TV through the decades

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I was just wondering what everyone's favorite shows are from the decades of the 1950's to now. Here's my list:

1950's- Gunsmoke. Great show that went on for years and years. It was the very first western/action tv show ever made.

1960's- Star Trek. Awesome show! Gene Rodenberry was a friggen genius for coming up with this. Very first show of it's kind that was centered in space and had to do with space travel and exploration...plus it had a bunch of aliens.:D

1970's- Sanford and Son. Hands down one of the funniest shows ever made. In fact, S&S rates along Malcolm as one of my favorite tv shows of all time. If you haven't seen S&S, you have GOT to watch an episode of it on TV Land. You wont regret it.:)

1980's- The Incredible Hulk. I loved this show when I was younger, and I still do love it now, even though I admit it was kinda cheesy. Bill Bixby kicked ass as Bruce Banner.:D

1990's- Mystery Science Theater:3000(or known as MST3K). A stroke of genius, this show was. Get a guy and two robots he built and put them inside a movie theater where they make fun of a really bad movie. Awesome show, and if you haven't seen it, youve missed something extremely funny!

2000's- (no suprise here) Malcolm In the Middle. Hands down also one of the funniest shows ever made. Along with Sanford and Son, it rates as one of my all time favorite shows. I guess everyone else here agrees with me on this one, or you wouldn't be here:D . I don't have to explain why this show is so great for obvious reasons, being that this is a MITM fansite!

Anyway, there's mine. What about all yours?

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Well, believe me, your missing out on a damn funny show if you have never seen Sanford and Son. I have almost the whole show on dvd(there are six seasons, and Ive got four on dvd).:)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
But when you try to tell them they're going to say "I don't watch old tv shows...they're too old for me." :D

Lets see...
I don't know anything from the 50's or 60's...

70's--Happy Days (this was the 70's, right?)

80's--none really, but if I have to choose I'll go with Family Ties

90's--Fresh Prince of Bel Air / Boy Meets World (I can't decide)

00's--MITM (duh)

reese35

OK, here's Ol' Mikey's.

50's - I Love Lucy. One of the best! If you watched an episode, you'd understand the concept. You'd have to get up hella early (like 4:30) or ditch school (9.30) to check out an eppy on TV Land or check out your local station. For you Angelino's (L.A.), KTTV Fox 11 broadcasts episodes on the weekends.

60's - Bewitched

70's - All in the Family - To me, the show that spawned the dramady (and a couple spinoffs and spinoffs of spinoffs).

80's - my hardest decade of shows. I'd narrow it down to Dallas, Knots Landing, (Knots Landing was Dallas' spinoff centering around Gary Ewing, the 'black sheep'. For those of you that watch Dallas, you can pretty much agree with me that J.R. is the most vicious, callous MoFo on television. Totally deserved that shot!) Miami Vice, Night Court, The Cosby Show, Perfect Strangers, and Benson.

90's - third hardest. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Boy Meets World, Roseanne, South Park, SpongeBob, The Simpsons and That '70s Show.

2000 - second hardest. But you can't mess with Malcolm! Everyone here knows that!