What is your favourite Malcolm 2-parter?

Malcolm06

Hey guys,

What is your favuorite 2 part episode of Malcolm in the Middle. Is it...

Water Park & Traffic Jam
Houseboat & Emancipation
Poker Parts 1 & 2
Clip Show Parts 1 & 2
Company Picnic Parts 1 & 2
Baby Parts 1 & 2
Reese Joins The Army Parts 1 & 2
Bride Of Ida & College Recruiters

*I am not sure if Houseboat & Emancipation or Bride Of Ida & College Recruiters are two part episodes but i was told they were from this site.

Post your replies and thoughts here guys. What was your fav?!!!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Although the Houseboat/Emancipation and Bride of Ida/College Recruiters episodes don't appear to be two-parters, they indeed are. :D It's actually a sub-storyline that connects them, rather than the main line. In Houseboat/Emancipation, it's Francis' trip to Alaska, and in Bride of Ida/College Recruiters, it's Reese's marriage.

I would have to agree that I liked Reese Joined the Army. That mini-series was pure genius--to be able to have such a dramatic, suspenseful episode without the expense of comedy is the mark not only of excellent writers but of superb actors as well.

Excellent question, and welcome to the forums! :) I hope you enjoy your time here; if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me or J. Our other two moderators, Wildcat and tjpeople, are on vacation at the moment. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Hey Malcolm06 and welcome to the Voting Community!:) And like Yardgames said, great question!
Anyways, most of you guys say "Reese joins the Army" is your favorite two parter, and it is indeed probably the favorite of most people here, but...Im gonna have to say that "Baby" was the best two parter, in my opinion. Both parts were hilarious, both parts had great plots for every character, etc. And this two parter made one of the show's most famous quotes-"IM COMING, LOIS!"(when Hal was trying to get home).:D It had one of the funniest little Ida parts, where Hal's African American friends, including Abe, scare Ida. Lol, that was soo friggen funny!:D

Nico21

All of these 2 part episodes are good, but I think the one I enjoyed the most is Water Park & Traffic Jam.
I like the continuous fights between Malcolm and Reese in Water Park !
And Traffic Jam is also a funny episode, it seems all members of Malcolm's family are totaly crazy when he meets the canadian girl (Reese jumping on the truck, Lois breaking the phone...).

PS: In Water park, I also love Hal's head when Lois, Malcolm and Reese are in the liquidator !

reese35

Fine, in order, then.

3) Baby
2) Water Park/Traffic Jam

and #1...

Spoiler for You know what it's gonna be - why bother looking? Ah, look anyway! :D:
Reese Joins the Army!
:D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I still don't see why "Reese joins the Army" is the favorite two parter. I personally think "Baby" is the best two parter. Anyways, that's just me...:D
Oh and on a related note to two parters, I love how Bryan would do the "previously on Malcolm in the Middle" thing. Instead of just saying it, he yelled it! "PREVIOUSLY ON MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE!":D

primehunter1

Yeah, I was was watching the second part of Company Picnic today and I have to say that (seeing the episode for the first time) I was a little suprised when Brian yelled that out. On most other shows you just get a smooth talking person doing the whole Previously... thing

Oh, and my favourite 2 parter? To be honest I don't know. The problem is that I've only seen 1 part of a lot of the episodes so I can't really make a judgment. I did enjoy the Baby episodes though

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Baby was good, but I just don't think anyone but the Malcolm writers could have constructed such a storyline as Reese Joins the Army--the pure ingenuity of all of the storylines working in harmony, in such a way that is dramtic and comical at the same time. It shows everything the series does great.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
The plots on "Baby" flowed the same way, Sam! And in my opinion, the "Baby" two parter was MITM writing...and acting...at it's best!

rzombie1988

Mine is Houseboat and Emancipation. Houseboat is one of my top 5 episodes easily. It is also the episode that got me back into MITM. I don't really consider the Flashback episodes two parters but I will count them anyway. I also hated the whole randomness of Reese getting married, but I liked Bride of Ida otherwise, and College Recruiters was good. Company Picnic was fine, so that would be third for me. I did like Waterpark and Traffic Jam, and that would be second.

So here's mine:

1. Houseboat & Emancipation
2. Water Park & Traffic Jam
3. Company Picnic Parts 1 & 2
4. Poker Parts 1 & 2
5. Reese Joins The Army Parts 1 & 2
6. Baby Parts 1 & 2
7. Bride Of Ida & College Recruiters
8. Clip Show 1 & 2

simon_4420

Good question:D , I think I would have to go with Baby 1&2 as Ida was just so funny and Hal's quest to get back to Lois even though he was knocked out in hospital had me in tears:D . But Reese Joins the Army is a VERY close second!:)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I agree with Simon...Hal's whole "getting back to Lois" plot had me in tears.:D It was so funny when he had that dream that he got up from the hospital bed still in that orange stretcher and was running down the street, hopping on the back of a bus, etc. just to get to Lois.:D
"Im coming, Lois!":D

Gozatron

3 - Company Picnic

2 - Baby

1 - REESE JOINS THE ARMY!!

Reese really is the mean war machine when he gets going comparing being captured to being grouded. But also where he thinks about Pie while being dropped from a plane is so funny and MR WAFFLES!!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Now, technically, Mr. Waffles was from Reese Comes Home, not Reese Joins the Army. If we counted that, Reese Joins the Army would be a three-parter, not a 2-parter. :D