Science Theater 3000". It's a pretty funny show!

hvg3akaek
Jun 18, 2007, 12:51 AM
There are a few other comedy shows I watch. Not saying they are better than MitM, but they are good enough to get me coming back.

Scrubs is a favourite.
My Name is Earl is also great.
How I Met Your Mother is good, but not as much as the above two.

Gouki
Jun 18, 2007, 03:48 AM
Uh, Scrubs. Yeah. And Heroes.

With Veronica Mars, Arrested Development, Farscape, Buffy, Angel, Malcolm in the Middle, Invader Zim, and the DCAU (Teen Titans and JLU) shows all ending within the past few years, that's all I watch.

And Family Guy when it's on. Otherwise? It's all DVDs.

yardgames
Jun 18, 2007, 09:46 PM
I don't watch too much. I'm still a Survivor fan and I've been into Kyle XY, but that's about it.

tjpeople
Jun 18, 2007, 09:54 PM
I don't watch too much. I'm still a Survivor fan and I've been into Kyle XY, but that's about it.

Kyle KY :laugh: (not sure how many people with get that)

Its really good, glad its back, not sure if this season is gunna be as good tho - we will see.

hvg3akaek
Jun 19, 2007, 12:58 AM
Uh, Scrubs. Yeah. And Heroes.

Oh, Heroes, most definitely! :) But I was going just for comedy stuff.

I also watch Lost, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who and Stargate Atlantis, but they are my sci-fi shows, not comedy ones :)

Master of Thunder
Jun 22, 2007, 08:01 AM
I watch Doctor Who, Heoroes, Simpsons, The Apprentice (just finished here in U.K), Grey's Anatomy, Eastenders (If you're in America you might not know about this), Hustle, Ugly Betty, Lost(Sesaon 3 just finished), Supernatural, Prison Break(Sometimes I miss some eps) and there's more but I can't think of them right now coz I gotta go coz I'm in uni....

Purity
Jun 22, 2007, 12:07 PM
I watch Prison Break, Weeds, Intervention, CSI, House, Degrassi, America's Next Top Model

I miss Malcolm!

RaposaNegra
Jun 22, 2007, 03:29 PM
I wish we had British and American channels in Portugal... we just have FOX Portugal, and Fox Life... and the rest are News Channels ... CNN, SKy News... blá blá...

It really sucks we have like 70 channels and they are all the same ... we actually have a Sailing Channel... who needs that? And.. Baby TV? Wtf is that for? :glare: lame portuguese TV companies!

RaposaNegra
Jun 23, 2007, 09:04 PM
I started watching this show that is kinda like MITM... well the story has nothing to do with it, but the humor... it's kinda similar... and the mother it's all stressed up like Lois ... it's called BIG DAY and it's all about a marriage..

You can watch it online here:

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/show.do/1/1451

But obviously it's not MITM :D

Wildcat
Jun 23, 2007, 11:57 PM
I saw an ep or two of Big Day back in the fall. I think it quickly got cancelled here in the states. It was pretty funny though from what I saw. The entire show was supposed to take place in 24 hours or something like that.

I haven't been watching too many comedies lately since there aren't really any good ones out there to watch. Good comedies are hard to come by these days. I like mostly dramas like CSI, Criminal Minds, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives and Ugly Betty (the latter two are semi-comedic). In the last few weeks I've gotten interesed in that new show for the summer - Traveler. I still watch Lost too, but lately I've started to lose interest.

Amigo22
Jun 27, 2007, 09:32 AM
At least you guys can/will be able to get the shows you like on DVD, because the US always gets the good shows out. :cursing:

yardgames
Jun 30, 2007, 03:17 PM
We don't know that with MITM yet; our prospects are looking pretty bleak.

Master of Thunder
Jul 12, 2007, 08:47 AM
Now that Mitm is finished, I watch .....many things. It depeneds what is on and what season of what has just finished or whatever.

