MITM: Seventh Birthday

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
As some of you may know, Malcolm In the Middle turns seven next week(the 9th, to be exact). So this thread is just to talk about our favorites and everything in particular that has to do with the show(I mean anything, from favorite episode to favorite character to least favorite character to favorite plot, etc). If it's ok with Sam, maybe on the 9th we can make the "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MITM" thread or something. ;) :)
Ill start this off by saying some of my own favorites:

FAVORITE:
Episode- "Hal's Christmas Gift". This one beat out "Burning Man" as my favorite :)
Character- Hal(of course ;D)
Secondary Character- One and only tie between Commadant Spangler and Craig ;D
Plot- The whole "Im coming, Lois!" scene of Hal trying to reach Lois in "Baby part 2"
Scene- My all time favorite scene is the Hal/the boys fighting the clowns in "Lois's Birthday" ;D

LEAST FAVORITE:
Episode- "Day Care". Those of you from the old VC will maybe remember the reasons.
Character- Of all the main characters, I don't have a least favorite; I like them all :)
Secondary Character- Lavernia; couldn't stand her!
Plot- Malcolm's in "Morp". Whilst I like the episode, I think they couldve done more(like inclusion of the krelboynes)
Scene- The final scene since it ended the show :(

So that's that! We can go in depth with this and include details(which I might do later on with my own choices). :) And happy 7th pre-birthday to Malcolm in The Middle!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
You go right ahead with the birthday thread Tony. :D. I can't believe the original Pilot episode aired seven years ago already! The Pilot was so original, unique, and memorable. It started the saga of a long, but great, road of MITM memories.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Thanks for the go ahead! That thread will be posted next week on the ninth, Malcolm in the Middle's seventh birthday! :)
And Sam, why don't you list your favorites here like I did? ;)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
We've had tons of threads to talk about our favorites and I've said tons of times I could never choose. ;D So seeing it's the Pilot that's seven years old, I just kinda started reminiscing. You know, I didn't even actuallys ee that ep till sometime during season 3 or 4? At the time I didn't realize that the first episode of a show is called the Pilot; I actually expected it to have something to do with flying!

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Lol, when I was younger I never got why the first episode of a new show was called a pilot! ;D And just for the sake of discussion, what if the first episode of MITM(Pilot) DID have something to do with flying? That woulda been funny! ;D

reese35

Pilot..flying! l0l

Anyways, yeah, the pilot does have 25 minutes of footage, whereas the Fox version has 22-23, and the syndicated version has 20-21 minutes. That's a hella big loss! Deleted scenes, deleted dialogue, deleted cold opener (syndicated version). All we can do is cross our fingers and hope FX will show the extended cut.

AlexTheMartian

reese35 said:
Pilot..flying! l0l

Anyways, yeah, the pilot does have 25 minutes of footage, whereas the Fox version has 22-23, and the syndicated version has 20-21 minutes. That's a hella big loss! Deleted scenes, deleted dialogue, deleted cold opener (syndicated version). All we can do is cross our fingers and hope FX will show the extended cut.

in syndication they deleted the Lois shaving Hal's back as he reads the newspaper and the kids eat breakfast??? lol, that scene pretty much sums up the whole series!

reese35

No, they left that scene, same as the Fox version. In syndication, the show begins at that kitchen scene.

AlexTheMartian

ohhhhh i remember that now. well the last time i did see the complete pilot when it was actually new in 2000, lol, so its no surprise I forgot it. But now i remember it.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I have season 1 on dvd, but I don't watch it too often. Oh, and I wanted to ask...have they made recordable UMD discs yet where you can record stuff on them(like a recordable DVD)? Im asking because Id love to have some MITM episodes to watch on my PSP. ;D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I don't believe so. Granted I'm not real familiar with the PSP but doesn't it either accept Memory Stick or some other memory card format or have a hard drive that you can just transfer videos to?

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Yeah, it has a small memory "stick"(I prefer card ;D) which holds around 475 MB of info(could be videos, music files, saved games). So I think I could put an episode onto it, I just need a USB cable to hook my PSP up to my computer...and I don't have that right now.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Alex, I don't think that's too tough. They just need to be converted to MPEG-4 format. @Tony a USB is like $10--I'm sure you can afford that! Or go buy a printer or something; they always come with cables.

AlexTheMartian

yardgames said:
Alex, I don't think that's too tough. They just need to be converted to MPEG-4 format. @Tony a USB is like $10--I'm sure you can afford that! Or go buy a printer or something; they always come with cables.

i know how to add stuff to my ipod, i have 30 music videos, and 3 full length movies on mine. I just thought that i should also put MITM episodes on it, lol

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I'm ready! I am going to have to make sure to watch a couple of episodes. As far as cooking out, well it's cold in WI so it won't happen.