Dewey's Special Class - A Question

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I think if it were a book we would have seen something like, and Dewey thought, This theory is true so put on some pants, and then said, "It works like this..."

So in a way, I beleive you're right, but I don't think Dewey is addressing the audience like Malcolm does as much as he's addressing himself.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
We all know Dewey is off in his own little world in the eariler seasons, could it be trure that he is just in his own little world still, maybe we are his own little world. Personally I think the writers are making that transition from Malcolm to Dewey. Because isn't Dewey also in the middle? The younger brother Jamie, the older brother Malcolm, and the soon to be off into the real world Rese.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
I don't think he speaks to the camera. In my opinion he just repeats the words for himself to remember better. Then, as soon as he knows what malcolm said exactly, he tells Hanson. But he does speak the words in class. I think the others just don't react, because Dewey doesn't speak loudly (just a guess)

Alle

He was reciting from memory of something Malcolm imparted to him from the previous year. I don't understand why anyone would think otherwise.