Sky One final date (UK)

malcolmfan

Sadly UK fans now know the day the last MITM will be aired. It was said in this months Sky Magazine:

Here is what was written:

"Frankie muniz says goodbye to Malcolm in the middle as the show nears its final episode.

"it's like having your Kids going off to collage," says MITM creator Linwood Boomer as the family sitcom's last-ever season finale approches.
After seven seasons, Malcolm's young cast, lead by the now 20 year old Frankie muniz, are so grown up its time for them to fly the nest. You can see the last few episodes every Sunday before the grand finale on 2 July. After that , there will be a special celebration of the greatest moments of the series.
"Im at a critical point in my career," admits Frankie, who recently announced he'd be taking a two-year break from acting to become a professional race-car driver. "Even though l still look very young, i have to find more abult roles". His first big-screen role post-Malcolm is in the horro flick Stay alive, about a group of friends who are terrorised by a hunted video game. "Its intense and I really have to act," he says."i show what i can do."

While Frankie will miss the show that made him a star, he might not miss some of his fans stranger requests. "I've had lots of people asking for locks of my hair. What are they going to do with hair? Hopefully they wont clone me"!

So the date for the last episode is July 2nd malcolm fans (in the uk). im almost 99.9% thats there be something in next months Sky magazine and when that comes i will write it up. see ya soon:)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
malcolmfan said:
You can see the last few episodes every Sunday before the grand finale on 2 July. After that , there will be a special celebration of the greatest moments of the series.

It looks like Fox would have made some kind of "greatest moments" special to air after the finale here. That's pretty sad that the UK station honors the show more than the station where it started out. :rolleyes: Anyway, thanks for the info Malcolm fan. Enjoy the finale!

That's odd that people write to Frankie and ask for a lock of his hair, but he's probably received stanger requests than that too. People are wierd... :eek:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
ERh......Id have a lock of hair :S! i think ....but it wouldnt be the first thing to come to mind. its a bit starkerish. maybe i wouldnt. i wouldnt ask him, but if someone gave it to me, maybe id accept.

hope i havent scared people........:)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
LOL, I'd definitely accept if he (or someone else) gave it to me, but I wouldn't want to come right out and ask him. It would be really wierd asking for something like that. :D

samboo1

Im not sure about the ratings, but as Wildcat said its good to see a proper finale, with at least some episodes first getting prepared...

Reesegurl

Oh yeah, I read that article the other day!
Its sad because when its finished here as well as over there, it really is gone forever!

I was wondering about that part that said, 'a special celalbration of all the greatest moments'. does anyone know what that would be?

In the U.S was there a celebration show or anything?:confused:

rzombie1988

Reesegurl said:
In the U.S was there a celebration show or anything?:confused:

Nope, but we actually did get an episode today, even though it was a repeat. It's something to celebrate because Fox hasn't forgotten about MITM, yet...

It's aired initially on Sky One in the UK (owned by Rupert Murdoch), a pay channel. Then, it is aired a year or so later on BBC. BBC's approach seems similar to that of Fox, they don't really care, for example when they began airing last season, there were no promo's or adverts for it, I wasn't aware until I stumbled across it, they also have a tendancy to move it around in the schedules. However, the ratings for mitm on sky one are on a par with The Simpsons, at times higher. BBC ratings vary- comparisons are slightly harder to draw, as you can imagine with a lower population figures in general will appear less than that of the US.

simon_4420

i wonder if the BBC will actually get up to season 7? Every time i have turned over the channel to watch it, it never seems to be on. And when it is it is a random episode sometimes...

Anyways the article was pretty cool, It seems that Sky give MITM more credit than Fox does, which is weird

BBC seem to have struggled their way through season 5 and based upon the scheduling season 6 should probably begin some time in August, whether it will or not is anyones guess

Reesegurl

The BBC are so slow! They really are behind! And what annoys me about that channel is the way they change the shows they are going to put on on the day its scheduled!! But I do love the way they've no ads in a programme!
In Ireland we have a channel called TV3 and it had mitm only shortly after Sky. That channel really promotes the show! There is always ads for it and they are up to the end of the 5th season and we're waiting for the 6th. There was a time when it was only 1 season behind Sky, so its not too bad. They actually have alot more ads for mtim than Sky...

Deweyrules! your signiture is funny! The L is for value,lol!

reese35

simon_4420 said:
i wonder if the BBC will actually get up to season 7? Every time i have turned over the channel to watch it, it never seems to be on. And when it is it is a random episode sometimes...

Anyways the article was pretty cool, It seems that Sky give MITM more credit than Fox does, which is weird

I know, it f@!#ing sickens me. TV Guide even had these previews when you'd get to the friday section, for example, here's the preview of "Army Buddy" -

Lois goes from Dr. Jekyll to Dr. Scholl's when shoe inserts turn her into a crazed, energetic woman by alleviating her foot pain. But Hal's exhausted by his new wife and looks for a way to give the inserts the boot.

Round then, the TV Guide had it's full page revamp.