Reese's speech

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
We have talked about Lois's many speeches on MITM throughout the many different episodes, we have talked about Malcolm's little speeches throughout the show(like on "Graduation"), but to my knowledge, we have NEVER talked about one of the best speeches, however short, that was on MITM...
That being Reese's speech on the episode "Billboard", when him, Dewey, and Malcolm are being taken down and he gives his speech about real women. One of Reese's shining moments that is usually overlooked, in my opinion. It showed that Reese isn't stupid at all, and that he has a heart.:) What did you guys think about it?

Murph

Yeah, I think they should that Reese could actually FEEL things in that episode in partivular, and that he does learn moral lessons. And on that episode, when Lois is thinking of punishments at the end, and turns to Reese to say "And you...I haven't decided yet", does that mean a lesser punishment, or just needs more time to think?

Malcoholic

As often happens with Reese, the speech is both sentimental and comical: it shows that very deep down, he has a good heart and wishes he could stop being so insensitive; and it also pokes fun at the clumsy way he words his ideas: "Women, real women, are no different from regular people." And "If I were real, I would want people to listen to me."

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
That actually is true, and part of MITM's strength...to take a serious issue like that, make a good plot out of it, and keep it funny but inspiring and thoughtful.:)