Chat Discussion (previously Day of Silence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Im not sure if everyone will go along with me on this, but as a final ode to MITM, on Monday May 15th, I say we observe a day of silence, in which we don't post anything until the following day. I just think we should do something, but if anyone else has any other ideas, Id love to hear them:)

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Re: Day of Silence

Nice idea for a tribute Tony, but I'm not sure how well it will go over since people are going to be anxious to post their thoughts/reviews on the final episode. Also, we'll probably want to cry on each other's shoulder for support that day since we'll all be majorly depressed--that's if we can mangage to drag ourselves out of bed. :D Maybe we could do something else as a tribute--like designate a time frame for an official forum chat or something (just throwing ideas out here.) I'm thinking that the forum is going to be pretty busy on May 15 so a day of silence probably wouldn't work out too well.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

Ok then, how about later in the week after we have time to discuss the final episode with each other?

yardgames

Retired Administrator

I don't know about you guys but I gotta drag myself to school on May 15. :D Maybe you should designate that chat on the 14th?

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

I was thinking Monday evening if we decide to do the chat. But Sunday afternoon would be better though. That way it won't be the middle of the night in Europe!

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

I don't have a problem with your idea if everyone else wants to go along with it.

We would have the chat in the forum chat room. It's under Quick Links > Flash Chat at the top.

Kratos

tony_montana said:
So much for my idea...
Anyway, where will we have this chat at?

Like it's been said already, not posting on a message board is kinda to put it bluntly not gonna work. Unless the site is shut down your going to have people "talking" just as you do in real life silences which are normally only 2 mins long anyway :eek:

I like the idea of a massive chat too, because normally it's hard to get to know people here in chat because they run off in small groups into rooms and only want to chat with themselves. :( . Plus its the end of MITM, I expect one last surge of new members so it would be nice to get to know them and keep them posting into the future, arrive at a dead board and your not gonna come back are you?

han_keep_smilin

Its a good i dea but anyone who is new to the site, has not come on in a while or doesnt know about it will post and stuff:D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

yeahhh.....im starting to think, and I didn't take any of that into consideration. The chat sounds like the winning idea. Man, I can be a dumbass!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

Chat, will be good, but its hard to get a good time, what time did we have one the last time, we sorta found quite a good time for it. (wasnt good for austrilaians, but ok for everyone else i think) cant rtemeber what it was - something like 7 GMT

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

I think around 7:00 GMT on Sunday, May 14 would probably be good for most people. The way I figure it, it will be:

2:00 Central US
3:00 East Coast US
8:00 England
9:00 France & Germany

I think that covers most of our active members. The only person who would have a problem would be Amigo22 and anyone else in Australia. It would be around 5:00 am (Monday) there. Maybe he could get up really early? :eek:

This time thing is confusing! :D I found a great site to help sort it all out: http://www.worldtimezone.com/

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Re: Series Finale Forum Chat (previously Day of Silence)

Well, there goes the thread I started....:rolleyes:
So were doing this at 2:00 in the morning?! Are you kidding or high or......?

yardgames

Retired Administrator

2pm in the US. 5 in the morning in Australia...and on a Monday--sorry Amigo. :D

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Aw join the club. Have I ever told you about the time I applied for a job at Fazoli's, then went to the wrong Fazoli's for the interview....? I didn't get the job. :D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

tony_montana said:
Well, there goes the thread I started....:rolleyes:

Sorry Tony, but I figured since everyone seemed to agree that the chat was the way to go, then we may as well change the thread title so people would know what we were discussing.

Amigo22

Super Moderator

I think that covers most of our active members. The only person who would have a problem would be Amigo22 and anyone else in Australia. It would be around 5:00 am (Monday) there. Maybe he could get up really early? :eek:

I'll definitely get up early for the chat if it goes ahead. Cool :D

Amigo22

Super Moderator

tony_montana said:
Im not sure if everyone will go along with me on this, but as a final ode to MITM, on Monday May 15th, I say we observe a day of silence, in which we don't post anything until the following day. I just think we should do something, but if anyone else has any other ideas, Id love to hear them:)

CHEEZY!!!!! :D (sorry couldn't resist :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.