Website wars!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Now i know as a english MITM site there is noone out there that can touch us!

however i was chatting to Tyno (webmaster of www.malcolm-france.com) and he is having problems with www.malcolm-world.com + www.malcolm-fr.com who has just complely copied his site.

i dont really understand why you would just copy sum1. why not get a new creative angle?

it is so odd how most mitm fan sites are foreign to the US. Would you say MITM was more popular outside the US?

Emrysgirl

In the US, I think that ppl are so used to he disfunctional family plot that the automatically dismiss any show with it (also the case w/ Arrested Development). It takes a few watchings (sometimes forced) before one realizes how good MITM is.:) Although maybe that's just b/c the 1st show I saw was Houseboat and it took a few episodes to get over that.:D In other countries, shows surrounding disfunctional families, although still present, aren't as common. So, unusual shows such as MITM become really popular.

Also, compared to other exported US shows, such as Friends, Drew Carey and Will & Grace, MITM is child friendly. This might be a factor.

I may be way off. My only experience in non-US comedy shows is with India and '80s Germany (German class), both of which are pathetic. And of course classics such as Monty Python and Fawlty Towers.

arach

What do you mean, copied?

I browsed every site and didn't find any copied articles. The character descriptions are different, and so are the news and even the icons. :confused:

Ekkostar

Malcolm-france.com has been having problems with their galleries. The images are broken and 404s come up when you click on anything. I haven't seen any galleries that match the one at malcolm-mittendrin.com. It's the best Malcolm gallery on the internet.

admin

Retired Administrator
Those other two sites are no where near as good, Malcolm-France is by fair superior, graphically and content wise

Well no one bothers fighting with us (well as fair as I am aware). I just wonder if anyone was planning on starting a MITM English site before finding us?