Recap on cast's upcoming projects....Includin g new Bryan Cranston info

Ryebeach

Recap on cast's upcoming projects....Includin g new Bryan Cranston info

As the time passes since the finale of MITM was filmed and subsequently aired, the cast is beginning to take on new projects. I'd thought I'd recap what's been announced thus far, here in a new thread.

Jane Kaczmarek: Jane guest stars in the pilot of "Help Me Help You," which will be airing Tuesdays at 9:30pm this fall on ABC and co-stars Ted Danson. As of now, Jane has only signed on to appear in the pilot of this series however, at the upfronts held in New York City last month, industry folks mentioned that they were very impressed with Jane and felt she and Ted Danson have good chemistry and the producers have stated in a couple of articles that they would like her to appear in the series on a recurring basis. To date though, there has been no announcement that this will occur.

Plot summary for "Help Me Help You":

(from ABC's press release) Whoever came up with the idea of group therapy? Take a bunch of people who are all really messed up in different ways and put them in a room together to try and help each other out. he group leader, Dr. Bill Hoffman, is probably the craziest and most self-obsessed of all, but his patients would never know it because he hides behind his very respectable celebrity image as a bestselling author of phenomenally successful self-help books. Directed by Brian Dannelly ("Saved," "Weeds"), the series explores the comical side of group therapy as members of the group apply the good doctor's advice to the real world with enthusiastic effort, until they begin to realize maybe Dr. Bill should be doing the heavy lifting along with them. Ted Danson ("Cheers") stars.

Preview video of the series:

http://abc.go.com/fsp/index.html?channel=FallPreviews&clip=108799

On the menu below the video screen, if "Help Me Help You" doesn't appear, click on "next" until it does.

Bryan Cranston: Bryan has been cast in a play entitled, "The God of Hell", set to debut in LA on June 28th and run till July 30th.

Casting Notice - B. Cranston - Backstage.com 6/13/06

Plot Summary - "The God of Hell"

Frankie Muniz: In addition to Frankie's new career as a race car driver, he's also signed onto two film projects, both tentatively scheduled for release in 2007.

Parental Guidance Suggested, a teen comedy, co-starring Ryan Pinkston, Matthew Lillard, Jamie Kennedy and Rheagan Wallace, who, coincidentally, played both Jackie and Raduca on MITM.

and

My Sexiest Year, a dramedy co-starring Harvey Kietel, Ryan Cabrera and Haylie Duff.

Here's the plot summary:

A romantic coming-of-age story in which the kindness bestowed by a glamorous model is returned 30 years later by the young man in whom she inspired the first stirrings of confidence and love.

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0806130/

Justin Berfield: Justin currently has two announced projects in the works through his production company, J2 Pictures. One is the true story of 75 year old international jewel thief, Doris Payne. The other is a project about Jerry Garcia, from the Grateful Dead. You can find more info on both projects on J2's website, www.j2pictures.com

Both Erik Per Sullivan and Christopher Masterson have no announced projects in the works, as far as I know.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Re: Recap on cast's upcoming projects....Includin g new Bryan Cranston info

Thanks so much for the update, Rye. I look forward to seeing Jane in other comedy show.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

Are those plays, by chance, recorded and broadcasted somewhere? Id like to see any work Bryan does!:)

Ryebeach

tony_montana said:
Are those plays, by chance, recorded and broadcasted somewhere? Id like to see any work Bryan does!:)
That would be great if they were. :) Unfortunately, I don't believe the shows are recorded or broadcasted. :(

Malcoholic

Many thanks, Ryebeach, for these really valuable updates. Chris Masterson produced and stars in a new independent film, Intellectual Property, which this spring started being shown in independent film festivals (Orlando FL in March, and Newport Beach CA in April). So far it has not been released for the general public, and I don't know at this point whether it will in fact be released, or whether it will go to DVD. The film's web site is http://www.intellectualpropertythemovie.com

I very much hope it will be possible to see this movie, since, from the sound of it, it's a wonderful role for Chris. He plays a scientist during the Cold War who is convinced the Soviets are spying on him, and he becomes totally paranoic.

On Justin's jewel thief movie, here is an update from the website LVCOURTSBLOG:

"District Court Judge Michelle Leavitt sentenced Doris Payne this morning (June 15) to a term of 24 to 60 months in the Nevada Department of Corrections, with 337 days credit for time served. In addition to sentencing on the two burglary counts, Payne must pay a total of $44,499 in restitution."

An interesting angle on the story is that the sentencing took place shortly after Justin paid Payne a $150,000 advance for the film rights to this story. Reading between the lines, it seems likely that Payne's attorneys made a deal with the prosecutors, where Payne agreed to put some of her film money into a restitution fund, in exchange for a relatively lenient sentence.

Our Malcolm boys certainly are leading interesting lives!

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

I don't know about you guys, but Chris's movie sounds pretty damn good!:D I like those Cold War-type spy movies. Really cool(no pun intended.:rolleyes: )
Im still kinda questioning why Justin is making a movie about some damn jewel theif. Of course, this comment comes from me, a guy who likes all the Godfather movies and Scarface.:D

Ryebeach

Malcoholic said:
Many thanks, Ryebeach, for these really valuable updates. Chris Masterson produced and stars in a new independent film, Intellectual Property, which this spring started being shown in independent film festivals (Orlando FL in March, and Newport Beach CA in April). So far it has not been released for the general public, and I don't know at this point whether it will in fact be released, or whether it will go to DVD. The film's web site is http://www.intellectualpropertythemovie.com

I very much hope it will be possible to see this movie, since, from the sound of it, it's a wonderful role for Chris. He plays a scientist during the Cold War who is convinced the Soviets are spying on him, and he becomes totally paranoic.
You're welcome Malcoholic and thanks for the news on Christopher's new film. I agree with you and Tony, I think it sound very good and I look forward to seeing it. :)

tony_montana said:
Im still kinda questioning why Justin is making a movie about some damn jewel theif. Of course, this comment comes from me, a guy who likes all the Godfather movies and Scarface.:D
From my perspective, I would imagine that this story interested Justin mainly because it's just not very often that you hear about an elderly international jewel thief who for many years, traveled the world stealing jewelery from many locations in many countries, all the while avoiding capture. Personally, it's a story that I'd like to learn more about, I guess because it's just so different than stories I usually hear about on the news or plots of movies I see and the fact that it's true. :)