Keep In Step! Part 11, the final part

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
NOTE* Well, this is the 11th and final part! I certainly hope that everyone has enjoyed the story thus far, and I thank you for your mostly positive reviews.:) I just wanted this done before I leave for Loosiana. Anyway, read, reply, and enjoy!.....................................................................
......................................................................................................

It is late Friday evening. The IRS and the police, along with Lois and a bunch of onlookers, are still surrounding Craig's apartment, where Hal had baracaded himself. He was still reading out his list of demands(see last chapter).

Hal: I want a original first print of the Beatles "Sgt.Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" record, I want a Delorean from the Back to the Future movies..
Negotiator: What?! Where in the world are we supposed to find that?!
Hal: Well, if you are smart enough to find a family who owes you 9,900$, your smart enough to find a Delorean!
Negotiator:....Fine. What else do you want?
Hal: Last but not least, I want an airplane to take me to Mexico!
Lois: This is...hey, hand me the megahorn.
Lois grabs it from the negotiator.
Lois: Hal! Get down here NOW!
Hal: They want my money, though!
Lois: Who cares?! If you don't come down, your going to go to jail!
Hal: Not if I escape to Mexico!
Lois(sighs and rolls eyes): Hal, your not going to Mexico.
Hal: Who says?!
While they argue, a group of officers are sneaking to the apartment complexe's door so they can climb the stairs to Craig's apartment door. Craig sees them through the window.
Craig: Hal, they are coming up! You gotta escape!
Hal: AHH!!(that little "AHH!" sound he sometimes does:D )
Craig: Go out to the balcony and use the emergency ladder to the ground.
Hal: Thanks, Craig!
Hal runs to Craig's backdoor, goes to the balcony, and uses the emergency ladder to get to the ground. No one sees him since everyone is focused on the apartment building. Hal is able to sneak to the car and get in before Lois sees him.
Lois: Hal!
The cops and IRS agents see him in his car.
IRS agent: There he is! Getting in the car!
Hal starts speeding off, but sticks his head out the window.
Hal(yelling): Ill send ya a postcard from Mexico, suckers!!! HAHHAHHAA!!!
IRS agent: That sonofa...
Cop: Let's go get him!
They all get in their cars. Lois jumps in her van. All of them start speeding after Hal.
MEANWHILE, on a sidewalk down the street...
Reese is just lounging around, knowing Tanya will show up. But then, he sees Malcolm, who is walking from Stevie's house.
Malcolm: What are you doing out here?
Reese: Waiting for you know who(Reese has that smug smile).
Malcolm: Then I guess Ill stay right here, too.
Reese: What?!
Malcolm: Listen, Im tired of this bullcrap! She HAS to pick, either you or ME! And I know it'll be ME! So HA!
Tanya(who had walked up on them, but they didn't know): Actually, smartass, I pick Reese.
Malcolm(stark white):....Wha...what?!!
Tanya: It seems with you Im just something your trying to win. Reese actually likes me. So, I choose Reese.
Reese is smiling HUGE. Malcolm's eyes are just wide open.
Tanya: Reese, let's go somewhere.
Reese(still with a huge smile): Sure, babe!!
They walk off. Malcolm is still standing there.
Malcolm: But I...he....you....I....(to camera).....she...I....what did she mean by smartass?! Who's being a smartass?! Im just...
Hal goes speeding by right behing him down the street. The IRS and cops are in pursuit. So is Lois.
Malcolm(to camera): What in the world was that?
MEANWHILE, a few streets away...
The van with the mexican and Dewey, Bobby, and Jaques is speeding down the street, toward the highway that goes to Mexico. The cops are still chasing them, though.
Jaques: Zo Dewey here beztrayed us?
Bobby: What were you planning on doing?
Dewey: I wasn't doing anything!
Bobby: Yeah right! Well, we'll take care of you once we get to Mexico.
