Reese-mirror image of Hal

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I really started thinking about it and I realized that Reese is getting to be an almost mirror image of Hal. They both act kinda the same way, and they both have the same personality. Like we learn in the show that Hal used to be a rebel and all that(like Reese was/still is), and we all know that at times Hal can be....off the handle a little:D , as is Reese.
I think it would be neat if the show would go on maybe five more years. I bet you anything Reese would turn out just like Hal: Reese would fall in love with a good woman, they'd get married and have five kids(like Hal and Lois). Although it'd also be pretty cool if instead of five boys, Reese ends up having five daughters instead:D . Id personally love to see Reese try to raise five daughters!:)
Anyway, what do you guys think?

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
LOL, that would be hilarious watching Reese raise five daughters. He would probably be a really good dad like Hal though. I'd feel sorry for the boys who wanted to date them--he'd probably beat them all up. :D

Hal and Reese are a lot alike. We found out in Lois Strikes Back that Reese gets some of his personality from Lois, but I think most of it comes from Hal. There have actually been several references on the show where they pointed out their similiarities. Here's a few that come to mind:

Cliques--Hal wants to knock over Dewey's dominoes (a plan that has Reese written all over it.) Then when Reese catches Hal looking at the dominoes he says: "I know that look. It's my look. Now I know where I got it from."

Hal Sleepwalks--Reese asks Hal why doesn't he talk to Malcolm about something (can't remember what) and Hal says in his sleep: "No, the smart one scares me. You're normal...like me."

Standee--Reese and Hal devise a plot together to get revenge on the garbage man who dumped trash all over their lawn.

That's all specific references that I can think of at the moment. I'm sure there's more.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That's a fascinating theory. We've always compared Francis to Lois, but we've never compared Reese to Hal. And now that you say it, that makes perfect sense! As Lois put it, someday a woman will civilize him and they'll have a happy family together. After all, we know Reese is capable of love.

han_keep_smilin

Reese with five daughters!!! at the monent i can imagine him teaching them all to fight and stuff .if anyone has seen the film Dogdeball well i think that they would look like the girls that the team is against first!!:D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Do you guys think Reese would raise them as "tomboys" or will he let them be mainly influenced by their mother?

simon_4420

Thats not a bad connection Tony. You can see similarities in Reese and Hal, and Reese would turn out alot more like Hal than Lois.

It would be funny to see Reese with daughters, although as we saw in the episode where Lois imagines the boys as girls, the girl version of Reese was kind of a handful...:D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Another thought-what if the girls turned out to be the complete opposite of Reese? I mean that they are very nice, caring, and so on.:)

AlexTheMartian

yardgames said:
That's a fascinating theory. We've always compared Francis to Lois, but we've never compared Reese to Hal. And now that you say it, that makes perfect sense! As Lois put it, someday a woman will civilize him and they'll have a happy family together. After all, we know Reese is capable of love.
I thaught in the episodes where Malcolm was working in Lucky Aide with Lois it showed that Malcolm is also very similar to Lois. I dont know about Dewey? whom is he influenced by? Hal or Lois? Both?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Dewey is totally influenced by Francis--especially after watching Graduation. It's subtle early on, but if the series were to be extended, Dewey would totally be another Francis.