Keep In Step! Part 8

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
NOTE*Well, here we are again! I hope everyone has enjoyed the story thus far. Anyway, read and PLEASE REPLY when you are done! I love reading your comments!
..................................................................................................

It was Thursday morning at the Wilkerson household. Everyone was getting ready for the usual routine, except Hal, who decided to stay home and prepare himself for his "big night" at the show.

Lois: I still don't see why you have to stay home today, Hal.
Hal(sitting on the couch): BECAUSE, I...uh.....
Lois: What?
Hal just remembered he can't tell Lois he sent in the video of the boy's fight.
Hal: I...my friend, yes, my friend! Bob! He's coming into town and Im going to show him around.
Lois: Huh. Ok. Dewey, let's get to the van before your late for school!
They head to the van. Reese and Malcolm head out down the sidewalk for school.
AT a gas station minutes later...
Lois is getting gas for the car. She gets done.
Lois: Dewey, Im going to go pay for this gas real quick. Stay in the van.
Dewey: Alright.
Lois goes in to pay. Dewey sits in the van until there is a knock at the window. Dewey sees it is the "waiter" who told him to track what Jaques and Bobby do. Dewey rolls the window down.
Dewey: You?
"Waiter": Who did you think I was, Clark Kent?
Dewey: What do you want?
"Waiter": Have you found anything out about your "friends" Bobby and Jaques?
Dewey: Here, take this.
Hands him the record tape.
"Waiter": What do they talk about?
Dewey: I hate to say it, but it seems you were right. They are smuggling other school's instruments and selling them to Mexican smugglers.
"Waiter": I KNEW IT!!!!(yells this out)
Dewey(rolls eyes): Well, Perry Mason, what do we do now?
"Waiter": Don't call me that.
Dewey: Then what should I call you?
"Waiter": How bout....Bames Jond?
Dewey: Aw geez...alright. Whatever. Anyway, what now?
Bames: We need a little more evidence. How about...VIDEO evidence!
Dewey: Your crazy! I almost got busted just doing this with the tape recorder!
Bames: Well, you got to do it! Figure something out!
Dewey: Ok, fine. Ill do something.
Bames: Fine. Oops, there's your mom! Gotta go!
Bames runs off. Lois gets in the van.
Lois: Who was that guy that was standing there?
Dewey: A hobo.
Lois: Figures.
They drive to the middle school.
LATER that day, at lunch at the high school...
Lunch had just ended and Reese was walking slowly to class, since he never wants to go anyways. He sees Tanya in the hall.
Reese: Hey, Tanya!
Tanya: Reese, hey!
Reese: Um...I wanted..to ask...you...um...tonight, the fair is in town. You want to go with me?
Tanya: That sounds fun. Ok, Ill go.
Reese(in head): YES!
Tanya: Meet me after school and we'll go.
Reese: Awesome. Ill see ya.
She walks away. Right after she leaves, Reese sees Malcolm.
Reese: Hey, buttwipe, guess who's going to the fair with me?
Malcolm: Let me guess, you...
Reese: TANYA! Let's see you beat THAT!
Reese struts away whilst Malcolm is dumbfounded.
Malcolm(to camera): The friggen FAIR! Why didn't I think of that?!
THAT evening...
It is 5:00 and Hal got to the ABC tv studio. He went into the part where America's Funniest Home Videos is filmed. Hal sees Bob Saget.
Hal: Hey, Mr. Saget!
Bob: Hey, you must be Hal! I regonize your voice!
Hal: Yep, here for the show!
Bob: Well, we start filming in about an hour.
Hal: Hey, just wondering...how does my competition look?
Bob: It's pretty tough. You got to go up against two other finalists... one is "Cat takes piss on sleeping master" and the second is "Man's crotch hits motorcycle going at 100 miles per hour".
Hal(kinda worried): Huh. I hope I can win.
Bob: Well, you have a great video! Those two boys beating the crap out of each other! What's better than that?
Hal: Heh heh.....um, nothing.
Bob: Anyway, just relax until we start filming.
Hal goes and sits down.
AT that time, at the fair...
Reese and Tanya are walking and talking together and having a good time. It was through a miracle Reese hadn't pushed over any game booth yet for "gyping him". Reese and Tanya come come at a certain part of the fair.
Tanya: And we all...hey, look at that!
Reese: What?
Reese and Tanya are at a special game booth where the prize for winning is a very nice stuffed elephant.
Tanya: Look what they are giving away!
Reese: So? It's a stupid looking stuff elephant.
Tanya: I collect stuffed animals. I LOVE that! It looks so cute!
Reese: Well...how do we get it?
Tanya: Let's ask the man at the booth.
They walk up and ask him how to win it.
Man: We are having a cotton candy eating contest in a couple of minutes. Whoever eats the most cotton candy in five mintues wins it. There's one spot left for one competitor.
Reese: Well, Ill do it!
Tanya: You will?! Thank you, Reese!
Tanya kisses him on the check. Reese does that stupid smile.
Reese: Hee hee...yeah....sure...
Man: Well, come over here with the other competitors.
