Creative Arts Emmy Award Winners Announced

Ryebeach

The Creative Arts Emmy Awards Ceremony was held last night, August 19th. This event is for all technical awards and also for guest actor and actress in television programs. For these awards, MITM was up for 2 Emmy's. One for Oustanding Choreography and the other for Cloris Leachman as guest actress in a Comedy Series.

Cloris Leachman did win the Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Television Series.

This is Cloris Leachman's eight emmy award, which is the most ever won by a single actress.

Congratulations Cloris! :)

Unfortunately, MITM did not win the Emmy for Outstanding Choreography.

This awards presentation will be televised on Saturday, August 26th at 8pm on the E! network.

You can read an article announcing some of the winners and Cloris' reaction to her milestone emmy award here: http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=1223012006 - Scroll down about halfway to see her comments.

The rest of the Emmy Awards will be announced next Sunday, August 27th at 8pm on NBC.

MITM is up for 2 Emmy's next Sunday.

Jane Kaczmarek for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series and Bryan Cranston for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series.

Best of luck to Jane and Bryan next weekend! :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That's great for Cloris! Congratulations to her! I always thought all the Emmys were done at one time--did they finally decide that the ceremony got too long? :)

I really hope Bryan and Jane win--it is long overdue. Best of luck to them.

Ryebeach

yardgames said:
I always thought all the Emmys were done at one time--did they finally decide that the ceremony got too long? :)
For the past few years they have split them up into two seperate events, the Creative Arts Emmy Awards and the regular Emmy Awards. :) I think they did this because, as you mention, the ceremony was just too long. Even with just the acting and show awards given out at the regular emmy awards, the show can still be quite long...

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I despise Ida, but I like Cloris. She's a great actress. Two thumbs up for her big win!:)
Now let's keep our fingers crossed and pray that Bryan and Jane will get their very long overdue emmy wins.:)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I don't know if this has been answered before, but how many times has Bryan been nominated(and for what emmys)?

Ryebeach

tony_montana said:
I don't know if this has been answered before, but how many times has Bryan been nominated(and for what emmys)?
I believe this is his 3rd emmy nomination. :) He was nominated twice before, in 2002 and 2003. All of his nominiations have been in the supporting actor category.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
How is that possible that he's only been nominated for the supporting role when, in some episodes, he had the central plot and carried the show along?:confused:
Plus, didn't he get nominated a while back for directing the episode "Billboard"?

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I could be wrong on this cause I really don't follow the awards all that much, but I think Bryan is nominated as supporting actor because Frankie is considered the star of the show, therefore he would be the show's lead actor. Jane can be nominated lead address because she's the fist woman listed in the credits.

I believe both Jane and Bryan have been nominated for several golden globe awards too, but I don't think either of them have ever won any of those either. :( I hope they finally get the awards that they deserve this year!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
It's something like that, I think. It's just a bunch of bureacracy how they decide who's supporing and who's leading--everyone supports everyone else on MITM, in my opinion. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
From looking at past emmy winners, it's usually someone who has a hit show and is fairly big in the public eye. Sadly, since MITM isn't anymore, Jane and Bryan's stakes for winning are, unfortunatley, pretty low.:(
But Ill still keep my hopes up.:)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
That's what I'm afraid of too. Jane's been nominated every year that she's been on Malcolm. If she didn't get it when MITM was in it's glory days (in the eyes of Hollywood), chances are probably slim that she'll get it this time. :( I think these awards shows are mainly politics, not who deserves it the most. Lets keep our fingers crossed though!

Does any one know who the other nominees are in Bryan and Jane's categories?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That's exactly right! Awards are so overrated that I'd be happier if I didn't get one because all they mean is that a really small group of people thinks I'm a better actor than all the other brilliant actors out there. Ridiculous!