If you're asked to login everytime you visit the forum...

yardgames

Retired Administrator
  • First, obviously, make sure the Remember Me box is set.
  • I've searched for support regarding the topic and it seems that the board is set up correctly. It is most likely a local problem that many of us simply happen to be experiencing at the same time. It seems that there is a cookies bug (in both IE and Firefox) where it saves incorrect information in the forum's cookie. (i.e. if you entered an incorrect password once, the software saves the incorrect password rather than the correct password in the cookie.) Therefore, the obvious way to fix the problem is to reset the cookie, which has worked for me.
  • Everything is easier to Firefox, so to reset the cookie there, go to Tools/Options/Privacy/Cookies/View Cookies. Scroll down to cybersplat.co.uk and choose Remove Cookies. (Note: Remove All Cookies will remove cookies for every site--you'll need to sign in everywhere you visit.)
  • In IE, go to Tools/Internet Options. If you're using IE 7, simply choose to Clean your browsing history. If you're using IE 6 (which you probably are if you're unsure) you'll need to go to this directory: (it will need to be manually typed in, as it's a hidden folder) C:\Documents and Settings\**YOUR COMPUTER USER NAME**\Cookies
    Now find and delete the cybersplat.co.uk cookie.

Ryebeach

Thanks for checking into this Sam, however, for me, after following your directions, it's the same as it always is. But that's no problem, I'll just log in each time I visit the forum but I wanted to let you know that this solution doesn't seem to work for everyone. Thanks again though. :)