Reese goes to a table where the other competitors are. A small crowd has gathered to watch. There are MANY sticks of cotton candy on the table.
Man: Alright! Time to begin. When I say go, get some CC, and start eating! Whoever eats most, wins!
People: YAY!!!
Man: And....GO!
The competitors pick up cotton candy and start eating. Reese gets a stick of it in each hand and starts eating FAST. By the first minute, one of the seven competitors have quit. Reese has already eaten four things of cotton candy.
Tanya: Come on, Reese!
Reese keeps going. After two mintues, three more people have quit. Reese has eaten eight things of cotton candy. After three minutes, one more person is gone. Reese has eaten eleven things of cotton candy now. He is getting a little sick:)D ). At four minutes, one other person quits. All that's left is Reese and another guy. They both have eaten the same amount of cotton candy. The five minutes goes up.
Man: Wow! Look at this folks! Both of these guys have eaten 13 things of cotton candy! Time for the showdown! One of these guys must eat until the other quits. GO!
They start eating more. Reese is determined to beat the guy. After two minutes, they have each gotten to 15 things of cotton candy each. The guy suddenly gets sick and quits. To shove it in his face, Reese eats one last thing of cotton candy.
Man: And it is over! This young guy here has eaten 16 things of cotton candy!
The crown claps for Reese. The man hands Reese the stuffed elephant. Reese gives it to Tanya. Reese is unable to speak he is so sick.
Tanya: That was incredible! Thank you, Reese!
Reese: Muh, muh.
Tanya: I guess we can leave. Let's go.
They leave the fair and walk to her host house.
Tanya: Thank you for a great night, Reese.
She kisses Reese on the lips for a full five seconds.
Tanya: See you.
She walks in. Reese is smiling, but then his eyes get big and he turns to the sidewalk and you see his back but hear him throw up BIG TIME:)D ).
LATER, at around 6:45...
Lois, Malcolm, and Dewey are in the living room. Reese had gone to bed early because he felt..bad. Lois is flipping around the channels.
Lois: I can't believe they postponed 24 tonight for that stupid spelling bee!
Malcolm: Yeah. What else is on?
Lois: Let's try ABC.
They flip to ABC, and America's Funniest Videos is on(uh-oh.:D ).
Bob: And we are back to this special LIVE(Hal didn't know it was live) show! It's now at the time we have been waiting all night for...the video finalists!!
Everyone in the audience claps.
Bob: First, we have "Man's crotch hits motorcycle going at 100 miles per hour", sent in by Ronny Dutch!
The camera shows Ronny Dutch and the audience claps. They then show his video, where a guy is standing in a field and a motorcycle going 100 miles per hour hits him in the middle of his crotch, flipping him in the air.
Bob: That's GOTTA hurt! Now, the second video, "Cat pees on sleeping master", sent in by Bill Roberts!
The camera shows Bill Roberts and everyone claps. They then show his video, which shows a cat jump up on Bill's friend's face and pees on him.
Bob: Wow! HE'S gonna need a shower! Now, for the third and final video, we have "Two boys fight each other", sent in by Hal Wilkerson!
Lois: Wait...HAL?!
The camera shows Hal, and he nervously smiles(he just realized it's a live show and Lois MIGHT be watching). They then show the video of Reese and Malcolm fighting each other and Malcolm yelling,"Im NOT a bedwetter!", which makes the audience lauge hysterically.
Malcolm: WHAT THE?!
Dewey is cracking up. Lois is staring at the tv with a mixture of shock and pure rage at Hal.
Bob: THAT'S a hospital visit if I ever saw one! Anyway, and here are the winners. In third place, it's....."Cat pees on sleeping master"! Congrats, Bill, you just won the third place prize of $500! And now, let's skip to the FIRST PLACE video, which is......"TWO BOYS FIGHT EACH OTHER!!"
The crowd starts cheering. Hal can't believe it. He's extremely happy.
Bob: Congrats, Hal! You just won 10000$!!
Hal is jumping up and squealing.
Malcolm: Well...at least he won ten grand.
Lois is still too pissed off to comprehend what just happened.
A little while later...
Hal gets to the house. He has cashed the check and has the ten grand in his wallet. He runs to the door and walks in the kitchen.
Hal: Honey, you wont believe it! I won..
Hal sees Lois sitting in the kitchen. She is glaring at him with the worst glare she has ever had. Hal is already scared to death.
Hal: Ho..ho..honey, um....we...I...um..the video..won...us..ten grand..if that's...any...any...help.
He slowly pulls out the money and puts it on the table in front of Lois.
Hal: You know what, honey? I just decided that...YOU can have it!
He pushes it toward Lois.
Hal: Good night!
Hal runs to the bedroom VERY FAST. Lois just sits there still pissed.
...........................................................................................
END of part 8! Hope everyone loved it! Stay tuned for part 9!

