New film role for Christopher Masterson?

Ryebeach

Two new film roles for Christopher Masterson?

Perhaps. :) As this article states, it looks as though Chris Masterson could be coming to the big screen sometime in 2007. A new comedy co-starring Shelley Long is in the works. The film is entitled "The Boy Who Couldn't Say No," and the plot is along the lines of The 40 year old Virgin combined with HBO's popular (and very good, btw) series, Big Love.

You can read the article with a little more info here: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Shelley-Long-Plans-A-Mormon-Comeback-3319.html

Also. looks like Christopher has yet another film role in the works in addition to the aforementioned, The Boy Who Couldn't Say No.

According to IMDB, he's playing the lead role in the film, The Art of Travel, a new adventure currently filming. No release date has been set.

Here's the plot synopsis:

High school grad. Conner Layne is about to marry his first love, but when wedding plans fail, he goes solo on his honeymoon to Central America, finding adventure with a ragtag group of foreigners who attempt to cross the Darien Gap in record time.

Source: http://imdb.com/title/tt0448993/

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Thanks for the news Rye. Sounds like it could be interesting. Any word on how his other movie did--intellectual property? I never really heard much about it.

Ryebeach

Wildcat said:
Thanks for the news Rye. Sounds like it could be interesting. Any word on how his other movie did--intellectual property? I never really heard much about it.
Nothing yet on Intellectual Property. It was screened at a few small festivals this year but no wide release has occured or is planned as far as I can tell. I don't think the film has secured a distributor for theaters or for DVD at this point. I really like the trailer and premise sounds intriguing so I hope to see it someday soon.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Lol, this movie sounds pretty...unusual to say the least, but it sounds fun.:)
Speaking of Chris's movies, does anyone have news on that independant movie he is supposed to be doing(the neat one about the Cold War)?

Ryebeach

tony_montana said:
Speaking of Chris's movies, does anyone have news on that independant movie he is supposed to be doing(the neat one about the Cold War)?
That's Intellectual Property and I haven't heard any new info on that film as of yet. If I do though, I'll be sure to post about it on the boards. :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Now I know who Shelly Long is. I didn't before reading that article, how young am I! :D

The film's premise sounds intriguing, but it needs a new name. I'm sorry, but The Boy Who Couldn't Say No sounds like a child's cartoon or something. So it's just speculation that Chris could be involved; should be interesting to see how things unravel.

Ryebeach

yardgames said:
So it's just speculation that Chris could be involved; should be interesting to see how things unravel.
Yep, I think it's still just speculation on Chris' involvement with this project. I'll keep an eye out for any confirmation I can come across. But his involvement in The Art of Travel is confirmed. It's currently filming and (should) be out in 2007. :)

Ryebeach

yardgames said:
I haven't heard about this film, what's it about?
The Art of Travel:

Plot synopsis - High school grad. Conner Layne is about to marry his first love, but when wedding plans fail, he goes solo on his honeymoon to Central America, finding adventure with a ragtag group of foreigners who attempt to cross the Darien Gap in record time.

Christopher plays Conner Layne. Sounds interesting. :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Oh that was that film. We talked about it in this thread. Sorry about that. I didn't understand which plot went with which film. :D Thanks Rye. :D