That 70's Show

reese35

Anyone here watch it? I was about to have a personal vendetta against it because it gained more goodbye attention than MitM, but it's actually very funny indeed, especially the eppy I watched yesterday when Eric (Topher Grace) caught his parents Red (Kurtwood Smith) and Kitty (Debra Jo Rupp) doing you-know-what. :eek: (CLOSE-UP ON THE TERRIFIED KID TIME! ;D) That eppy had me laughing out loud like never before. However, MitM will always be my favorite. ;D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Kudos about MITM. And like you, I harbour a little ill will towards the show for getting more goodbye fanfare than MITM did...but then again, I think that's FOX's fault, not T7S. Anyways, T7S was never a big fav. of mine, but it's ok. Red was the funniest of all :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I never this big thing about Fez. To be honest, I always, found Fez to be very annoying(I mean, Malcolm was too...but not near as much as Fez). And the way Fez acted just got on my nerves.

reese35

Must be the accent. :p I wouldn't know if the show went to hell after Topher left and Ashton was dropped to recurring (I didn't watch it that long), but then again, it wouldn't've been canceled otherwise. ;)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I think that's the reason it didn't last, because Topher Grace was, IMO, the glue who held the show together, and Ashton was one of the most popular characters, so after they loose them, it just tanked.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Season one was strange....well, they are ALL strange ;D , but season one more so because the characters hadn't developed to what they would later be and the plots were just...I can't really explain it. I guess every first season of every show is like that(except MITM. Besides the boys growing up, most things were the same).

reese35

Well, yeah, every show was the same. Awkwardness. But over time, I guess it fit in with our culture. MitM however, it fit in kinda fast! :p

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
MITM, to me, was "the Seinfeld of the 2000's", since most shows were about something, but then again, about nothing(what I mean by that is all the stories had to do with the life of this family, like Seinfeld).
I sure hope no one minds me comparing MITM and Seinfeld. ;D

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
reese35 said:
I got season one on DVD today. So far, the eppies are a blast. ;D ;D

I bought season one a month ago. Fantastic show. My favorite character is probably Hyde, he's just cool. And he's got
a very nice mum, too ;D