PM/Mailing system question

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Something weird Ive noticed about my pm box is that when it only has 1-2 pieces of mail in it, it says that I can store up to 10. But then when I get 3-4 pieces of mail in it, it says that I can store only 5. What's up with that?!:confused: So which is it, 5 or 10?

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I believe that it's 10 messages in total--you can have 5 in your inbox and 5 in your sent items box. If you don't have any in your sent items box, maybe it allows you to have more in your inbox, which is way it's telling you that you can have 10 sometimes and 5 others. Either way, its 10 total items for both boxes.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
That's correct. Each message is actually going to count twice if you don't delete it from your sent items bin. So it appears you can actually have ten, but it's going to stop you after sending and receiving five.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
yardgames said:
That's correct. Each message is actually going to count twice if you don't delete it from your sent items bin. So it appears you can actually have ten, but it's going to stop you after sending and receiving five.

You can have more than 10. I've got 14 at the moment (7 sent & 7 in inbox).

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I believe you get more pm space the longer you have been a member and the more posts you have. It's one of those special features that unlocks as your membership rank grows.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I would have guessed david has adjusted space, for mail, cuase of sapce issues. i used to be more.