Commentary article regarding Francis

Ryebeach

I'm a big fan of commentary writing where facts aren't just given to us. The writers put their opinions into the words, adding their own personal touch to the piece. This is a wonderful commentary article dedicated almost entirely to the character of Francis, whom I'd say is the least talked about (in articles) main character on the show.

Enjoyable reading: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12693308/ *Minor Series Finale Spoiler*

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Thanks Rye, very interesting article. It's nice to see an article dedicated to Francis since he's so often overlooked. It's interesting how Chris said something along the lines of 'Francis has grown, but not grown up.' He's definitely matured to some degree (as the author mentioned), but like Chris said he's still very immature as we've seen from his lack of a 'real' job over the past 2 seasons and his need to always blame someone for his faults--as we saw in AA. Anyway, good read. :)

Oh, and the the author called Ida "Grandma Iva". :D

Just a warning--this article contains a very small spoiler (with a warning before) and a pic from Graduation. Nothing major, IMO, but I thought I'd point that out for those of you that are trying to avoid any and all spoilers.

Ryebeach

Wildcat said:
Just a warning--this article contains a very small spoiler (with a warning before) and a pic from Graduation. Nothing major, IMO, but I thought I'd point that out for those of you that are trying to avoid any and all spoilers.
Thanks for pointing that out, Christina. :) My apologies for not mentioning it in my post. I've corrected that.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Ryebeach said:
Thanks for pointing that out, Christina. :) My apologies for not mentioning it in my post. I've corrected that.

No problem at all Rye. It's not even major, but I didn't want it to catch anybody off guard. Thanks for adding your warning anyway! :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Ryebeach said:
Rye! I thought you weren't gonna look at spoilers! :D