Batman! Part 4

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
NOTE* Sorry it took so long for me to get this part up. Ive been really busy with things, and now school has started for me.:mad: Anyway, this is the chapter where I believe things get really interesting, so please enjoy!:) ...............................................................................................
.......................................................................................................

It was Monday evening at the apartment of one Craig Feldspar. He was just moping around his living room, doing "cleaning". He was still trying to overcome the shock of losing his job at Lucky Aide(see last chapter).

Craig(whispering to self): I can't believe...Im fired.
His cat, Jellybean, comes out of the kitchen.
Jellybean: Meow.
Craig: What?
Craig: Oh, so you think it's MY fault?!
Jellybean:....Meow.
Craig: Like you have it so hard! All you do is sleep, eat, and crap while I worked my ass off!
Craig: FINE! IF YOU WANNA BE THAT WAY!
Craig picks up a can of spray he was using to clean his coffee table and he throws it at Jellybean.
Jellybean: MEOW!!!
Jellybean darts into the kitchen. Craig just collapses on his couch.
Craig: What is wrong with me?! Now Im attacking my cat!
Craig picks up the remote to his tv and turns it onto a movie channel.
Voice(on tv): Now we return to "When Clowns Attack"!
Character(on tv): Well, at least we got rid of that pesky janitor!
Character 2(on tv): Yeah, he was...
All of a sudden, a clown runs to the characters on the tv.
Clown: I AM the janitor, who will haunt you forever as a CLOWN!
Characters: AHHHH!!!!
The clown attacks them with numerous objects, including ballon animals and a REALLY loud blow horn he honks in one of the guy's ears.
Character: AHHHH!!!!
Craig's eyes are glued to the screen.
Craig: wow....
The clown gets the guys on the ground in pain.
Clown: I win this round! HA HA HA HA HA!
The movie ends.
Craig: Wow...I wish...
Craig thinks for a second.
Craig: Wait...THAT'S IT!
Craig remembers the clown makeup kit he bought from Lucky Aide when he was leaving the day before(see last chapter, of course). Craig grabs it and runs into his room. He grabs some weird looking clothes of his from his closet. He runs to the bathroom and shuts the door.
Craig(on other side of door): MUHAA HA HA HA! I am no longer Craig Feldspar, former assistant manager of Lucky Aide!
Craig come out of the bathroom with evil looking paint and weird clothes on.
Craig: I am now....NUTZ, the PISSED OFF CLOWN!
Craig walks to his phone book. He finds the phone number and address of his boss, Mr.Uperson(the guy who fired him).
Craig: Hm hm hmmm...Mr.Uperson, you are in for a rude awaking tomorrow at your meeting.....
MEANWHILE, at the Wilkerson household...
Reese and Hal are in the former bomb shelter, now the "batcave". Reese is helping Hal get some equipment together.
Reese: With these illegal knumbchucks in your arsenal, you are going to kick some serious ass!
Hal: But should Batman have knumbchucks?
Reese: The FAKE Batman didn't, but you are the REAL Batman, so you get to use anything!
Hal: Guess your right. But how'd you get these knumbchucks anyways?
Reese: You know I have...uh...connections.
Hal just looks at Reese like he's in trouble, but he just shrugs his shoulders.
Hal: By the way, after your mother falls asleep later, we are going to go repaint my car black!
Reese: But I have school tomorrow!
Hal: Ill let ya stay home.
Reese: DEAL! No takebacks!
Hal just rolls his eyes.
In the house, Lois is just looking out the window.
Lois: I wonder what Hal and Reese are doing down there....
Malcolm: Who knows.
Dewey: Dad's probably TRYING to teach Reese how to get lucky with the girls.
Lois glares at Dewey.
Dewey:...Sorry.
Malcolm: Anyways, I got to get prepared for my new assignment from school.
Lois: What is it?
Malcolm: Well, I entered this new writing story thing in my advanced English class, so I have to write about some worthwhile news. If I write the winning artical on whatever I pick, I win $500.00.
Lois: Ok, what are you going to write about?
Malcolm: I think Ill try to pursue...this "Batman" story.
Lois(rolls eyes): Well, there goes five hundred dollars this family needs.
Malcolm: Why do you have to do that?! I can write a story about it!
Lois: Pst. Yeah, right.
Malcolm: Francis is right! You aren't supportive of anything we do!
Malcolm just stomps to the boy's room. Lois just shrugs. Dewey follows Malcolm.
Dewey: You really think you can do a winning news story on..."batman"?
Malcolm: Yeah! And...Ill need your help.
Dewey: What?
Malcolm: I know you are taking a photography class at your middle school, and if you can come with me, we can track down this "batman" together. You take pictures, Ill write a winning story.
Dewey: Well...sounds really stupid.
Malcolm: Come on! If you get pictures like that, you must win something at your school!
Dewey: We do. Id win a coupon for a free sub sandwich at Subway.
Malcolm:...oh. Ok, Ill give you a hundred dollars of my winnings!
Dewey(sighs): Well, Ill probably regret it, but ok, Ill help. But where do we start looking for...batman?
Malcolm: Well, I have a police frequency walkie talkie, and we can listen to them when Batman appears again.
Dewey: Aren't those illegal?
Malcolm:..uh...anyways, we listen to those, and we get on the scene when we hear about it! Oh, don't tell mom about my police walkie talkie...
Dewey just sighs and walks away.
LATER that night...
Reese and Hal are outside, equipped with buckets of black paint.
Reese: So are you going to go kick some ass tonight?
Hal: I may have to wait until tomorrow. We gotta let this paint dry. Anyways, let's get to work!
They start painting the car totally black............................................
...................................................................................................
END of part 4! Hope you all enjoyed it! Now, before anyone says that Craig's story is too far fetched, I assure you it's not. People try to get revenge of bosses all the time. Im just making Craig do it in a more...humorous, MITMish way.:D Anyways, stay tuned for part 5 soon!

