Game Ideas

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
This is a thread for talking about game ideas and such(the title is pretty much self explanatory).
I have one cool idea, but I don't know if we can do it or not. The idea is that one of us uses that flash program(or something) and get pictures of MITM and make little "cards" that are turned over and play a "memory" game(clicking to turn over a "card" on it's face side and trying to find it's copy in the other turned over cards). I guess you guys know what Im talking about....if you don't get it, Ill try explaining it again. ;D
But could someone make a game like that(by someone I mean Mike or Sam)? :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Ah...crap. Maybe Sam or Rye do, though!
Another idea I had was we could do a "I spy" type of game, for instance: "I spy....black hair!" and we can say who we think you are talking about(of course, they have to be MITM related so it must relate to a character/something in an episode). Get what I mean? :)

Ryebeach

Both great ideas Tony! :) Unfortunately, I don't know how to design with Flash but it would be a fun game though.

The 2nd idea is an original game too. Could be a tough one though as there's probably a lot of possibilities for each clue but I'm up for a challenge. They should be fun. ;D

reese35

Here's another idea - since MitM has been known for using songs for select scenes, we should do a music game where any question could be about a song featured in a select eppy. For example -

Q: Which group was responsible for the MitM theme song and the music scoring for the first two seasons?
A: They Might Be Giants

Which song was used in the first eppy and the second season eppy "Convention?
(A) Better Days by Citizen King
(B) The Rubberband Man by the Spinners
(C) Under the Influence by Citizen King
(D) Pencil Rain by TMBG

I'll let you guys try out this one --
Which eppy of the first season is the only episode that has a difference in music selection? (In other words, which is the only first season eppy that has two different songs for one scene?)
(A) Pilot
(B) Red Dress
(C) Water Park
(D) Cheerleader

yardgames

Retired Administrator
All very good ideas--games are fun! I think the I-spy game sounds like a lot of fun, but there's no reason why we can't get all of them going. I don't know how to design anything in Flash, but perhaps there's some sort of program on the Net that will do it for us? There was that one site that made quizzes we used a while back, I think.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
@Sam- Im all for getting the other games going!

@Mike- Hmm.....Ill have to get back on that one. I might have to watch those episodes to find the answer(which doesn't bother me!). :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Whattya mean they are both too tough for you?! In the "I Spy" game, you answered the first one right and you put in a pretty hard one next! ;D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I have a new game idea that I think would be pretty fun!
It's "Hangman: The MITM Version"! It's like playing hangman but with MITM related stuff, such as:

_ _ _ _ _ Each line represents a letter(you know this if you played hangman before), and people try to pick letters....look, I shouldn't have to explain this! Im sure we've all played hangman before! ;D Anyways, at the start, you say something like: "This is a character on the show", and you put the lines according to what letters are in that characters name: _ _ _ _ _ And we play the game! We'll put a limit, like five tries and that's hangman, and the person who posted the unsolved one gets to go again. Whoever solves it has the next turn(of course).
....Hope I was pretty clear. ;D Sound fun?

Ryebeach

tony_montana said:
I have a new game idea that I think would be pretty fun!
It's "Hangman: The MITM Version"! It's like playing hangman but with MITM related stuff, such as:

_ _ _ _ _ Each line represents a letter(you know this if you played hangman before), and people try to pick letters....look, I shouldn't have to explain this! Im sure we've all played hangman before! ;D Anyways, at the start, you say something like: "This is a character on the show", and you put the lines according to what letters are in that characters name: _ _ _ _ _ And we play the game! We'll put a limit, like five tries and that's hangman, and the person who posted the unsolved one gets to go again. Whoever solves it has the next turn(of course).
....Hope I was pretty clear. ;D Sound fun?
Sounds like fun! :) Quick question though: So, we'd pick a letter and after the game starter answers, we'd get to pick another letter right away? After 5 chances (or whatever amount is decided upon), that's hangman?

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Ay....something like that. ;D Lol, this is so hard to explain! Like if I start it, Ill say, "this is a MITM character" and Ill put the lines for each letter of that character's name _ _ _ _ _ like so and then you guys have to guess and try to pick the right letters.
Did I answer your question or just repeat myself? ;D