Bobby and Jaques open the back of the truck. They see the cop cars chasing them.
Bobby: There's no use now for this stolen stuff. We'll toss it out to stop the fuzz.
Bobby and Jaques start throwing stuff on the street. It works, as the cops are hitting the stuff and getting stopped.
Jaques: It hazed worked!
Bobby: That's good, now just sweet sailing to Mexic....
All of a sudden, Bobby is kicked in the balls by Dewey. Dewey then hits Jaques with a horn he picked up.
Bobby: You bastard! I think you broke my balls!
Dewey: And Im about to break your skull!
Dewey swings the horn at him, but Bobby dodges it. They start fighting each other.
MEANWHILE, also heading for the same highway that goes to Mexico....
Hal is still speeding down the road, knowing he is reaching the highway.
Hal(singing): Im in the money, im in the money, ah ah ah ah ah ah ah, im in the money!(stops singing) I wonder what Ill buy? A big house? A plane? No! A boat! Ha ha, Ive got it made! I....
Hal reaches the enterance to the highway, but at the same time he tries to drive in, a big truck speeds at it, too.
Hal: AH! I can't brake!!!
Hal's car smashes into the van. The screen goes black...a few second later, it comes back. Hal is laying in a hospital bed. He sees Lois and a cop, along with Dewey, standing there.
Lois: Well, Im glad your awake now.
Hal: What happened?
Cop: You ran into a van.
Hal: My 10,000$! Where is it?!
Cop: The IRS took 9,900$ of it.
Hal starts that little whine.
Cop: We all would have you in jail, but by crashing into that van, you stopped a big smuggling ring. So a congratulations are in order, I believe.
Hal: But my money....
Lois: Hal, at least you won't be going to jail.
Cop: And you happend to save your son's life. He was being held hostage by those bastards.
Dewey: Yeah. Thanks dad.
Hal is a little happier.
Hal: Well, at least we still have that 100$.
A doctor comes in. The cop goes ahead and leaves.
Doctor: Well, Im glad to say that you won't have to stay here any longer. You seem completely fine.
Hal: That's good. So I can go home?
Doctor: Yep. You just have to pay your stay and your tests. Should be about 100$.
Hal:...but..but....
Hal starts whining. Dewey and Lois roll their eyes. Dewey walks out of the room to the hall. Bames Jond(read earlier chapters) is there.
Dewey: Thought you would be here.
Bames: Just wanted to congratulate you on getting the evidence needed to put these guys away.
Dewey: What do I get for it?
Bames: Uh..nothing. Im keeping the stuff and IM getting the rewards.
Dewey: Whatever.
Bames: Im kidding. Maybe Ill share a little of the glory with you. Well, Ill be seeing you.
As he walks away, Dewey calls after him.
Dewey: Youve never told me your real name.
Bames(he smiles): It's Cosmo.
Dewey: Cosmo.
Cosmo: Cosmo.
He walks away, and Dewey just stands there.
A WEEK LATER...
It's the afternoon at the middle school. The band is practicing outside.
Band member: We need to start practicing. But where's our new bandleader?
Another Band member: Wait, there he is.
They see...Dewey! He is walking out in his new bandleader uniform.
Dewey: Alright, we got tons of work to do before our next competition, so let's get started right now. Everyone, get your instruments ready and follow my lead!
They start playing. Dewey is leading them through a very complicated routine, and they are messing up alot. Across the street, Hal is videotaping it, messups and all. Hal smiles.
Hal: Ill have that 10,000$ THIS time!
END CREDITS!
..................................................................................................
END of part 11 and the whole story! Hope everyone loved it(or at least liked it somewhat!:D ). Please reply right now since your done reading it! Anyways, Im going to start a brand new story when I get back from Looseiana:)D ), so until next time, peace!

reese35

I have to say, this was GOOD! Action, suspense, comedy, drama. And Reese getting what he wants from Malcolm? You don't see that every day! :D Anyway, Tony, nice work!