More on Frankie and his films.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
My Sexiest Year

Ryan Cabrera
, Method-acting legend Harvey Keitel and sitcom superstar Frankie Muniz all in the same film? The trio have made plans to star in "My Sexiest Year," a coming-of-age comedy whose unlikely cast also includes Haylie Duff, Nick Zano (TV's "What I Like About You") and Amber Valletta ("Transporter 2"). Currently shooting in Miami Beach, Florida, the film follows a young man's life-defining romantic encounter with an international supermodel. As if the casting news isn't strange enough, Muniz said the film is his final role before he quits acting to follow his dream of becoming a professional race car driver. It will mark the big-screen acting debut, however, of "On the Way Down" singer Cabrera. No word yet on whether they'll expand the dimensions of theater screens to accommodate Cabrera's hair. ...

MTV.com

House Sales

Halle Berry recently bought a palatial Tuscan-style mansion from "Malcolm in the Middle" star Frankie Muniz. He sold the 4,500-square-foot home for $6 million because, as he put it, "It's a lot of house for just me."

Warnerbros.com

Parental Guidance Suggested

Not Another Teen Movie writers Adam Jay Epstein and Andrew Jacobson will write (with the help of the Lonely Island SNL faction and a team of thousands) and direct Parental Guidance Suggested, a sketch-based film in which Frankie Muniz plays a guy who finally gets his girlfriend to put out, "only to find she wants to take things much further, including farm animals and midgets." We've always secretly wanted to see Cody Banks fuck a chicken in the presence of a little person, so we couldn't be more excited.

Defamer.com

Jen Yamato writes: "Does anyone else remember "Malcolm in the Middle"'s Frankie Muniz announcing his retirement from acting just last month? Apparently he's reconsidered to star in a SNL-driven comedy about teens, sex, and, um, animals...

RottenTomatoes.com

So Basically it seem either he has changed his mind about Driving Career or there is time to squeeze in fliming of Parental Guidance Advised.

Discuss :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
@Yardgames-I agree.
Both of these movies sound pretty..stupid. Im not into any of these teen "comedy" movies(Not Another Teen Movie was disgusting and terrible, to say the least). If this is the kind of crap that Frankie is starring in, then I can't wait for him to get out of Hollywood and go race cars, like he said he'd do.

Alfista Junior

Considering how he's doing in race, he'd better resume his acting career.:D
Otherwise the $8million-a-year-boy will turn into a $8-a-year-driver..

Alfista Junior

Rather bad. Trainings were bad: He is often the last one.
1st race : Qualifying 20 and 24 out of 26. 1st round: he ends up 20.(it could be worse considering all training results.

You can follow it on http://www.formulabmwusa.com . The round 2 is at 10:30 AM in Ohio (at Ohio's time I guess)

simon_4420

Thanks for the link Alfista junior:)

Have to say the movie sounds just like so many other movies aimed at teens, but I'm sure I will see it when it comes out though..

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Hey, let's ease off Frankie for a bit. Give him time to perfect his racing abilities. I bet in a year or so he'll be NASCAR champ.:D

Ryebeach

Here's some more cast and plot info on My Sexiest Year from the Hollywood Reporter. Contrary to what MTV said in the above article, this film is sounding to be more of a dramedy than a teen comedy but time will tell.

Frankie Muniz, Harvey Keitel and Amber Valletta are starring in writer-director Howard Himelstein's coming-of-age dramedy My Sexiest Year, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The story centers on a young man (Muniz) and his never-to-be-forgotten romantic encounter with a top international model, played by Valletta. Keitel plays his estranged father.

Also cast are Christopher McDonald (Broken Flowers) Frances Fisher (Mrs. Harris) and Haylie Duff (7th Heaven). Pop star Ryan Cabrera and Victoria Secret model Karolina Kurkova are making their acting debuts in the film.

Source: Comingsoon.net/Hollywood Reporter - My Sexiest Year

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Im sorry to say, but this movie is sounding crappier and crappier. I sure hope Frankie doesn't jepordize his film career by doing crap like this.

Ryebeach

Some more news on Frankie:

He competed in the Formula One BMW USA race this past weekend in Indianapolis.

On Saturday he started 27th and finished 16th, delivering his best result of the season according to this article: Backstretch Motorsports - 7/1/06

On Sunday, he finished 19th out of 29th, according to this article: Backstretch Motorsports - 7/2/06

Also, a distributor for one of Frankie's new films, Parental Guidance Suggested, has been secured. Dimension Films, the studio behind the Scary Movie franchise has acquired the rights to this movie. A release date has not yet been set.

There was some confusion in recent times as to if production for this film was even under way, however, this article confirms that production recently wrapped.

Source: Zap2it.com - 6/28/06 - Distributor set for Parental Guidance Suggested

yardgames

Retired Administrator
You mean they didn't even have a distributor for the movie yet? Whoa. So it was a private film? Interesting. And it sounds like he's starting to get a little bit better at racing...

Ryebeach

yardgames said:
You mean they didn't even have a distributor for the movie yet? Whoa. So it was a private film? Interesting. And it sounds like he's starting to get a little bit better at racing...
Yeah, sounds like it was a privately funded film, which surprised me as they have a rather large cast assembled and over 70 speaking parts. That's very pricey... The film must have had a lot of investors unless the actors all worked at scale. :confused:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Holy crap--over 70 speaking parts!? WOW! Sounds like quite the movie. What's the keyboard shortcut to get that little face with the bulging eyes and mouth that looks like it's saying wow? I need that right now. :D

Edit: you mean :eek:?