How was Craig hurt?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I just watched the episode "Monkey," in which Craig is in a body cast. I always thought he got hurt when he fell off the roof of his house because Malcolm had run away to go home as soon as he saw Reese was on TV in the car chase and in the process had inadvertantly tapped the ladder and while Craig was getting onto it. But in the episode, Craig made reference to Lois' "son's dog chased me out into traffic," I assume an allusion to "Dewey's Dog."

So, does anyone have any thoughts on the situation?

Murph

Hmmmm, I can see Craig having to wear a bodycast due to saying something insulting at comicbook fest about a comic book which had loyal, and angry fans.

PBUNDY

I believe that Craig was in the body cast because Dewey's dog chased him out into traffic when Reese, Malcolm and Craig were all dressed up in women's clothing. I'm sure when Craig fell off the roof it hurt too.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I agree with PBundy. Dewey's Dog took place after Reese Drives so that's probably how he ended up in the cast. Especially since he mentioned a dog chasing him into traffic. It was when Malcolm and Reese told Craig that were all going to run in different directions because Marshmallow couldn't chase all of them at once, then when it was time to run Malcolm and Reese stood still and Marshmallow ran after Craig.

Didn't poor Jellybean end up in a body cast after the Reese Drives incident where Craig fell off the roof (on top of him)?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
But I thought Craig couldn't even talk after his fall, because Hal thought one blink meant yes except two blinks meant yes or the other way around? So he recovered from that and then was chased into traffic and chose to hire a monkey??

The quick recovery and re-injury just add to the humor, I think, and it definitely justifies Lois's claim in Christmas Trees that every time he and the Wilkerson family interact, he ends up getting hurt. Poor Craig...:(

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I honestly don't know how Craig got hurt, but it was most likely due to "Marshmellow" chasing him in traffic.:D
And Craig usually is hurt everytime him and the Wilkersons interact. Actually, he's usually hurt emotionally when him and Lois interact.
I like Craig, though. He's one of the best supporting characters from the whole show(him, Spangler, Herkabe, Stevie, and Eric are my personal favorites).:)

cadetspangler

Well, I found out from a synopsis that he was hurt thanks to Marshmallow in Dewey's dog (oh, another cross episode reference! :D), but I saw "Monkey" before I saw it.

Craig's roof injury in "Reese Drives" was completely unknown to me until I saw the episode. It was a bit of a surprise to me since he hadn't been injured in any of the other pre-"Dewey's Dog" eps and you wouldn't think they would put such a major injury so close to that ep...it creates confusion...

What I'm confused about is that Monkey chronologically comes before Deweys dog, making the line about MArshmasllow chasing him into the street pointless. It's possible they originally intended it to be from the roof injury, but that makes no sense either, seeing as Reese Drives is set BEFORE "Reese's Job" and "Lois' Makeover", both during which Craig is uninjured.

For reference, here are the production codes from Wikipedia

Reese's Job-310
Lois' Makeover-311
Reese Drives-309
Dewey's Dog-318
Monkey-315

Mind you, some of these production codes seem to make no sense. Monkey, in which Francis gets fired, was filmed mid-season, and Charity, during which Francis gets to Alaska, was produced before Book Club and Malcolm's Girlfriend, . I suppose the Alaska scenes were filmed for different episodes.

But look at the season 4 production codes...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Malcolm_in_the_Middle_episodes#Season_3_.282001.2

I'm guessing these shouldn't be trusted to be the "true chronological order".