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Great chapter! I really enjoyed Hal's and Reese's plots. Things are getting interesting with Tanya. I can't imagine why Lois would be that pissed..granted that Hal didn't tell her and all, but still--it's $10,000! She can get over it. :D Anyway, I'd hate to be the guy whose crotch was hit by a motorcycle going 100 mph. :D

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Anyway, I'd hate to be the guy whose crotch was hit by a motorcycle going 100 mph. :D[/quote]

Yeah, that would hurt like.....erm, you know what. And I'd hate to be the master who gets pissed on by his cat :eek:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I dont' know, ti seems to be getting old and stale to me. It's like it's dragging on and on and on and I just want it to end. Not that it's bad, it just feels like it's time to wrap it up. Although it was still entertaining. :D

han_keep_smilin

what can i say? yet again a great story. i like the part when he says and now two boys fighting each other. it just doensnt fit it with the others and it makes it funny:D cant wait for part 9 to arrive!:)

reese35

I just started reading this story from the beginning, and it's DAMN GOOD! Like, better than the Family Guy-Malcolm crossover! Keep it up, Tony, keep it up!

a few notes - AFV's now hosted by Tom Burgeron. Just letting know. ;)
J - congrats on 1000 posts!

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
@Reese35-Im glad you like it.:) And I know AFV has a new host(or two. I thought they had a man and a woman), but I miss the older episodes with Bob Saget, so I made him the host of the show in this story.:)

vickrules88

really good so far! Its really starting to look like a real MITM show!

just a few things I'd like to say...

for a moment I though that "the Cat pees on sleeping master" clip was craig's! it would have been typical to see him in one of these kind of shows that he goes on every year or something... or that he sends clips every week and his dream was to be accepted and he finally did... either way would have been a funny plot with craig in it:rolleyes:

and the cotton candy thing made me think about hal and lois in the block party saussage competition, nice going!:)

keep up the good work! I REALLY hope you keep writting alot of these things! if this one ends soon, I would totally request more! and if you ever miss ideas, I'm sure alot of us would like to see their "dream" MITM show on script!

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
@Vickrules88-Im glad you like it!:)
Yeah, the sausage competition was a kind of base for the cotton candy thing Reese was involved in. I thought it would be funny to see Reese in a situtation like that.:D And also, don't worry, because after this fic is done, I already have another one planned. It centers this time on Hal. I think it will be the funniest yet. I don't want to reveal much right now, but Ill just say three words: neighborhood "caped crusader".:D
And if you or anyone else here wants me to write a MITM story for them, just post it on a thread of mine OR pm me, and we will see about what I can do.:)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
These are quite fun, Tony--maybe you should be a professional screenplay writer. :D As far as my ideas, I don't really have any. I used to, but to be honest, after 151 episodes, any ideas I had have been used. :D