Before the Pilot

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Stuff that has happened to the
Wilkersons
before the Pilot began
cataloguing
their life is hidden throughout the series.

For example, Lois gave birth to Francis in the middle of their wedding ceremony, then came home and Hal asked if he could work a few less hours, and his boss gave him a cubicle outside the toilet and demoted him. Months later, something happens (either he quits or is fired) and he has to find a new job, at which time Reese came along, Hal got a new job, and Francis was sent to live with Ida.

Anyone else care to elaborate on the lives of the
Wilkersons
before the series began?

reese35

• What about when there was a 'Bad Cop' Hal and a 'Good Cop' Lois when Francis was young and into his troublemaking days?
    • Then the "Cancer Scare" with the X-ray that the bros concocted to get the rents to sign the report card without noticing the bad grades?
    • (Unrelated) When Hal had his B-day party when he couldn't decide between circus motif or zoo motif, which got him afraid of making the wrong decision, clowns and snakes?

Need I say more? :D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
There is tones off stuff, maybe wen i do my marathon ill take notes. and WTF is all all that stuff under your post, its craxy!

crazy
crazey
....etc.

Lois very intelligent presumably well educated (top of her class as shown in season 7 when she tries to get Jamie to speak). The two must've had well paid jobs because their home as portrayed in 'flashback' is nice.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
And then the kids came along and they got lazy? Makes sense. Good thoughts, Mike. And @TJ I'm not sure; seems as though my Google Spell check had an incident. :D I've fixed it.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Great thread!

Also Francis was sent to Military School before the series began, after getting busted by the cops for something, setting fire to a car and whatever the third thing was (which we didn't see as he was in his room) in the Pilot flashbacks and getting his nose pierced in Home Alone 4.

We also know that following the "last straw" incident (whatever he did, it wasn't mentioned) that he had a shower (he indicated that in "Reese's Apartment" so it must have involved something messy.

Hal was wierd in high school and didn't necessarily get on with Lois, jsut deemed as the weird kid (I know this is going fairly far back from the pilot) but it's shown in S5- when Reese reads Lois's diary.

It's also made evident throughout the series that Francis was unplanned and born prior to their marriage.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Something that happened before the pilot that we learned in "Reese vs. Stevie"-all the boy's free passes.:D Can't remember what they all did(except Malcolm. He had that chemistry set and I guess it exploded because both him and Hal had no hair:D ).

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Those are some good ones. @Deweyrules, I really meant anytime before the Pilot, not like right before it started. :D Good thought--Hal and Lois have indeed changed a little since high school. :D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
tony_montana said:
Something that happened before the pilot that we learned in "Reese vs. Stevie"-all the boy's free passes.:D Can't remember what they all did(except Malcolm. He had that chemistry set and I guess it exploded because both him and Hal had no hair:D ).

Reese's was something that had to do with a cow on rollerskates. :D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
It was in "Reese vs. Stevie", when Dewey was smoking. Hal told him about how the other boys had gotten a free pass for something bad they did.

Amigo22 said:
He was born on their wedding day. It's in Flashback

Oooo, I'm filled with excitement:rolleyes: I've found a story discrepency, it's true Amigo22, flashback has Lois giving birth to Francis when they get married, however in the Halloween epsiode of season 7, Hal states that he and Lois have been married 20 years and Francis responds, how does that work? I'm 21. Ah well.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I don't think that's a discrepancy on the writer's part--what it proves is that, in fact, Lois and Hal had always told Francis he was born on their wedding day but either Hal was screwed up again (i.e. No Motorcycles) or he wasn't actually born at that time.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Deweyrules! said:
Oooo, I'm filled with excitement:rolleyes: I've found a story discrepency, it's true Amigo22, flashback has Lois giving birth to Francis when they get married, however in the Halloween epsiode of season 7, Hal states that he and Lois have been married 20 years and Francis responds, how does that work? I'm 21. Ah well.

Meow! :mad:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The series had a lack of continuity.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
No, it most certainly did not. There were some things, indeed, but a) this isn't one of them and b) there's a lot less than other series. In the Simpsons, no one ever ages and Joey had like three 30th birthdays on Friends.