Hey, peeps, welcome back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reese35

Hey, guys. Reese35 is Everywhere, for the first time in a hella long while. Here's what I know about the VC's future from an e-mail from Sam (yardgames) -

The latest I've heard is that TJ has given up trying to restore it
because he has a version of vB that is different from what David had
and since the DB is at least partly corrupt, he can't restore it with
his version and he can't find the version David had. David was gonna
try restoring it once more over Christmas, but if that fails as it
probably will, that's pretty much the end. I did set up a forum on my
server at www.www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum if you wanted to take a look but I
obviously haven't done much with it. I gave Tony and Christina admin
access so they could work on it but they haven't done much either. So
there it stands, empty as the the sky on a cloudy night.

So, yeah... But that doesn't mean that we can't move forward. Let's start anew, create more posts, bring new life to the most popular place to talk about Malcolm in the Middle! I'll create some old threads that we were engaging before we shut down, huh? BTW, spread the word, reregister, anything! The new address, BTW, is...

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/index.php

Here's to life anew!

Mike (reese35)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Here here, Mike! :)
As our esteemed collegue(is that how you spell that?) Sam pointed out, Christina and I have admin access, and we haven't done that much as far as layout is concerned.
But that's the problem.
I don't know about Christina, but most you guys know that Im, for the most part, technically inept, meaning Im not too good at all that code crap you have to do to make the images and backgrounds and so forth. I try to do things simple...like seeing a picture, doing copy/paste, and Im done. ;D Unfortunatly, that doesn't work when designing a webpage(or so I believe). So...that's why I haven't done anything as far as designing. It's because, quite simply, I don't know how to. :-[
BUT, if one of you guys is willing to go into a IM chat or email, I could learn how... ;)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
At this point, I'm pretty much giving admin access to anyone who wants it. It's not like anyone can mess up a forum that's still essentially empty. Nonetheless, if we do manage to get things going again, I'll try and find a better looking skin and redo this with the VC layout rather than having SMF logos everywhere. ;D And David's tragic downfall was a lack of backing up so I will try and do a better job of that as well. ;D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Im all for rebuilding everything to it's glorious stature, but Im just afraid I won't be too much help since I don't know html coding and all that computer garbage. ;D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Like checkboxes. Like an option says Enable X feature and you click the box in front of it to enable that feature X.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Lol, Im a white southrener and I hate country music. Go figure. ;D
Off topic, I wonder.....if Jimi Hendrix was still alive, would he get into rap or stick to rock?

reese35

l0l I doubt that Jimi would go rap - he established yet another rock following. Besides, like I say, "if it ain't broke, why fix it"? ;)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I use the term "Dont fix what's already broken" if Im feeling lazy about something. ;D
But it'd be funny to hear Jimi rap, IMO. Oh, and you said you didn't like rap, but do you like country(I hope not)? ;D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Well...she ain't exactly country per se, so....she doesn't count. Which is a good thing. Since country music sucks. ;D

reese35

No, Eminem didn't do the remix, it was done by Bizarre, DJ Quik, and E.S. Posthumus (original composer of the theme). It's called "Rise to Glory".

Status
Not open for further replies.