Who´s gonna cry on May the 14th

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Re: Who´s gonna cry on May the 14th

I'm not really one to cry. I never cry in movies even when everyone around me is bawling. :D It just depends on how it goes. If the last scene is sentimental I might cry a little just cause it would feel like it was the last time I was ever going to see a close friend or something. If it's happy and funny, I doubt I will. Either way, I'll be really depressed though.

Tyno

Malcolm-France

Same as Wildcat... I will be really, really sad, but I'm definitely not going to cry : MitM is a comedy! :p
I may cry if the last episode is crapy tho...

yardgames

Retired Administrator

I'm expecting the last episode to be really bittersweet. For me, with the whole "Graduation" theme going on, I kind of expect to cry. There's going to be seven years of MITM flashing before my eyes. From the very first line. ("This is the world.") to however they decide to conclude the very last episode. MITM has so many memorable moments, but it's more than that. The show is a comedy, yes, but it goes deeper; it establishes that the Wilkersons are not as dysfunctional as they seem at first glance and the unity that the family can display is phenomenal. They can accomplish amazing things--sometimes amazingly destructive things, but amazing things nonetheless. The youngest viewers can relate to early Dewey; teens and young adults can relate to Francis; and parents can relate to Hal and Lois--everyone has someone they can relate to in the show and, at some point in the series, see themselves. Personally, I've grown up admiring Malcolm. He might not be the richest kid on the block, and he might not always realize it, but he has a hell of a good family and I'm going to miss seeing that week after week.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

yardgames said:
I'm expecting the last episode to be really bittersweet. For me, with the whole "Graduation" theme going on, I kind of expect to cry. There's going to be seven years of MITM flashing before my eyes. From the very first line. ("This is the world.") to however they decide to conclude the very last episode. MITM has so many memorable moments, but it's more than that. The show is a comedy, yes, but it goes deeper; it establishes that the Wilkersons are not as dysfunctional as they seem at first glance and the unity that the family can display is phenomenal. They can accomplish amazing things--sometimes amazingly destructive things, but amazing things nonetheless. The youngest viewers can relate to early Dewey; teens and young adults can relate to Francis; and parents can relate to Hal and Lois--everyone has someone they can relate to in the show and, at some point in the series, see themselves. Personally, I've grown up admiring Malcolm. He might not be the richest kid on the block, and he might not always realize it, but he has a hell of a good family and I'm going to miss seeing that week after week.

Amen to that, man. Like wildcat, Im not one to cry at a show ending, BUT I know Ill be depressed for a week or so. All we need to do is come on here and band together and share our memories of a great great show. Am I ever going to miss it.

rzombie1988

yardgames said:

Great post man. I've admired malcolm too, and actually relate to him the most. I think thats why I tend to enjoy the earlier episodes more, because I can see myself as Malcolm.

I'm going to miss this show too. It's really the only show on television I can relate to. It just won't be right when there are no more new episodes. I've watched this show since day one, and do not want to see it end.

I'm not going to be crying, but I most likely will be depressed.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

"Doctor, doctor, I need some anti-depressants because my favorite TV show is ending!"

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D Reminds me of when Hal lied to his doctor to get the sleeping pills in order to catch Craig's cat, who Dewey was doing a bad job babysitting. :D

Wildcat

Retired Moderator

yardgames said:
"Doctor, doctor, I need some anti-depressants because my favorite TV show is ending!"

LOL, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if someone hasn't gone to the doctor and said those exact words. :D That very well could be some of us come May. :D