Future jobs

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I was wondering..what jobs or whatnot will the boys have in a few years(providing the show went on):

Francis: I cant guess this one, he's done everything from making minimum wage cleaning stuff in Alaska to making good money on a ranch, etc. I think his job in five years is a store clerk(like Dante in the movie "Clerks")

Reese: I can see Reese as one of two things-
1)A chef, because from all indications he is a great cook on the show. I mean, he even made Thanksgiving dinner!:D
2)(please excuse me for this one, but I HAVE to say it)...A pimp.:D LOL! I crack up just thinking about that one! Can anyone see Reese dressed in a pimp outfit?! LOL!

Malcolm: A big wig of a major corporation. He has the smarts to do it, but he'd be like Donald Trump, always firing people.:D

Dewey: A world leader. Yes, I said it. I think Dewey has the ability to lead a country or something. Id vote him in as president, dammit!:D

Anyway, those are my picks for jobs.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Francis--I think he should find a decent paying job temporarily (doesn't matter what) until he raises enough money to open up his own ranch like the Grotto. He seemed happiest when he was working there and he was really good at it.

Reese--I agree, I think Reese should be a chef. That's his true calling, but I could see him being some kind of salesperson as well. He seemed to be a natural at that too.

Dewey--I agree with your choice for him too. I could totally see him as a politician, manipulating his way all the way to the top. He'd make a great president. :D Of course, the obvious choice would be a famous musician/composer.

Malcolm--He's going to be a famous scientist and win a nobel prize for discovering the cure for some deadly disease, obviously. Unfortunatly, however, he'll probably be very lonely in life because he'll spend all his time doing research and never have a social life. :(

Jamie--After Dewey becomes president, he'll give him an important position--like Secretary of State or something. :D

rzombie1988

Francis - Like I said in another thread, he would end up being some kind of leader like a Ghandi or Che or Martin Luther King. I'm getting this idea from the episode where Hal visits the academy and Francis sticks up for that kid. It's not really a job, but yeah.

Malcolm - Probably some kind of scientist. According to the one episode, he'd be good at any job he had, so it wouldn't matter. I could see him possibly being a principal, teacher(like Herkabe), a bum, or a criminal.

Reese - Reese would probably be a chef, or maybe some kind of guidance counselor. I still have hope that one day Reese will finally evolve.

Dewey - Musician obviously, but he could also teach mentally disabled kids. Dewey could also be an artist, since we know he can make a play.

Jamie - No one could really say. Could be anything.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
You guys are making this way too happy and easy. People change and you can hardly tell what they'll be like when they are adults when they're still kids and teens.

We know Malcolm's obviously interested in nuclear biology and he's been a social reject his whole life, but I think the other dweebs in that program at Harvard will help wean him away from that. I think he will be a somewhat successful and happy father, but one of those people who tends to "accidentally" put his work at a research lab first.

Reese will make a great stay-at-home mom. Sooner or later, he'll find a girlfriend he can maintain and get married to. He almost had Allison for awhile. He'll be trying to study for something or other in college and his girlfriend will help him graduate. They'll get married and have a kid, and Reese becomes a stay-at-home dad; shows his kids all the "tricks" he learned as a kid, take care of him, and love him just a little bit more than he loved his butterflies. :)

Dewey could do quite anything and trying to predict him right now is quite frankly like trying to predict what Malcolm would do in "Hal Quits." Although I actually like the politician idea. :D

And I think Francis will eventually end up in an impersonal job in the corporate world just like his father.