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Interesting chapter. It's beyond the realm of MITM that we know and love, but it's still entertaining. So it looks like Malcolm and Dewey are going to be the reporters that seem to be ever-present in superhero stories. Maybe Malcolm will get bit by a radioactive spider and become spiderman. :D I always liked him better than batman. Don't listen to me, I'm just making this up as I go. :D Anyway, I look forward to see what happens next.

BTW, knumbchucks are spelled nunchucks. (Just had to give you a hard time. :D )

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Well, I'm always a harsh critic. I think I see where this is going, so if it's a go MITM story, you'll definitely throw me for a loop. I find the Batman thing a little tiny bit over the edge, but relatively normal for Hal. I guess what kind of annoys me more is how everything just *happens* to happen at the same time. Like I said, I think I know where this is going. Surprise me--make it unguessable. :D

My only other gripe is the scene where Malcolm tells Lois about his assignment. Everything else seemed relatively natural--at least by MITM standards. I could see Craig getting mad at Jellybean. But that scene was awkward for me to read; I couldn't see things playing out like that.

Anyway, it was good. It'd be better if the other chapters weren't so long ago that I'd already forgotten what they were. :D:D I can't believe school started for you already! Tough luck. :(

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Why did the Malcolm/Lois scene seem awkward?:confused: I put that in because that's what I think about when I put Malcolm and Lois together...a bunch of arguing.:D
Anyways, Im glad you and Christina SEEMED to enjoy it.:)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I don't know--it just wasn't right. :( Maybe awkward was a bad choice of word. Unnatural might be a better adjective. It didn't flow properly. I mean I liked the underlying story; just the exact wording needs some help.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Why would it be unnatural for Lois and Malcolm to argue? Or, do you mean the way they were arguing was unnatural? I don't think Lois would discount Malcolm's ability to write the story, but she would probably tell him it was silly and try to get him to write about something else.

I enjoyed it Tony. I'm not as harsh a critic as Sam. :D It's a little off-the-wall, but it's all in fun.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I don't think it was unnatural for them to argue!!! I think the particular choice of words used in their argument was unnatural!!! :D LOL I didn't think I was that unclear.