New film role for Frankie

Ryebeach

While we've been reading many aritcles detailing how Frankie is planning a break from acting to pursue a racing career, Reuters is reporting today that Frankie has signed on for a movie, currently entitled, Parental Guidance Suggested. It's a comedy, aimed at a teenage audience and is being directed by the folks who brought us Not another Teen Movie. The film co-stars, Ryan Pinkston (Quintuplets), Michael Cera (Arrested Development), Jamie Kennedy and Matthew Lillard (Scream), among others.

Follow this link for more info: New Film Role for Frankie - Reuters - 5/9/06

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Thanks for the news and article Rye! You keep finding some all this good info for us. :D That's great that Frankie has signed on for a new film. Some parts sounds a bit...uh...risque for a movie aimed at teen, but I'll just leave that one alone. :D I'm just glad he's not totally disappearing from the acting scene. And I'm assuming that he plans to stay with his racing career too. Glad things seem to be going well for him.

Ryebeach

Wildcat said:
That's great that Frankie has signed on for a new film. Some parts sounds a bit...uh...risque for a movie aimed at teen, but I'll just leave that one alone. :D
I completely agree. :D Maybe they're aiming for the older teens, or at least that'd be my hope from the brief, yet descriptive plotline that was released. :eek:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Yeah, that sounded like a border on the R rating to me--not that teens don't watch R movies :)D) just that they're not exactly targeted at teens.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Uh....hm:confused: . Im not too sure what to make of this movie. Sounds kinda...weird. And DEFINATLY not for teens, more like adults.
And I don't know about you guys, but I still view Frankie as Malcolm, and if he gets in a movie like this where he may curse alot and he is put into.."situations"(if you get my drift), I find it weird since I feel like Im still watching Malcolm on the screen. Do you guys feel the same way?

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
WELL amaerican pie, road trip etc all classed teen movie and it sounds like them. REALLY GOOD NEWS cause we will get to see frankie again. :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068555/

well in the artcils they say that waa the old title, maybe they have not relation but who knows. No dates or anything it seems to got againt everything that was said in previous releases, that he was taking a break and that he had to concentrate on driving. Sounds like it would be funny tho.

Reesegurl

I know this post is kind of old but I was gone a while.
Good news about Frankie though! :)
I understand why people would think it shouldn't be for teens, but if it was rated higher, teenagers are going to watch it anyway!
As a teen ( I sound so grown up!:p) I hate being told that I'm 'too young' to watch this or that! I know that adults try their best to keep us 'innocent' and all but in most cases, thats not true. :eek:

There is nothing worse than being turned away from a cinema because something is rated '18' or something! And another thing that gets to me is the way that some teen movies are so tame that teens have no interest in them! The more 'risque' they are the more we want to watch them!! Its the same with everything, if your not allowed to do something, you obviosly want to do it. So I think that it should be kept a 'teen movie' because teens will want to watch it.;)