Can you get frost in California

admin

Retired Administrator
Many people believe that the family is based in California, but can you get frost in California like there was in Butterflies.

If not it would confirm my belief that the family is from Idaho, because in a season 1 episode dewey said "I wish I was the King of Alabama".

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I personally wouldn't know, cause I live in New Jersey, where you can deffinatly get frost.

Which part of California is a better question, It is a great chance that they get frost in Northern and central California.

This I know there are at least 4 states where they do not live, Hawaii, Alaska, Alabama and Arazonia.

admin

Retired Administrator
I found this nice map of the butterflies Reese had in Butterflies. It shows that they can live in California in the winter, but it does rule out Idaho as a place of living.

I believe like many have said before that there is no real place where the family live, they just live in the "USA" somewhere.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
If they choose just one location, it could limit storylines. As it is, they can have any storyline, because location doesn't really matter much.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
If the writers did ever have to name where they lived, they would probably say California. Since they film in California, everywhere looks like california. Claiming they lived somewhere else would be hard to buy. You know that they can drive to Las Vegas. And, yes, you can get frost in California.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
You can get frost almost anywhere. They had a bit of snow in Florida last year, as I recall. If the season is unseasonably (sorry, badly phrased) warm or cold, anything can happen.

starlite07

I live in California, you can get frost there, especially near the mountains. It snows in some areas too, most ppl think it's always sunny.lol

As i don't live there, i wouldn't know although i think there might be a possibility as there are mountains and it's probably quite cold in the winter!!

Dewey

Minimalistic
Set in LA, the movie Crash (2005) ends with a snow scene. Not the deep several feet of snow on the ground you may have seen in other titles, but a snow shower. It adds a real sense of atmosphere to the plot.

D

Deleted member 1693

Yes. I'm not really sure where this "no snow in California" thing comes from, because there is plenty of snow to the east and in the mountains. Just saying.