ArtOfLosing
Jul 19, 2007, 02:05 PM
of shows still currently airing right now, I watch Scrubs, The Office and Weeds on a regular basis. I've seen a couple How I Met Your Mother's that were pretty funny and some that weren't, and I watch Family Guy when it's on even if it has gotten incredibly stale lately.

backfence
Jul 21, 2007, 07:18 PM
i still watch mitm every chance i get on fox but other shows i watch are basically king of the hill, a simpsons occasionally (not lately with the newer episodes), king of queens although it's over is still a nice laugh now and again and oz i watched religiously, nothing really can compare to mitm, looking back that is. :rockon: hal :punk:

alleyboy
Jul 24, 2007, 10:14 PM
CSI: Miami, Law & Order: SVU, The War at Home. But 4 the past couple of years back 2 back epps of MITM has been coming on here on CW/UPN every weekday at 5pm. Today the 1st half hour started w/the very 1st episode and when Stevie tilted over his wheelchair at the end I still managed to laugh as hard as I did the 1st time. :thumbup:

Murph
Aug 19, 2007, 04:30 PM
of shows still currently airing right now, I watch Scrubs, The Office and Weeds on a regular basis. I've seen a couple How I Met Your Mother's that were pretty funny and some that weren't, and I watch Family Guy when it's on even if it has gotten incredibly stale lately.

Very true. MacFarlane has turned it into his personal thoughts and beliefs, and put in way too many musicals, probably because he was vocal coached by the same people who coached Frank Sinatra.
American Dad!, on the other hand, has been far superior, probably because it seems MacFarlane is so occupied with Family Guy, he let's others run AmDad!, and it works.

yardgames
Aug 20, 2007, 07:14 PM
You know, now that I'm in college I don't even have a TV!

AlexTheMartian
Aug 25, 2007, 04:25 AM
Ok..... I replied to this like 3 or 4 times but I have never once actually stayed on topic :rolleyes:

Ok, well, after Malcolm in the Middle ended, the next series that I followed closely was The War At Home, which was sort of like MITM's replacement for FOX. I liked the show a lot but unfortunately it was canceled and will not be back this fall. I have season 1 on DVD and am patiently waiting for the season 2 DVD.

But, for this past 2 weeks, I got all seasons 1 & 2 of the Showtime show Weeds for my viewing pleasure on DVD, and I am telling you, I am absolutely hooked on this show now!!!!!!! Both seasons 1 & 2 I watched one after the other (it is that good), since it is all a continuing storyline. I even cached up with the Season 3 which is now airing (episode 3 of this season was aired this Monday) and now will be watching every new episode (online sadly, since I do not subscribe to Showtime)

I am so much in love with this show I even have the theme song on my iTunes. Funny thing since it is about a fictional Los Angeles suburb, and I have been living my entire life in the suburbs of Los Angeles :D :cool1: they represented suburban Los Angeles pretty accurately

tjpeople
Aug 25, 2007, 09:55 AM
Weeds is brilliant, it manages to be funny dramatic and thoughtful. It also stars Hunter Parish.:wub: Defo one of my favourite shows around.

War at Home was alright i watched it all and it was a shame it was cancelled but it wasnt that good, I liked how a mainstream FOX show addressed sexuality, and it was quite often funny, but only as a distraction.

AlexTheMartian
Aug 25, 2007, 05:32 PM
Weeds is brilliant, it manages to be funny dramatic and thoughtful. It also stars Hunter Parish.:wub: Defo one of my favourite shows around.

War at Home was alright i watched it all and it was a shame it was cancelled but it wasnt that good, I liked how a mainstream FOX show addressed sexuality, and it was quite often funny, but only as a distraction.

oh god, have you seen the video clips online? they are all on the Weeds website. this one is for a public access morning show in Agrestic completely ran by Shane. and lol, it has Andy saying some very funny things about Silas (Hunter Parish) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTwYTtMBEYE

tjpeople
Aug 26, 2007, 12:56 AM
OMG thanks, didnt know they where doing shorts, Silas was so cute in that.

AlexTheMartian
Aug 29, 2007, 01:18 PM
OMG thanks, didnt know they where doing shorts, Silas was so cute in that.

yeah if you go on the weeds website there is interviews and all this extra goodness, lol.

Dew_Fan
Nov 4, 2011, 04:51 PM
I watch Breaking Bad, Psych, Burn Notice, and Covert Affairs.

ivystar8
Nov 25, 2011, 04:02 PM
I still watch Malcolm in the Middle... thank God for Netflix!

Miblio
Nov 27, 2011, 05:13 PM
Doctor Who has got to be the greatest thing out there for me, right now. It's one of the few shows, like MITM, that gives me that great nostalgia feeling, even though I've only been watch them both for a few years. (: Bow-ties are cool.