Batman! Part 1

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
NOTE*Hey guys! Here's is my brand spankin new MITM fanfic! This one, I believe, will be my best/funniest fanfic yet!:) I know Mike(Reese35) loves this idea already. Anyway, please enjoy this new fic, and PLEASE reply after your done reading!..................................................................
........................................................................................................

It was a not so fine Sunday morning at the Wilkerson house. Thanks to leaks in the roof, a rainstorm had dumped large amounts of water into the Wilkerson living room. Lois, of course, sent Hal and the boys to fix the roof. They were trying their hardest, but Hal's frights of being on the roof slowed them all down considerably.

Dewey: Can SOMEONE please pass the hammer over here?!
Reese: Dad's got the hammer right now! And I need it, too!
Malcolm: We are never gonna finish this! Dad, can you get over here?!
Hal was clinging to the other side of the roof, not moving but a few centimeters at a time.
Hal: Ju..ju..just a second, boys..
Malcolm: We don't need you over here, just the hammer!
Hal tries to extend his hand with the hammer in it, but he is too far away from the boys for them to reach it.
Hal: Uh....Ill just get off the roof and toss it up, okay?
Dewey: For the love of..!
Hal: Hang on a sec, boys.
Hal quickly edges back to the ladder and quickly gets down off the roof.
Reese: Man, with him "helping", this will take all day.
Malcolm: You know how dad and heights are.
Reese: Actually, it's not dad..it's Dewey! With his slow passing of shingles!
Dewey: What?!
Reese: You move like a turtle! Don't they teach you construction in kindergarten?
Dewey: Im in the 7th grade, Reese! And they don't teach us construction in middle school, dumbass!
Reese: Why you little!
They start fighting and struggling with each other. Malcolm just rolls his eyes, but notices that a bucket with shingles is near the edge of the roof right where Dewey and Reese are fighting.
Malcolm: Guys, watch it! That bucket!
Reese pushes Dewey, and he bumps into the bucket. The bucket tumbles over the roof. Standing on the ground right under the falling shingles is Hal.
Hal(thinking): HA! Off the roof! Now I can go and...
The shingles hit him right on the head, knocking him out cold. The boys look down and see him laying there.
Reese: Oh crap!
Dewey(sarcastically): Good going, Reese!
Malcolm: Let's see if he's ok!
They climb down. Right then, Lois steps outside.
Lois: Guys, you can take a brea....HAL!
She runs over to his lifeless body.
Lois: What happened?!
Reese: Some...uh...kids..yeah, kids, not us though, pelted him in the head with rocks!
Lois sees the shingles and rolls her eyes.
Lois: Just go call an ambulance!
LATER, at the hospital....
Hal is laying in a hospital bed. Lois and the boys are just sitting in the room. Hal opens his eyes.
Hal: Wha...where am I?
Lois: Hal! Thank goodness your ok!
Hal: Huh? Am I dead?
Lois: No. Some shingles fell on your head.
She glares at the boys(namely Reese and Dewey). They just look in other directions.
The doctor comes in.
Doc: Good, your awake. Well, I see no reason in holding you. Just be more careful when doing work at your house, Mr.Wilkerson.
Lois: Will there be anythig wrong with Hal?
Doc: Not exactly. BUT, he may feel the need to do things he shouldn't do or wouldn't normally care about doing.
Lois: That's weird.
Doc: Just be glad he's ok, for the most part.
The doctor leaves and Hal gets up and dresses in his normal clothes.
LATER that evening, at the house...
Hal and the boys are sitting in the living room watching tv. They are flipping around, and mainly all thats on is the news and some reality cop shows. The first news channel talked about how a old store owner was robbed at gunpoint. The second talked about how a young guy was beat up by two bookies.
Hal: All this crime.....
Reese: Kind of inspiring!
Malcolm and Dewey roll their eyes.
Hal: I just wish someone would get up and DO something about all this crap!
The flip to a reality cop show. The host talks about a drug dealer who escaped the cops.
Hal: I can't believe that! Well, Im going to bed. Night, boys.
He walks to the room, where Lois is also getting ready for bed as well.
Hal: I can't believe all the crime in this country! Much less this city!
Lois: What in the world brought this up?
Hal: It's "up" all the time, no one ever talks about it though!
Lois: As long as nothing happens to this family, we are ok.
Hal: I still wish someone would do something. I wish I could do something.
The lay down to sleep, but Hal is very restless......
...............................................................................................
END of part 1. Part 2 is where things get VERRRRYYY interesting and funny, as you shall see!:) I hope everyone enjoyed this part, even if it was a little short, and I KNOW everyone will like the second part. Anyways, stay tuned for the next chapter coming soon!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I definitely enjoyed it. :) It seemed a lot mroe realistic to me than the end of Keep in Step--we're back to where I could actually see each character doing exactly what you say they do. :D Keep it coming!