Candyman Clip

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: candyman

We're no longer allowed to host videos, so we don't have it here. I believe that was from a season 1 episode though, so you should be able to find it on the season 1 DVDs. :)

reese35

Correction, Sam, it was season 2 - New Neighbors. I would know, being the fan I am, but it's season 2. Many pardons if I offend you.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Thanks, Mike; not offended at all. After I wrote that, I actually started second-guessing myself. :D

We can't host them because they are copyrighted by Fox and hosting something that is not your property is illegal; Fox could sue the Voting Community, if they wanted to. We used to host some episodes, but we were asked to remove them and no longer have them here. Sorry.

Kratos

yardgames said:
Thanks, Mike; not offended at all. After I wrote that, I actually started second-guessing myself. :D

We can't host them because they are copyrighted by Fox and hosting something that is not your property is illegal; Fox could sue the Voting Community, if they wanted to. We used to host some episodes, but we were asked to remove them and no longer have them here. Sorry.

I'm confused how that would be a problem hosting small timed frames of clips espically as all clips would have the Fox logo at the bottom right... :confused:

You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use the content on this Web page in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from the content on this Web page except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use the content on this Web page requires the prior written permission of [name of copyyright holder].

Unless you were selling the clips off it's not illegal.

Finally this message board has a disclimer saying something like "Admin and owners are not responsible for posters content" when you sign up every member has to agree to it, how could the Community be sued? :confused:

I'm not trying to pick a fight... honest :p but I personally feel it's better to question things if you dont fully understand something. Many unoffical sites host mass media files... so I basically dont get why they can do it if "we" cant.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I don't know about clips, but hosting entire episodes is definitely illegal. As yardgames said, they MITMVC was told to remove them when they did host them. And even though the forum has a disclaimer, the owner still has a responsiblity to to monitor all content on the boards and remove anything that is known to be illegal/inappropriate, hence the reason for moderators. ;)

You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use the content on this Web page in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use

About the clips--Even thought the MITMVC wouldn't be making any money off them, it can't really be considered personal use if they are hosted on a public forum where people can view and download them. Even if it is okay, it's better to be safe than sorry and just not host anything that might be considered a copyright violation.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Just another reason why Fox NEEDS to get the season two dvd set of Malcolm out on store shelves! Here's a sample letter we can write to Fox:

Dear FOX Executives,
Let me spell this: R-E-L-E-A-S-E S-E-A-S-O-N T-W-O O-F M-A-L-C-O-L-M N-O-W!!!!
Thank you,
Sign name :D

Plus, some of my favorite episodes are on season two. And the Candyman routine is my all time favorite Francis moment in the entire show!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Wildcat said:
I don't know about clips, but hosting entire episodes is definitely illegal. As yardgames said, they MITMVC was told to remove them when they did host them. And even though the forum has a disclaimer, the owner still has a responsiblity to to monitor all content on the boards and remove anything that is known to be illegal/inappropriate, hence the reason for moderators. ;)

About the clips--Even thought the MITMVC wouldn't be making any money off them, it can't really be considered personal use if they are hosted on a public forum where people can view and download them. Even if it is okay, it's better to be safe than sorry and just not host anything that might be considered a copyright violation.
Your a little wrong there. MITMVC was never threaten with legal action and/or told to remove copyrighted files. They where removed of choice due to increasing cases of prosections in US about cpopyrighted Music, this was way before any threats where made againt tv/movie piracy. Small Clips from shows generally do not bother authorities, full episode yes, but clips no.

As it happens you will find Candy man clip on YouTube which is currently working with FOX, i know from personal experiance (and facts) I put the family guy MITM and they ask me to remove it. So they obviously havent decided to remove this so obviously it cool. Also its on YouTube so its saves our bandwidth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OPh69yBT7k&search=malcolm%20in%20the%20middle

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
tjpeople said:
Your a little wrong there. MITMVC was never threaten with legal action and/or told to remove copyrighted files. They where removed of choice due to increasing cases of prosections in US about cpopyrighted Music, this was way before any threats where made againt tv/movie piracy.

Oh, I see. I wasn't here when they hosted the episodes, or when they removed them so I wasn't exactly sure of the circumstances. I just know they were taken town for when downloading episodes was ruled illegal.

glm1234

now i can annoy my brother cos i say he sings like spangler:)

"you can even eat the dishes"

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Wildcat said:
Oh, I see. I wasn't here when they hosted the episodes, or when they removed them so I wasn't exactly sure of the circumstances. I just know they were taken town for when downloading episodes was ruled illegal.

Yea i thought that was the case, however Sam got it wrong too, and he was around.